Season Ticket Renewers Joining the Dark Side?

classylevein

Are Season Ticket Renewers Joining The Dark Side ?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are Season Ticket Renewers Joining The Dark Side ?

• Yes
    • No

classylevein

((TIN HAT ON WITH EXTRA STEEL PROTECTION!))

If i were just to blurt out what i think (which i do on a regular basis),my thoughts are that anyone who renews their season ticket is simply condeming the death of Heart of Midlothian. Im Sure you will get people saying in reply "what else is there to do on Saturday", "ive supported them all my life and Romanov will not stop me" or "im a true supporter you are not" type answer but if you look closely at what has changed over the last few years it is real scarey and severly depressing. Has there ever been a time when you force yourself not to think about the team you supported all your life ? , well i have but with not to much sucess.

Just for your information as im sure ill get about 1000 "Hobo" replies, i have been a hearts supporter all my life, season ticket holder since 8 years old and hardly ever missed a game until they shafted Pressley. After that day (which i considered a point of no return) i havent been back since, which has been mega hard to do for me but my opinion is "EVERY PENNY WE GIVE TO ROMANOV SHOWS THAT WE ARE SUPPORTING HIS ACTIONS!" Romanov has been nothing short of embarrasing since the day he sacked Burley, the guy has destroyed any pride and tradition that this club had (stop i will just keep ranting need to make a point here!)

Getting to the point finally, what i want to know is who is doing the right thing here, the season ticket renewers or the people who have said enough is enough go vlad now ! Or is this a star wars type scenario where Vlad is a young Annakin Syywalker who will destroy everything in sight, makes everyones life a complete misery and then come good in the end ????????

Realistically i think were screwed. If we dont renew and Vlad eventually buggers off then we probably have to start up in the 2nd division and lose tynecastle. If we do renew then vlad will continue to disasemble everything about Hearts and eventually end up in the second division anyway as no player or manager (decent) will come to the club and he will sell the ground for some new meglomaniac play toy! Opinions please, no Hobo replies then again its probably a compliment seeing they are in a much better state than us but that wouldnt be hard would it!

Is it really sad posting all this at 6.30am in the morning ?

I would guess that most who renewed by the deadline would not now given the events since then. I certainly would think twice. We were suckered once again and I bought it. I genuinely thought he would get last season out the way and move forward by hey what a mug I am. I wouldnt presume to use the tone of the OP as I firmly believe renewing and not renewing are done for the same reason in a funny way i.e being a Hearts supporter and wont criticise one way or another. I wanted to renew but waited until the last day but if the opinion had been like it is now I wouldnt have but I was aware that many had so did so dived in blindly.

For what its worth I think a full stadium with orchestrated protests may at least make him notice but I also think he has Rhino skin and doesnt give a fek. The last manager to reject (Rober) really did it for me cos by all reports he was offered a magnificant deal/salary and he is currently unemployed but he still knocked it back not due to the league, Hearts or anything else but simply to the Vlad factor and the way he intends doing things and I dont think he will change. Wish I had a cure or even and idea that would help but alas I think it is downhill fom now on

*sighs*

I renewed.

I do not support or approve of Romanov.

I do not support or approve of the current way our club is being run.

Read that - a million times if its what it takes to get it in to your head. Season ticket renewal and support of Romanov and his ways do NOT go hand in hand.

so those who renewed are condemning Hearts to the same fate as they would had they not renewed??:rolleyes:

If nobody renewed, do you think Vlad would just walk away and hand the keys to Tyncastle and Riccarton...probably not!!

I think as long as the mad one is in charge the outcome will be the same in the end no matter how many ST's are sold, when he decided he's had enough he'll leave on his terms.

Sadly I can't see him leaving because a few less season tickets have been sold.

Just my opinion though!

Buffalo Bill

If i were just to blurt out what i think,my thoughts are that anyone who renews their season ticket is simply condeming the death of Heart of Midlothian.?

I take it you will be forming a picket line at the first home game then, seeing as you feel so strongly?

