Planning for a "Behind Closed Doors" end to season ?..

Midloth_Iain

2 hours ago, qferryjam said:

Tbf our defence has been practicing this for 18 months 

:lol:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luckydug

• Hungry hippo

• frankblack

• Pasquale for King

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

can we recall berra for it?

Nominate one player from each team. May have to save a few as well. 

slashishere
3 hours ago, Blackshades said:

gettng a football season finished is the bottom of I couldn't give a shit list .my only real concern is to get my family and friends  through this crap safely

Well said 👏🏻

merseyjambo

Absolutely no chance of that. Police and government will block it.

You’d have to play the games on the moon because you’d end up with a similar situation to PSG where the fans turned up outside the ground.

Lock down or no lock down how many daft OF fans would turn up outside ground for an OF game or how many Liverpool fans would turn up outside to cheer them on to title.

Police and emergency services are dealing with so much at moment that there would be zero chance they could be at grounds to ensure no one turns up etc

Its not the point of playing behind closed doors that is the problem.

How do you get players match fit for such circumstances.

How do you know what players you will have due to contracts because you wont be renewing some and you cant offer wages to a new signing when you have players just now taking a pay cut.

Fine if you are mid table and nothing to play for but if you are in our position or chasing a top spot it will just be a lottery.

I wonder if the league would be keen to finish it if Aberdeen or Motherwell were top of the table and one of the OF in our position as unlikely as it would be.

queensferryjambo
17 hours ago, Nicholas Brody said:

What are they not getting? 

TV money?

Isn't that all UEFA care about. Sod the players and fans just give them their cash.

I am sure the English FA will take the commons sense approach but then again they have tons of cash and a product that generates tones of cash.

I am sure the SFA / SPFL will not take the correct decision - I feel the Government will have to step in to stop games being played behind closed doors in Scotland for the players safety, 

So the rest of us are to try to stay 2m apart but 22 plus folk can run about and tackle each other for 90 mins? Nah

Hungry hippo
37 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

So the rest of us are to try to stay 2m apart but 22 plus folk can run about and tackle each other for 90 mins? Nah

For now but eventually the guidance will be relaxed.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Social distancing will mean a game of long bangy to decide it's official. 

Never say never. 

x54dwYNpywiDmNosPdy2pW-320-80.jpg

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Won't effect our zonal marking at corners. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

TV money?

Isn't that all UEFA care about. Sod the players and fans just give them their cash.

I am sure the English FA will take the commons sense approach but then again they have tons of cash and a product that generates tones of cash.

I am sure the SFA / SPFL will not take the correct decision - I feel the Government will have to step in to stop games being played behind closed doors in Scotland for the players safety, 

Someone mentioned that the EPL have to pay back £762m to the TV companies if the season isn’t finished, let’s wait and see ho much common sense they have.

Revive The Temnants 6's format to decide the relegation issue, have it done and dusted over a weekend. Played at secret venues a cross the country, to avoid that which was mentioned before, people turning up to congregate outside. Teams to be made up of seniors or 'legends' all participating players coaches, officials and ball boys or girls, must be over 60 years of age. In the worse case scenario a sacrifice may need to be made. 

And for the greater good.

21 hours ago, busby1985 said:

The footballing world is making a total tit of themselves during this full thing. Coming across as the heartless and money focused dictators they are. 

Trying to use the NHS as some kind of political football (no pun intended) because of the amount money that football contributes in tax over a 12 month period, and the implication of less tax paid through pay reductions would mean less money going to the NHS.

What a bunch of selfish ********.
They still haven’t agreed any pay cut yet. Shameful.

3 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

For now but eventually the guidance will be relaxed.

Tell us when the vaccine is coming please. World needs to know..........

maroonsgotop
9 minutes ago, gedster said:

Tell us when the vaccine is coming please. World needs to know..........

yup, some people not grasping this for some unknown reason. No chance of football being played in front of crowds until a vaccine starts otherwise we will go round in circles again and again and.........................(unless of course people have a death).

Very little chance of a vaccine being in wide production in 2020 and being talked about 18 months down the line.

No doubt big business people (from their desert Islands) will be pushing to get people back to work asap to protect their cash

2 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

yup, some people not grasping this for some unknown reason. No chance of football being played in front of crowds until a vaccine starts otherwise we will go round in circles again and again and.........................(unless of course people have a death).

Very little chance of a vaccine being in wide production in 2020 and being talked about 18 months down the line.

