Steve Fulton

pointon

Spoke to Billy Brown a few months ago, he was saying that he genuinely felt that Fulton had the talent to make it in Spain/Italy. 

It’s a shame that he’s lost to football now -he had incredible left foot. 
Think he works in the building trade now. 

I absolutely loved Fulton in a Hearts jersey. 

The Real Maroonblood
9 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

It’s not hard to be fair, Lockie wouldn’t give him a sniff of the trophy.  

I thought that bit was a bit cringeworthy.

gashauskis9
24 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I thought that bit was a bit cringeworthy.

Yep.  I love Lockie, but I thought he acted like a prick that day.  Had no right to be on the pitch for the formal presentation.  

9 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Yep.  I love Lockie, but I thought he acted like a prick that day.  Had no right to be on the pitch for the formal presentation.  

Was it not fulton who insisted that he came on the pitch to lift the trophy in the first place 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, hthejambo said:

Was it not fulton who insisted that he came on the pitch to lift the trophy in the first place 

You might be right.

JimCornette

Just pure and utter class and footballing intelligence. True number 8 play maker. God. Even his rocky first spell he always had the balls to show and take responsibility, no like these pussies we currently have who chicken out and hide.

Cameron

Fulton 

Salvatori

What a perfect central blend of muscle, class, energy and goals.

Edited by JimCornette

Unknown user
On 03/04/2020 at 13:57, East Lothian Jambo said:

He most certainly is 

97/98 season was his best. Great down the left hand side with Naysmith and McCann 

Cameron used to get on his bike and know Fulton would find him 

What a team that was, and when you think about the ones mentioned;

Fulton - signed from Falkirk

Mickey - signed from Raith

McCann - signed from Dundee 

Naysmith - from our youth team

18 hours ago, hthejambo said:

Locke in Si Ferry interview: "They had said to us, you're lifting the cup.  You're our club captain.  You're the one that's led us all season.  You're the one that's lifting the cup.  I didn't want it to be like that because Fulton was the captain that day".

Time for that myth to be put to bed.  It's clear that the players wanted Locke to lift the cup and it wasn't him storming in and taking the glory.  Unfair that he gets criticised for it.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Stanley_ said:

Locke in Si Ferry interview: "They had said to us, you're lifting the cup.  You're our club captain.  You're the one that's led us all season.  You're the one that's lifting the cup.  I didn't want it to be like that because Fulton was the captain that day".

Time for that myth to be put to bed.  It's clear that the players wanted Locke to lift the cup and it wasn't him storming in and taking the glory.  Unfair that he gets criticised for it.

Fair enough but it still looks cringeworthy. 

19 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Fair enough but it still looks cringeworthy. 

Gary'John Terry'Locke :D

A friend of mine said Stevie Fulton was class on and off the park when he was at Killie. He gave him money so he wouldn't grass him for smoking. :D Might be bollox.

Edited by ri Alban

I love all these threads reminiscing about all our great players until I start thinking about all the gutless ones we have now!!!

I’ve said this on here before, but we signed Fulton from Falkirk in a swap deal for David Hagen. John Lambie said he’d bet his house Falkirk got the better deal.

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, Doc Rob said:

I’ve said this on here before, but we signed Fulton from Falkirk in a swap deal for David Hagen. John Lambie said he’d bet his house Falkirk got the better deal.

One of the best swap-deals ever (and not just Hearts' ones) then, as Hagen was very ordinary indeed.