The rest of your post made no sense to me apart from the bit about Darf Vader.

Buffalo Bill

Guest jambomickey
*sighs*

I renewed.

Read that - a million times if its what it takes to get it in to your head. Season ticket renewal and support of Romanov and his ways do NOT go hand in hand.

ditto mate! i have and always will support the team on the park.

The Old Tolbooth

If i were just to blurt out what i think (which i do on a regular basis),my thoughts are that anyone who renews their season ticket is simply condeming the death of Heart of Midlothian. Im Sure you will get people saying in reply "what else is there to do on Saturday", "ive supported them all my life and Romanov will not stop me" or "im a true supporter you are not" type answer but if you look closely at what has changed over the last few years it is real scarey and severly depressing. Has there ever been a time when you force yourself not to think about the team you supported all your life ? , well i have but with not to much sucess.

Just for your information as im sure ill get about 1000 "Hobo" replies, i have been a hearts supporter all my life, season ticket holder since 8 years old and hardly ever missed a game until they shafted Pressley. After that day (which i considered a point of no return) i havent been back since, which has been mega hard to do for me but my opinion is "EVERY PENNY WE GIVE TO ROMANOV SHOWS THAT WE ARE SUPPORTING HIS ACTIONS!" Romanov has been nothing short of embarrasing since the day he sacked Burley, the guy has destroyed any pride and tradition that this club had (stop i will just keep ranting need to make a point here!)

Getting to the point finally, what i want to know is who is doing the right thing here, the season ticket renewers or the people who have said enough is enough go vlad now ! Or is this a star wars type scenario where Vlad is a young Annakin Syywalker who will destroy everything in sight, makes everyones life a complete misery and then come good in the end ????????

Realistically i think were screwed. If we dont renew and Vlad eventually buggers off then we probably have to start up in the 2nd division and lose tynecastle. If we do renew then vlad will continue to disasemble everything about Hearts and eventually end up in the second division anyway as no player or manager (decent) will come to the club and he will sell the ground for some new meglomaniac play toy! Opinions please, no Hobo replies then again its probably a compliment seeing they are in a much better state than us but that wouldnt be hard would it!

What a complete crock o pish, and I haven't renewed!

(I'm just wondering how many times we need to cover the same ground too ffs!)

We_are_the_Hearts
*sighs*

I renewed.

You know that.............but does Vlad? He is a nutter, he will see renewals as backing. I understand both sides of the coin on this but IMO the ST renewal was our big chance. Merchandise protests WON'T work. People will always buy strips, especially for the kids. Same goes for the munchies and programmes at the game.

kannymann1
What a complete crock o pish, and I haven't renewed!

(I'm just wondering how many times we need to cover the same ground too ffs!)

Heh Heh! Bang on young Mitchell!

Hearts will NEVER go bust,

We will NEVER lose our pride

We will NEVER lose our traditions

Fans will not stop supporting the team irrespective of what happens in the boardroom.

All those who haven't renewed are lightweights: and this is from a dye in the wool Jambo at my work.

This could be my last post!!

Rabbie_Burns

blah blah blah... the guy has destroyed any pride and tradition that this club had (stop i will just keep ranting need to make a point here!)

cabbage cabbage cabbage... no Hobo replies then again its probably a compliment seeing they are in a much better state than us but that wouldnt be hard would it!

:cool_shades:

peebles jambo
*sighs*

I renewed.

the very same goes for me :sad:

You don't need a tin hat, you need a snorkel so you don't drown in the effluent you are spouting.

To renew you needed to be a ST holder in the first place. Most people will renew, if people choose not to that is their prerogative. But if your magnificent scenario came to pass then surely that would kill the club stone dead? But we're the bad ones for renewing? Spare me your sanctimonious bilge.

Chad Sexington

Tedious, tedious, tedious.

Reading posts like yours makes me want to gnaw off my extremities.

Seriously. That would be more fun than reading the manure that you just wrote.

gorgie rd eh11

You were outed as a well shafted, bitter hibby a long time ago. 02/04/06. Now jog on:dribble:

Lt Chard VC
*sighs*

I renewed.