No doubt big business people (from their desert Islands) will be pushing to get people back to work asap to protect their cash

Maybe this is for The Shed but there are a high number of challenged people  out there that don't realise we are in a national emergency situation. Sport, concerts, public gatherings are the last things to worry about currently. When I can walk my dog AND go for a run everyday then the tide has turned........mass public gatherings will be way, way, way after that.

31 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

There is also the suggestion that there could be two separate strains of Covid-19 now as well. I’m not an epidemiologist, but I would imagine that could complicate things a lot.

Putting football before lives is an insult, especially to those who have been risking theirs to save them.

NHS workers deserve every plaudit, football & a great many players deserve the criticism aimed at them.

Hungry hippo
1 hour ago, maroonsgotop said:

I am married to a scientist so I'm not at all naive when it comes to this. I think it is most likely that closed doors games will come first because of the issues of mass crowds.

As I mentioned this will not be soon but I see this as the eventual next stage.

22 hours ago, Cruyff said:

This is Capitalism. Football made a deal with the devil and now he wants his souls. :laugh2:

The TV Companies are losing money hand over fist, no ads, no viewers = no money. They will see this as absolute prime time coverage. Everyone's in their house and the only way we can watch fitbaw is on the telly. :laugh2:

The EPL folding would be fecking :glorious:

think I’d wet myself. Would be beautiful 

I think if most clubs are paying or trying to get players on deferrals it must mean they expect games to get played.  Sometime before September at the most.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

I am married to a scientist so I'm not at all naive when it comes to this. I think it is most likely that closed doors games will come first because of the issues of mass crowds.

As I mentioned this will not be soon but I see this as the eventual next stage.

And what about the problems of mass crowds potentially gathering outside the stadium like we saw at the PSG Champions League game?

Hungry hippo
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

And what about the problems of mass crowds potentially gathering outside the stadium like we saw at the PSG Champions League game?

There would need to be very strong guidance from police and the government that going near the stadiums in groups would not be tolerated.

I think this is very possible months down the line. If it is possible to reduce the numbers going down the streets as we have seen and get people queuing for supermarkets etc then this is also achievable. The Champs League game issues were because of a combination of far lower public understanding at the time and the authorities not being adequately prepared.

This would only happen at a time when government would be prepared to allow higher numbers to congregate which as I've said would be a lot further down the line. I think this makes a lot more sense than suddenly going straight back to mass crowds whenever football resumes.

The White Cockade

not going to happen

seems very unlikely that next season will start on time whatever happens with this season

could be closer to Christmas than July/August

the season will be called as it is

we will be relegated

we may not like it but that is my best bet as to what will happen

bean counter

Having calmed down a bit after this was first suggested I now believe it will not happen

For the players to be able to travel to work the government would have to decide a football player was a critical worker. Can't see that happening

In England the referree's have to travel to and from games together. Can't see how they get that round social distancing

Do all the visiting still arrive in one team bus. Again social distancing

1 hour ago, The White Cockade said:

not going to happen

seems very unlikely that next season will start on time whatever happens with this season

could be closer to Christmas than July/August

the season will be called as it is

we will be relegated

we may not like it but that is my best bet as to what will happen

At least with relegation clauses in contracts we will be shot of these wasters. 

I hope we can keep Daniel I would like to see him start with a clean slate. 

However back on topic. 

I agree football is way down the list of priorities. 

The government will need to be 100% sure that this virus is no longer a threat. 

A long time to go yet. 

Boyces beard

If they apply social distancing on the park we might stay up. But on a serious note its clearly just all about money. Even behind closed doors it would require staff and players from both clubs as well as match officials. You would also require an ambulance and police presence at every game. I cant see it happening to be honest.

Derek Rae has put out some tweets that a top German virologist is saying behind closed doors would be possible however, all

Players

Staff

Officials

would need to be tested regularly and in permanent lock down.

No fans this year.

So all these folks would be away from their families for a minimum of 7 months. 

What happens if you get one positive test?

Our own CMO couldn't even stay in Edinburgh.

Jambo 4 Ever
4 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

More pressing things to worry about. Relegation is secondary to just surviving this virus. 

This

i don’t care if we get relegated- we have been so rubbish anyway - we probably deserve it 

queensferryjambo
17 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Someone mentioned that the EPL have to pay back £762m to the TV companies if the season isn’t finished, let’s wait and see ho much common sense they have.

That is a mega amount of cash. I never knew that - if I was in their shoes I think common sense will go out the window.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

That is a mega amount of cash. I never knew that - if I was in their shoes I think common sense will go out the window.

Somebody mentioned it the other day so I looked it up and it’s in the press from two weeks ago. It’s scary amounts of money really.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jambo3tevie said:

If they apply social distancing on the park we might stay up. But on a serious note its clearly just all about money. Even behind closed doors it would require staff and players from both clubs as well as match officials. You would also require an ambulance and police presence at every game. I cant see it happening to be honest.

