Diggers in trouble : crowdfunding

Sirudi

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Why did they get rid of the maroon frontage and replace it with sort of fawny brown colour?  

Unfortunately Heineken decided Black and Gold was the colour scheme they prefer. It was done in February and we passed on the many complaints we received. 
Hopefully I will get to do this again in the future.

94CE4695-7E1E-413C-8838-75756A4C7CF4.jpeg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• spirt of 98

• been here before

• Walter Payton

been here before
22 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

That’s because that is none of your business! 

I am not on a football forum begging! 

Nah you're just on whinging like a spirted dick arent you?

Thought so.

On 09/04/2020 at 16:22, Pasquale for King said:

Yes but I don’t think any business keeps the money separate or even knows how much the bill is until you get it, it’s also a one off payment. As I said I think the point was that the bank account wasn’t as healthy at that time with no income to pay wages, rent and bills for all that lovely beer that’s been thrown down the drain 😢🤮. We were giving away free pints all night on the Friday we had to close, it was brilliant and the customers were really generous and gave us two rounds of applause. 

You're making it sound like not a very well "run well led business" TBH...A well run business accrues its VAT liability every month until paid so should always know what that liability is and not consider that amount of money in the bank "theirs". Whether the bill is just paid or outstanding is moot as the money is HMRCs. Likewise giving away beer for free, whilst it would go down well with the punters can only be regarded as a big PR spend at  exactly the wrong time, especially since the leaseholder is now asking that evening's take plus more back! Unsold stock might have been renegotiated with the supplier as it is not in Heineken's interest to let their leasehold pubs go bust...

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

You're making it sound like not a very well "run well led business" TBH...A well run business accrues its VAT liability every month until paid so should always know what that liability is and not consider that amount of money in the bank "theirs". Whether the bill is just paid or outstanding is moot as the money is HMRCs. Likewise giving away beer for free, whilst it would go down well with the punters can only be regarded as a big PR spend at  exactly the wrong time, especially since the leaseholder is now asking that evening's take plus more back! Unsold stock might have been renegotiated with the supplier as it is not in Heineken's interest to let their leasehold pubs go bust...

I did say it wasn’t my strongpoint, I was just trying answer a post, we may well do as you say re the VAT.

Kev pointed out we had enough in reserve and three months money as has been said.

As for giving away the beer any cask or keg that has been opened can’t be returned, my boss made the decision to give it away and I enjoyed doing it.

Im sure Heineken would have a queue if people willing to take the Diggers lease if it became available, possibly on ever better terms profits wise for themselves.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Unfortunately Heineken decided Black and Gold was the colour scheme they prefer. It was done in February and we passed on the many complaints we received. 
Hopefully I will get to do this again in the future.

94CE4695-7E1E-413C-8838-75756A4C7CF4.jpeg

Booo Heineken!  Could have been worse right enough as are their corporate colours not mainly green?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Booo Heineken!  Could have been worse right enough as are their corporate colours not mainly green?

Yeah, the smart dispense system in the cellar is like a series of Doctor Octopus arms but in green 🤢🤮.

spirt of 98
3 hours ago, been here before said:

Nah you're just on whinging like a spirted dick arent you?

Thought so.

Hahahahaha what a rocket! 

15 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I did say it wasn’t my strongpoint, I was just trying answer a post, we may well do as you say re the VAT.

Kev pointed out we had enough in reserve and three months money as has been said.

As for giving away the beer any cask or keg that has been opened can’t be returned, my boss made the decision to give it away and I enjoyed doing it.

Im sure Heineken would have a queue if people willing to take the Diggers lease if it became available, possibly on ever better terms profits wise for themselves.

To be honest it sounds like he was wanting others to cover as much of his costs as possible and is now backtracking. VAT money isn’t his to spend anyway so excuse me if I don’t cup his balls for paying a vat bill that was due weeks before lockdown, he’s made his profit from that bill period. He should have sold what he could have then negotiate with the brewer regarding stock, even opened. If it’s a well run profitable pub it isn’t in the brewers interests not to. 3 months bills cash reserve set aside ? What crayons did he use to work that out but didn’t include wages ? 

I wonder if he ever got to one of those home remortgage appointments ? 🙄

Anyway if locals wish to help then good on them but save us the sob story. 

• davemclaren locked this topic