'I'll work for free.'

footieman

Hearts legend John Robertson has told talk107 he's prepared to help out at Tynecastle for nothing until they get a new manager.

In an exclusive three-part interview - to be broadcast on the Kickabout this evening and Friday Night sport tomorrow - Robbo says he'll now wait for the call...

Guest jambomickey

wpuld rather appoint robbo than some puppet who has worked for kaunas or ripo! i don't think robbos the answer though

Thats Robbo, and Scalla, just waiting on a phone call, how long has Scalla been " Hanging on the telephone " for 3 years ?

Was it Blondie, or the Police that sang that song, or was it the Stranglers, now im confused?:wacko::wacko:

Trained One

At last a sensible option.

A decent stop gap....and a future coaching assistant.

paulyjambo
If only our owner had the same affection and desire for Hearts that Robbo has

Agreed!!!

Think having Robbo there would at least cheer the guys up and maybe get them fighting for the shirt.

The Old Tolbooth

I'm afraid even the great Robbo couldn't teach Clum how to hit the onion bag, I'd welcome him back with open arms though at this point in time.

200milesfromgorgie
Thats Robbo, and Scalla, just waiting on a phone call, how long has Scalla been " Hanging on the telephone " for 3 years ?

Was it Blondie, or the Police that sang that song, or was it the Stranglers, now im confused?:wacko::wacko:

Blondie

I'm sure VR is working to get a manager but whatever is happening, is not happening quickly enough.

He has sent Chernenkov across to fill in which at best has received a mixed reception. By bringing Robbo on board, temporarily or otherwise, he could get himself back onside with the fans as at least there would be someone there with whom they can relate.

Cut The Crap

It only underlines how desperate both Robbo and Hearts have become that this is even being discussed.

It only underlines how desperate both Robbo and Hearts have become that this is even being discussed.

Robbo would be better than anything we have had since Burley I think.

robbo at least knows what it means to play in the maroon.

get him in.

troonjambo
wpuld rather appoint robbo than some puppet who has worked for kaunas or ripo! i don't think robbos the answer though

god bless him for the offer but i always felt robbos tenure threatened to do damage to the legend and that being a thing we all cherish ............... Ill say no more

Guest JamboRobbo

When Robbo was in charge of HMFC, I didn't really think he did a very good job.

Having witnessed the other managers we have since, I now think Robbo would be the messiah in comparison to the muppets we've had.

Here we have a legend, offering his services, through a rather inappropriate medium. However having John Robertson back would instill a bit of pride. We have not got that, nor had that, for some time at Hearts. He knows what we want, he knows what Hearts mean, the feeling of pulling on the jersey and feeling immense pride in the team you are representing is lost on the majority, the vast makority, sadly, at Hearts today.

His record as a manager is debatable, that is not what I am looking for, he has not got as bad a record as some may think. He had marvellous displays in Europe and worked with a very limited squad. He would have a very similair standard to work with again. I doubt he'd be given the job on a permanent basis due to the fact that Romanov stated to a few of the Duddingston boys that he feels it is a mistake to go down the manager having Hearts links.

Surely this is a better option than a Bulgarian with limited knowledge of the clubs history and prestige. He is a winner by nature and has a passion for Hearts. Thats what we need at this time. A passion, the passion we feel, we need our club back and we have to learn to accept some of Romanovs methods and the fact he is head strong and will not budge his opinion on how things should be run. He has a plan and seems hell bent on making it work....how? Who ***in knows....he has to give us something to hold onto and this would be a relatively small gesture but would mean so much to me and hopefully at least some of the faithful. Think he is far down a ****ty path and he won't be coming back anytime shortly. Sorry if this makes no sense it sounds ok in my head but I'm stoned.

Graeme Russell
robbo at least knows what it means to play in the maroon.

get him in.

That will be the reason why he wont get the call, because the fans want him:(

Cut The Crap
Robbo would be better than anything we have had since Burley I think.

Damned with faint praise.

I don't think he handled the situation well when he was here before and I can't see what has changed about him or us that would enable him to handle it better now. I'd prefer it if he didn't damage his reputation as a Hearts legend any further.

I don't get this, wouldn't he just be a puppet? Why are we so happy to take this?

Would Robbo, having no control of team affairs, be any different from FCKaunusov with no control.

The issue is no longer whether we bring in a manager, its whether we give him full football control. And we clearly aren't if he is not allowed to appoint his own reserve team coach.

Boab Mugabe

Having witnessed the other managers we have since, I now think Robbo would be the messiah in comparison to the muppets we've had.

Seconded.

I don't get this, wouldn't he just be a puppet? Why are we so happy to take this?

Would Robbo, having no control of team affairs, be any different from FCKaunusov with no control.

The issue is no longer whether we bring in a manager, its whether we give him full football control. And we clearly aren't if he is not allowed to appoint his own reserve team coach.