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Derek Rae has put out some tweets that a top German virologist is saying behind closed doors would be possible however, all

Players

Staff

Officials

would need to be tested regularly and in permanent lock down.

No fans this year.

So all these folks would be away from their families for a minimum of 7 months. 

What happens if you get one positive test?

Our own CMO couldn't even stay in Edinburgh.

Both good posts, can see the Germans having the discipline for it but not uk players, they struggle with a few weeks away at tournaments or a weeks training in the sun for example.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
On 04/04/2020 at 09:24, Rods said:

I don’t see the issue with playing behind closed doors.

Test on all participants etc it could work.

I think seeing some games on the TV would boost a lot of people’s morale.

Not ours if we keep getting pumped and end up relegated. 😄

Guest ToqueJambo

I hope they try the closed doors thing. Maybe the TV companies, clubs and leagues will finally then acknowledge that without fans at games, football is nothing.

56 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I hope they try the closed doors thing. Maybe the TV companies, clubs and leagues will finally then acknowledge that without fans at games, football is nothing.

They won't get insurance for the players and officials as they wouldn't be able to meet social distancing rules.

There is also an assumption that if we have closed door games they would all be on TV.  Lets not kid ourselves - it would be Celtic and/or Rangers vs either themselves or anyone else only.  Sky have zero interest in the other clubs but BT show the odd derby.

Closed door games with no TV money and no gate income would cost clubs a lot of money they can't afford.

Edited by frankblack

8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

They won't get insurance for the players and officials as they wouldn't be able to meet social distancing rules.

There is also an assumption that if we have closed door games they would all be on TV.  Lets not kid ourselves - it would be Celtic and/or Rangers vs either themselves or anyone else only.  Sky have zero interest in the other clubs but BT show the odd derby.

Closed door games with no TV money and no gate income would cost clubs a lot of money they can't afford.

Amazon might be interested though.

I wonder if the 3pm TV rule means a new bidding round for those times/games that weren't going to be shown on Sky/TV.

Edited by kila

Read  a story suggesting that even when grounds reopen to the public Social distancing may still be enforced for a while. 

Fans would have to be kept four seats apart. 

Celtic Park would only have a 15k capacity, Ibrox and the rest proportionately less. 

The smaller clubs would have less problems. Hamilton would be allowed 1500 which is a quarter of their 6k capacity. 

Fun and games for those clubs who have already started to sell St's. 😏

17 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Read  a story suggesting that even when grounds reopen to the public Social distancing may still be enforced for a while. 

Fans would have to be kept four seats apart. 

Celtic Park would only have a 15k capacity, Ibrox and the rest proportionately less. 

The smaller clubs would have less problems. Hamilton would be allowed 1500 which is a quarter of their 6k capacity. 

Fun and games for those clubs who have already started to sell St's. 😏

I posted elsewhere that this sounds like nonsense as people have to pass each other in the rows to get to their seats, then you have the stairs, the concourse, turnstyles, exits, never mind the toilets.

It just isn't compatible with social distancing, and a crowd of 1500 is still a mass gathering.

Edited by frankblack

Just now, frankblack said:

I posted elsewhere that this sounds like nonsense as people have to pass each other in the rows to get to their seats, then you have the stairs, the concourse, turnstyles, exits.

It just isn't compatible with social distancing, and a crowd of 1500 is still a mass gathering.

It does actually. 

It was just something I found on Google. 

Just now, luckydug said:

It does actually. 

It was just something I found on Google. 

We will have to disagree as it looks like a nonsensensical proposal.

Guest ToqueJambo
55 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Yes, I think it's a non-starter. It's fine for the odd game, but I watched a couple of closed door matches and it was crap. Like watching a training match. People will watch if it happens out of desperation to see some football. No-one will genuinely enjoy watching it though.

Point is maybe the powers that be will look after fans a bit more when everyone sees what fans bring to games in terms of the experience and spectacle, rather than bow down to TV companies all the time.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

We will have to disagree as it looks like a nonsensensical proposal.

Sorry I meant I agreed with you 👍

It was just an article I came across through boredom. 

23 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Sorry I meant I agreed with you 👍

It was just an article I came across through boredom. 

No worries.

Being honest if would seem the most logical way to get football started again . 

It looks unlikely we would see a return to normality until a vaccine is found unless things change direction quite drastically. 

Its going to be a real conundrum getting games played again this year . Suppose things can change quickly but it's looking unlikely as it stands imo