Agree 100%

I'm not quite sure why such a big thing is being made of season ticket renewals. Without a media-covered, organised campaign, asking punters to consider not renewing to support the removal of VR or whatever aims it had, the majority of ST holders were always going to renew IMO.

ClassyLevein always makes an appearance during times of strife.

Why is this? When managers get sacked, you are here. When there is a whiff of protest, you are poo-stirring and when questioned over your motives you claim we are all deluded with our head in the sand.

Sure sign that you are the enemy and need a good kic........:cool:

Chad Sexington
ClassyLevein always makes an appearance during times of strife.

Why is this? When managers get sacked, you are here. When there is a whiff of protest, you are poo-stirring and when questioned over your motives you claim we are all deluded with our head in the sand.

Sure sign that you are the enemy and need a good kic........:cool:

Correct.

I appreciate there is a fair amount of undercover hobo paranoia at the moment.

But CL is stone wall Lochend tramp material IMO.

Buffalo Bill
Correct.

I appreciate there is a fair amount of undercover hobo paranoia at the moment.

But CL is stone wall Lochend tramp material IMO.

Perhaps we should remind ourselves of classy Craig Levein's record in derby games, and how he used to stroll up and down past the likes of Gareth Evans and Mikey Weir.

Buffalo Bill

Perhaps we should remind ourselves of classy Craig Levein's record in derby games, and how he used to stroll up and down past the likes of Gareth Evans and Mikey Weir.

Buffalo Bill

Sneddon.....:eek:

portobellojambo1
*sighs*

I renewed.

Agree totally.

Heart of Midlothian Football Club and Vladimir Romanov are two completely separate entities, in my eyes. I find it perfectly easy to support one and detest the other, and the feckin one I detest will not stop me watching the one I support.

Jambos1983
*sighs*

I renewed.

Of course it does, what do you think romanov thinks when he see most people will renew regardless of what he does, why the hell would he change??

I really hope next season at least some of those who have renewed will at least hold off until this idiot running our club changes his ways.

Of course it does, what do you think romanov thinks when he see most people will renew regardless of what he does, why the hell would he change??

I really hope next season at least some of those who have renewed will at least hold off until this idiot running our club changes his ways.

You really dont get it do you....

Only one person decideds whether I support Romanov or not.

That person is ME. i.e - not you.

If i'm telling you I dont support him, then i'm sorry to say it, but thats simply what it means - I DONT SUPPORT HIM.

That wont change, regardless of whether he has ?400 up front from me, or 17 x walk up prices from me throughout the next year.

We_are_the_Hearts
You really dont get it do you....

Only one person decideds whether I support Romanov or not.

That person is ME. i.e - not you.

If i'm telling you I dont support him, then i'm sorry to say it, but thats simply what it means - I DONT SUPPORT HIM.

That wont change, regardless of whether he has ?400 up front from me, or 17 x walk up prices from me throughout the next year.

How do you plan to let Romanov know that you don't support him then?

I would doubt you are one of these spineless people who let folk walk over them all their life?

How do you plan to let Romanov know that you don't support him then?

I would doubt you are one of these spineless people who let folk walk over them all their life?

Oooh personal abuse. Nice.

What will you do to show Romanov that you DO not support him? And dont say "not-renew" as that proves nothing.

To me that could just as easily suggest that you do not support Hearts. Prove to me that you do.

We_are_the_Hearts
Oooh personal abuse. Nice.

What will you do to show Romanov that you DO not support him? And dont say "not-renew" as that proves nothing.

To me that could just as easily suggest that you do not support Hearts. Prove to me that you do.

Personal abuse....................read the ******* post. I said you are not.

As for the bit in bold? I am not renewing because I don't support Hearts? Eh?

Not renewing is my stance, and IMO was our best chance.

I have supported Hearts for 26 years, through thick and thin. This is by far the most FRUSTRATING period ever. I am not buying a ST but will still support the team. If Vlad doesn't change his ways then I will pick and choose my games until my son is old enough to go to games.

