contalmaison

storrierlol94

storrierlol94

I am just back from my yearly trip to the Somme, last year my visit to the contalmaison I had a few negative thought as was well highlighted on this form.

Today I have the pleasure to report one of the best services I attended on the 1st of July.

I did attend 4 in all.

If you get to read this jack Alexander, can I thank you for the work you put in for this service, and hope in the years to come I enjoy the trip as much as this one.

If this is what the future has to hold I would have no hesitation in recommending as many people as I can to make the effort and try to make this humbling but heart felt trip to the contalmaison.

My thanks are not just to jack but to all on the trust committee for an excellent service.

And to the gentleman who took the time to explain just what happened on that fateful day.

I would also like to thank the willy bauld trust on the new bench at the monument it was very well received especially to the elderly well done.

:)

Rabbie_Burns
Excellent. I intend to visit as soon as I can.

Likewise, travelling on Manchester Hearts bus to the Somme & Ypres in three weeks time, looking forward to visiting the Contalmaison cairn and the surrounding area

kannymann1
I am just back from my yearly trip to the Somme, last year my visit to the contalmaison I had a few negative thought as was well highlighted on this form.

Today I have the pleasure to report one of the best services I attended on the 1st of July.

I did attend 4 in all.

If you get to read this jack Alexander, can I thank you for the work you put in for this service, and hope in the years to come I enjoy the trip as much as this one.

If this is what the future has to hold I would have no hesitation in recommending as many people as I can to make the effort and try to make this humbling but heart felt trip to the contalmaison.

My thanks are not just to jack but to all on the trust committee for an excellent service.

And to the gentleman who took the time to explain just what happened on that fateful day.

I would also like to thank the willy bauld trust on the new bench at the monument it was very well received especially to the elderly well done.

:)

Hear Hear Sir! Thank you for your wee report and for giving your time for a more than worthwhile cause. I hope to attend someday: I'm sure I will. I've heard so much about this from many people: surely an experience we should all want to be a part of, for a myriad of reasons.

jambo walesy

Was on a battlefields trip with the school last week and i can honestly say it is one of the most incredible things i have ever done.

We never stopped off at contalmaison so i left a cross for the Hearts players just up the road at the Tyneside Scots memorial.

If anyone that hasn't done before gets the chance to do the whole experience then it really is worthwhile.

Also if you want to do the whole tour i recomeend Mercat Tours who are absolutely brilliant.

Archived