Alternative methods of protest

CMc

Which of these methods would you consider?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which of these methods would you consider?

• Boycott all games
    • Boycott specific games
    • Go to games and protest (signs/chants etc)
    • Boycott club products (strips, pies, programmes etc)
    • Go to games dressed in black etc
    • Go to games but don't celebrate goals etc
    • Media campaign (letters etc)
    • Public protest somewhere other than Tynecastle
    • Other (please post)

I read the thread about not buying the new strip and thought it sounded like a good way to send a message to vlad for those like me who grugingly renewed their season tickets.

What are people's thoughts on similar methods? Suggestions?

I have come up with a few, sorry if they have been mentioned already, anyone agree with any of them?

tommythejambo

I would honestly consider all of them.

I'm already boycotting all games. But would happily come out of exile for another protest.

jambovambo

As I said elsewhere earlier, my "other" is to go to, say, Edinburgh City / Spartans games and be in large vociferous numbers, chanting about where VR can place his regime.

Chad Sexington

Some hilarious suggestions there.

Go to games dressed in black? That's a good one. Like a mighty 15000 strong army of angry goths?

Not celebrating any goals is a good one too. Why bother feckin going if you don't even allow yourself a wee cheer when Hearts score. Pointless.

I voted other.

I'm going to the games but I'm going to scowl angrily at the directors box from time to time.

:mad:

My vote goes to other. I think that everyone who posts boring, repetitive threads about protests should go on a sponsored don't-post-athon. That'll teach 'em.

Some hilarious suggestions there.

Go to games dressed in black? That's a good one. Like a mighty 15000 strong army of angry goths?

Not celebrating any goals is a good one too. Why bother feckin going if you don't even allow yourself a wee cheer when Hearts score. Pointless.

I voted other.

I'm going to the games but I'm going to scowl angrily at the directors box from time to time.

:mad:

I aim to please. Glad to add a little sunshine to your day Chad.

The all black idea seemed like the opposite of all turning up with Ukio Bankas stamped accross our chests like battery chickens, branded by Romanov. Thought it was a colour that is not associated with any of the other teams in the league. I also thought that the mourning for the state of the club idea, although hammy, micht be good for the cameras.

The not cheering goals tactic has been used by the Ultras in Italy as a form of protest and has gained enough worldwide press for the likes of me to hear about it. I do not advocate dropping a scooter from the top tier on fans who don't stick to it like the Lazio fans did, but it gets attention (the not celebrating of course), especially if you tell the press in advance. (the not celebrating of course)

I do not advocate dropping a scooter from the top tier on fans who don't stick to it like the Lazio fans did...

Think you mean Inter.

Think you mean Inter.

Makween, clean out your PMs - your inbox is full. I have some very interesting news to tell you about Jhudas Presslhey.

Guest JamboRobbo
My vote goes to other. I think that everyone who posts boring, repetitive threads about protests should go on a sponsored don't-post-athon. That'll teach 'em.

Or you could just repeatedly post about Pressley. Oh wait, you already did.

itsnomarooned
Makween, clean out your PMs - your inbox is full. I have some very interesting news to tell you about Jhudas Presslhey.

Can you tell us too please?

Done.

I hope he hasn't been in the Gyle again, thought I'd seen him off last time. :mad:

A mate of mine already goes to the games dressed in black , not sure what he is protesting about, but he's been doing it for years.

How about making a model Miko, and setting it alight then throwing it on the pitch?

"Miko's on fire". Heard that before.

Archived