Personal abuse....................read the ******* post. I said you are not.

As for the bit in bold? I am not renewing because I don't support Hearts? Eh?

Not renewing is my stance, and IMO was our best chance.

I have supported Hearts for 26 years, through thick and thin. This is by far the most FRUSTRATING period ever. I am not buying a ST but will still support the team. If Vlad doesn't change his ways then I will pick and choose my games until my son is old enough to go to games.

Apologies on the first part, misread on my part there.

As for the second, my point is that not renewing proves absolutely nothing at all.

You know that.............but does Vlad? He is a nutter, he will see renewals as backing. I understand both sides of the coin on this but IMO the ST renewal was our big chance. Merchandise protests WON'T work. People will always buy strips, especially for the kids. Same goes for the munchies and programmes at the game.

Vlad's not niaive enough to believe that 9000 folk out there support his every move, although I appreciate that there are plenty of Hearts fans niaive enough to see it that way. Having a season ticket makes you a confirmed 'customer' of Hearts. It adds weight to any protests you may make. Its too easy to get a petition signed with 10,000 random names and this would be totally ignored. If you, however, get a petition signed by 9,000 ST holders - the life blood of the team who support them through thick and thin - confirming that they will not spend any further money on Hearts merchandise until 'x' happens, your argument is immediately given credibility and the powers that be are forced to pay that wee bit more attention to the noise you're making.

It really is incredible niaivity (nowt to do with the birth of the baby jesus by the way) if anyone genuinely believes that the current situation or 'what happens next' has got anything to do with the number of folk that bought season tickets.

Vlad's not niaive enough to believe that 9000 folk out there support his every move, although I appreciate that there are plenty of Hearts fans niaive enough to see it that way. Having a season ticket makes you a confirmed 'customer' of Hearts. It adds weight to any protests you may make. Its too easy to get a petition signed with 10,000 random names and this would be totally ignored. If you, however, get a petition signed by 9,000 ST holders - the life blood of the team who support them through thick and thin - confirming that they will not spend any further money on Hearts merchandise until 'x' happens, your argument is immediately given credibility and the powers that be are forced to pay that wee bit more attention to the noise you're making.

It really is incredible niaivity (nowt to do with the birth of the baby jesus by the way) if anyone genuinely believes that the current situation or 'what happens next' has got anything to do with the number of folk that bought season tickets.

Well said mate, I wholeheartedly agree.

We_are_the_Hearts

So going by your argument, 13,500 "confirmed customers" not renewing STs wouldn't carry any weight? But buying STs and not buying merchandise will?

You are entitled to your opinion but can't agree. Kids will always want merchandise, they could still go to the games without a ST so that was the option where we didn't lose out but he did. You DON'T need a ST to see a Hearts game. The uncertainty of really low renewals may have forced his hand.

Blah blah blah

Posts like this always just strike me as people trying to justify themselves by condemning everyone else.

I understand the reasons for the non-renewal and can respect the choices of those who chose not to renew. To try and put yourself forward as some kind of superhero whose actions are saving the club, though, is laughable.

Not renewing is unlikely at best to make any difference.

Posts like this always just strike me as people trying to justify themselves by condemning everyone else.

I understand the reasons for the non-renewal and can respect the choices of those who chose not to renew. To try and put yourself forward as some kind of superhero whose actions are saving the club, though, is laughable.

Not renewing is unlikely at best to make any difference.

if no one renewed it would make a difference. Not a don't renew post - just stating a fact.

FORTHCLYDE

I read and agreed with classylevein's post however as he suspected people have slagged him off. I have been a supporter for 40 years and season ticket holder for 15 I have not renewed as I feel a stand has to be made. After the Riccarton Three episode I posted the famous Martin Miemoller quote,

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I felt the Riccarton Three spoke out and very few people backed them and since then as you know everything is out of control.