Passion?

The rules that Romanov make will not alter but surely it's better to have a man who knows what we are about than a guy who would not be able to tell you who John Robertson is let alone anything about OUR

Passion?

The rules that Romanov make will not alter but surely it's better to have a man who knows what we are about than a guy who would not be able to tell you who John Robertson is let alone anything about OUR club.

Romanov seems hell bent on making us suffer for some reason. If he really is so head strong as to take an opinion with the open-mindedness he should have then this is the closest we are going to get to someone who understands what Hearts means.

Sure a coach from abroad with the right crudentials may not understand Hearts as a club but would have the tactical knowledge to turn us into a successful club but we are a million miles, and pounds, away from appointing anyone with these crudentials and the next best thing is knowledge of the club. Robbo has that. Although ultimately, in my humble opinion, Romanov will not even consider it.

Gigolo-Aunt

No ta.

Robbo's career as a manager is pretty dire in recent times. Relationships with clubs have been sour.

Robbo has went from a man who was always liked with jobs in the media to beinf somewhat damaged goods.

We are a shambles, no doubt - I dont see anything in Robbo's maagerial career to suggest that he can pick up the pieces at the club and take us forward.

I think some fans get a bit misty eyes when it comes to Robbo and him coming back to the club as manager.

Hearts legend, but it should be left as that.

Damned with faint praise.

I don't think he handled the situation well when he was here before and I can't see what has changed about him or us that would enable him to handle it better now. I'd prefer it if he didn't damage his reputation as a Hearts legend any further.

I remember the displays in Basle and against Rangers in the Davies game. Excellent tactical work from Robbo with the remains of Levein's squad, then supplemented by a decent choice of the Kaunas players offered and a couple of good signings off his own bat. All in the storm of the Pieman/Romanov situation.

My personal preference for the management team would be to bring in JJ/Pressley/Fulton and Locke. With all the conditions obviously that we have all talked about on selection/player recruitment/budgets etc. But if we are not going to have that sort of setup then perhaps Robbo would be a reasonable choice.

Geoff Kilpatrick

It's a fantastic gesture by Robbo but he would end up being treated as the Frail of the 2008-09 season if this was the case.

He only had 6 months in charge.

Good wins in Basle and at Parkhead.

Hard to judge anyone in that period of time (unless it is Mad Eddie) however his career has hardly taken off since he left us.

In addition, my memories of Robbo will never be tarnished!

I recently bought one of those signed photos of Robbo lifting the Cup. It is a moment and a memory that I will always cherish. Still get goosebumps when I think about that moment.

walton1983
I'm sure VR is working to get a manager but whatever is happening, is not happening quickly enough.

He has sent Chernenkov across to fill in which at best has received a mixed reception. By bringing Robbo on board, temporarily or otherwise, he could get himself back onside with the fans as at least there would be someone there with whom they can relate.

Mixed Reception?????????????

i think what robbo is saying is that he would come into the club and lift the players and help out with coaching as we don't actually have anybody to do that at the moment. frail is as good as sacked, korky the cat stands at the side in his jeans and shirt (hardly coaching attire) and who knows what angel does. it is obvious that robbos feelings for the club run deep like the fans and he is worried as we are about current affairs. i don't think he is the answer for manager but would love it if him and mackay got some role in the club. i think that mackay could even do something outwith the football side of things

Cut The Crap
i think what robbo is saying is that he would come into the club and lift the players and help out with coaching as we don't actually have anybody to do that at the moment. frail is as good as sacked, korky the cat stands at the side in his jeans and shirt (hardly coaching attire) and who knows what angel does. it is obvious that robbos feelings for the club run deep like the fans and he is worried as we are about current affairs. i don't think he is the answer for manager but would love it if him and mackay got some role in the club. i think that mackay could even do something outwith the football side of things

He wasn't called "The Janitor" for nothing I suppose. :P

Robbo

Just when I think I could not love you anymore!!!

I was wrong

Love you wee man!

Guest JamboRobbo
Mixed Reception?????????????

I nearly fell of my chair at that use of poetic licence also. Mixed reception indeed. :rofl:

So does Robbo want a coaching job then? The same job he was offered, but turned down, when Romanov first came?

Has he changed his mind because he can not get another job? I tihink so.

He is an ex-Jambo and may care for the club, but if he believed he had a chance at another job, he wouldn't be doing it.

Guest JamboRobbo
So does Robbo want a coaching job then? The same job he was offered, but turned down, when Romanov first came?

Has he changed his mind because he can not get another job? I tihink so.

He is an ex-Jambo and may care for the club, but if he believed he had a chance at another job, he wouldn't be doing it.

Beggers can't be choosers.

As I said above, robbo ain't a very good manager.

But he's a damn sight better than the puppets Vlad has brought in. It'd be a massive step forward from where we are right now.