Shaun Lawson is another I agree with but even he gets slagged.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Excuse my flipancy but a season ticket in this current ludicrous world of ours has to be better than an afternoon at the Gyle or up Princes Street. Thats what its come to for me. Whilst my reasons may not be politically motivated, Romanov's actions have made me view football as "just a game" whereas before I took it very very seriously. I'm not saying my attitude is right but it is my attitude and a certain amount of levity on my part is the only thing stopping me walking away from the sport and the club I love.

scott herbertson
if no one renewed it would make a difference. Not a don't renew post - just stating a fact.

I am sure it would

there are three reasons why Romanov mught be flogging all our players

1. He has seen the light and is clearing out all the players so the new manager has a big budget to spend and a chance to form his own team HEL - Herbertson's Estimate of Likelihood = 1%

2. He is trying to realise as much of the assets before he puts the club into liquidation . More likely but search for a new manager suggests unlikely still HEL = 5%

3. He is reducing our running costs so we reduce the debt as he promised to do last year HEL = 94% a corrolary is that this may be associated witht he stadium development ie we are in for two lean years HEL = 50%)

In the light of these scenarios non-renewal of season tickets will have the following impact

1. New manager will have smaller budget for players

2. No impact - other than likely will speed up asset disposal

3. Further player sales to reduce losses

I think non-renewal of season tickets right up to the deadline was a good way of getting the message across, and if I was in a position to have a season ticket I would quite possibly be holdign back from renewing like others until a manager is appointed.

i don't think though that further holding back of financial input is likely to have any positive affect on Romanoov's intentions

I renewed early to get the cheaper price, as I wrongly believed at the time that Mark McGhee was going to be manager and things were looking up.

Like many have said on here, never believe anyone is coming till you see them with the scarf above their head

classylevein
I renewed early to get the cheaper price, as I wrongly believed at the time that Mark McGhee was going to be manager and things were looking up.

Like many have said on here, never believe anyone is coming till you see them with the scarf above their head

doesnt matter if hes does have a scarf above his head he will still be a ROMABOT! And most of these thread replys are robotic responses from supporters too.

Agree totally.

Heart of Midlothian Football Club and Vladimir Romanov are two completely separate entities, in my eyes. I find it perfectly easy to support one and detest the other, and the feckin one I detest will not stop me watching the one I support.

With you completely on this one, PJ

doesnt matter if hes does have a scarf above his head he will still be a ROMABOT! And most of these thread replys are robotic responses from supporters too.

Classylevein or sevenilclasy :hobofish:

Everybody loves Baz

You are a trumpet!

Agree totally.

My sentiments exactly PJ1, it is not Vladimir Romanov I support but Heart of Midlothian Football Club, have done for the past 42 years, wont stop now!

I would renew if I anticipated a relegation battle, but was sure that everyone and everything at the club was geared towards us doing the best we possibly can on the pitch.

I haven't renewed simply because that isn't the case, and every day I get ever more convinced that it won't be. Watching the guff last season was incredibly frustrating, we just shoot ourselves in the foot at every turn and I don't enjoy watching it knowing that the whole club could essentially be trying harder.

We seem to have split into three factions:-

1. This group, which includes myself and my sons, have renewed their season tickets. (In our case this is not an indication of support for Vlad).

2. Group 2 have, as a protest against Vlad, not renewed but probably intend to pay at the gate, when possible.

3. The final group have decided never to return to Tynecastle.

Groups 1 and 2 can call themselves supporters of Heart of Midlothian, F.C.

Group 3 cannot!

The OP is in Group 3.

MacDonald Jardine
We seem to have split into three factions:-

1. This group, which includes myself and my sons, have renewed their season tickets. (In our case this is not an indication of support for Vlad).

2. Group 2 have, as a protest against Vlad, not renewed but probably intend to pay at the gate, when possible.

3. The final group have decided never to return to Tynecastle.

Groups 1 and 2 can call themselves supporters of Heart of Midlothian, F.C.

Group 3 cannot!

The OP is in Group 3.

Maybe but a lot of those in group 3 are having a great time passing themselves off as being in group 2 and the real supporters.

Group 2 is in reality quite small IMO.

Archived