Robertson9

Robbo was a legend as a player but as manager i wasnt so fond of him.

Tells you what this club means to him though which is more than can be said about some of the arseholes involved with the club now!

sandyseymour
Beggers can't be choosers.

As I said above, robbo ain't a very good manager.

But he's a damn sight better than the puppets Vlad has brought in. It'd be a massive step forward from where we are right now.

I'm available and I reckon I could do as good a job as Robbo. My extensive knowledge of soccer 7s at u8 level combined with regular offers of managership in Championship Soccer (version 3) should be good enough experience for a holding role until the manager's job is filled. However, I'm doing a Billy Davies and awaiting to be approached (no way will I stoop to applying for the temp. post). C'mon VR you know my telephone number. ;)

I think some idiots are being a bit harsh on Robbo.

Because he's offered to help put the club he loves he's now classed as being "desperate"

Jog on...

bishop1874

I really cant understand what was so bad about robbos spell in charge. In 6months he changed the teams style giving us more of an attacking threat whilst we stayed solid at the back, I can honestly say that I thought he took over a solid side and added more dare I say it "flair" whilst trimming the wage bill by looking to clear some of our older players and replacing them with younger players which would have had more sell on value.

If he had stayed in charge I think we would been better than Leveins side however I didnt really complain at the time because of the positive noises coming from the club and the appointment of Burley.

Would love to have him back, maybe some of our players would then understand what it means to play for Hearts.

einiebroon

It was Blondie. vlad doesn't know how to use the phone, only fax machines

As all other Hearts fans do i love Robbo, and with nothing but papertalk and managers knocking us back at the moment, i would love to see someone with a passion for hearts, at the helm or geeing the boys up for next season.

Give him a phone Vlad!!!!!!

FTH

Captain Lithuania

Robbo can make the boys get a bit of fire in their bellies, fair enough, he's lacking managerial experience, but the support will be 100% behind him, let him get a few good signings, and maybe some of the old players back (Skacel, Hartley, Brellier) and then lets see what happens.

vlad on the tyne

Robbo will need to check in with the lithuanian diet police before he gets the gig.

Fantastic gesture from the wee man. Don't rate Robbo as a manager in all fairness but I would take him in a heartbeat considering the options.

The criticism of Robbo in the past about his record is symptomatic of life today, wanting too much too quick.

Robbo took Hearts to 2 semis and gave us a memorable night in Basle.

He started at a time where Vlad hadn`t attained full control of the club therefore not enjoying the fruits George Burley and the future puppets had.

People are very quick to judge in football these days as opposed to years ago. Who knows what Robbo may or may not have achieved if he was kept on?

I hope he comes back in some capacity.

The criticism of Robbo in the past about his record is symptomatic of life today, wanting too much too quick.

Robbo took Hearts to 2 semis and gave us a memorable night in Basle.

He started at a time where Vlad hadn`t attained full control of the club therefore not enjoying the fruits George Burley and the future puppets had.

People are very quick to judge in football these days as opposed to years ago. Who knows what Robbo may or may not have achieved if he was kept on?

I hope he comes back in some capacity.

watch it Debut 4... that's far too sensible a post for this message board.

:toasting:

looking at the basics, Robbo is out of work, will be a cut price option and allow Romanov a period of grace to find a proper manager (or a more crazier way to fugger things up).

nothing ventured nothing gained i say. i'm fairly sure he's also been one of the quieter former employees when it comes to criticising Romanov.

Blondie m8

if he sent a message in a bottle it woulda been the POLICE

AN IF HE WAS LOST AND WALKIN ON THE BEACHES LOOKIN AT THE PEACHES

THE STRANGLERS

SORRY M8 SHOWING MA AGE THERE

John Robertson would be an amazing appointment.

Absolute Legend.

(I still have the 'ROBBO: THE LEGEND RETURNS' scarf, aswell.)

this_is_my_story

As far as I'm concerned, The Wee Man could have lost 8-0 to hibs at Tynie as manager, and nothing would ever tarnish his name as a Hearts Great.

Robbo has seen the situation we're in, and because of his love for the club, has offered to help out without payment. A whole lot better than Cerenkov, who doesn't give a **** about Hearts. Wonderful gesture from Robbo, which makes me think even more highly of a true Hearts Legend.

Blondie

Cheers mate that was driving me crazy, i had convinced myself it was the stranglers.:)

$ilvery_Moon
No ta.

Robbo's career as a manager is pretty dire in recent times. Relationships with clubs have been sour.

Robbo has went from a man who was always liked with jobs in the media to beinf somewhat damaged goods.

We are a shambles, no doubt - I dont see anything in Robbo's maagerial career to suggest that he can pick up the pieces at the club and take us forward.

I think some fans get a bit misty eyes when it comes to Robbo and him coming back to the club as manager.

Hearts legend, but it should be left as that.

Sadly I agree.

Archived