Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kingantti1874

Non league cancelled and results expunged

Recommended Posts

kingantti1874

Seems like a top approach 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kidd’s Boots

It feels like the right thing to do, and so much easier to do when pesky tv deals and sponsorship contracts aren't getting in the way!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
2 hours ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

It feels like the right thing to do, and so much easier to do when pesky tv deals and sponsorship contracts aren't getting in the way!!!

Absolutely. 

 

Where the music stops isn't a viable argument for many leagues. 

 

English premier League has had a stack teams in the bottom 3. The Championship lead has bounced back n forth from West Brom to Leeds.

 

Who knows what can could would happen. 

 

But the money and the bust deals are going to be contentious unless the New Seekers get involved 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kidd’s Boots
39 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Absolutely. 

 

Where the music stops isn't a viable argument for many leagues. 

 

English premier League has had a stack teams in the bottom 3. The Championship lead has bounced back n forth from West Brom to Leeds.

 

Who knows what can could would happen. 

 

But the money and the bust deals are going to be contentious unless the New Seekers get involved 

Trying to teach the FA's to sign is one option, but I think you mean Beg, Steal or Borrow....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A_A wehatethehibs

The Scottish TV deal is hardly worth tuppence anyway so I don’t see why everyone’s so bothered about it. 
 

It’s clear that this season is voided, there’s no decision to be made. Correct sporting integrity approach from English non-league. It is defacto incomplete, it’s void. It goes down in history as no title winner, no relegation. Incomplete season. Season 19-20 champions n/a relegation n/a Simple as. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo66
15 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The Scottish TV deal is hardly worth tuppence anyway so I don’t see why everyone’s so bothered about it. 
 

It’s clear that this season is voided, there’s no decision to be made. Correct sporting integrity approach from English non-league. It is defacto incomplete, it’s void. It goes down in history as no title winner, no relegation. Incomplete season. Season 19-20 champions n/a relegation n/a Simple as. 

100% agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Canada

Expunge our 4 league wins immediately! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo92

What's the big deal with TV wanting games to go ahead, by the time we see football again everyone will be refreshed, energised and on a high. Start new season and get back to normality, dont take us back a year to cram 10.games into a 4 week period so tv can churn out some dead rubbers featuring celtic and liverpool stumble across finish line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saint Jambo

Just to be clear, it is only non-league football below National Leagues North and South, so tier 7 and below in the football pyramid. The statement says that the National League (Premier, North and South) aim to play to a completion. So the highest level of football being cancelled is the level of the three regional leagues, featuring the likes of Bowers & Pitsea, Merstham, Bamber Bridge, FC United, St Ives Town, and Biggleswade Town.

 

For the likes of Boston United, Kettering Town, Maidstone United and Dartford in the National League North and South, they have clearly decided the stakes are too high to cancel the league at this stage and still desperately want to play the season to a finish at some stage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug

I'd be happy for the season to be written of in it's entirety with the obvious exceptions of the League Cup and our 3-1 win at the Giro.

 

Seems perfectly fair and proper to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kidd’s Boots
8 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Just to be clear, it is only non-league football below National Leagues North and South, so tier 7 and below in the football pyramid. The statement says that the National League (Premier, North and South) aim to play to a completion. So the highest level of football being cancelled is the level of the three regional leagues, featuring the likes of Bowers & Pitsea, Merstham, Bamber Bridge, FC United, St Ives Town, and Biggleswade Town.

 

For the likes of Boston United, Kettering Town, Maidstone United and Dartford in the National League North and South, they have clearly decided the stakes are too high to cancel the league at this stage and still desperately want to play the season to a finish at some stage. 

Understood, but in your last paragraph these leagues, and everything above them will have to comply with what their relevant authorities instruct their members to do, complete or expunge. Non league football authorities are leading the way here by making a clear and decisive decision to allow its members to plan and prepare for whatever may lie ahead, including clubs folding or going into administration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
karipidis
7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'd be happy for the season to be written of in it's entirety with the obvious exceptions of the League Cup and our 3-1 win at the Giro.

 

Seems perfectly fair and proper to me.

Why the League cup? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cheetah

Excellent news for Whitley bay who have had a stinker of a season in the Northern League, still wouldn't have got relegated though. 

 

Bonus is West Allotment Celtic whinging like their namesakes as they were a shoe in for promotion from Div 2 :lol: get it up ye Geordie Tims :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saint Jambo
4 hours ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

Understood, but in your last paragraph these leagues, and everything above them will have to comply with what their relevant authorities instruct their members to do, complete or expunge. Non league football authorities are leading the way here by making a clear and decisive decision to allow its members to plan and prepare for whatever may lie ahead, including clubs folding or going into administration. 

 

It was the National League System and FA in both cases. It is the same set of administrators who have made the decision to bring one set of leagues to an end and to keep the higher leagues live. It's a precedent but the precedent is that the higher up the footballing tree you go, the less likely clubs and league administrators are likely to be willing to just cancel seasons. If these authorities were really taking the decisive action you suggest, surely they would have cancelled all the leagues within their remit not just the lower ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MattyK82
12 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'd be happy for the season to be written of in it's entirety with the obvious exceptions of the League Cup and our 3-1 win at the Giro.

 

Seems perfectly fair and proper to me.

The 1-2 win earlier in season too mind 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
12 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Just to be clear, it is only non-league football below National Leagues North and South, so tier 7 and below in the football pyramid. The statement says that the National League (Premier, North and South) aim to play to a completion. So the highest level of football being cancelled is the level of the three regional leagues, featuring the likes of Bowers & Pitsea, Merstham, Bamber Bridge, FC United, St Ives Town, and Biggleswade Town.

 

For the likes of Boston United, Kettering Town, Maidstone United and Dartford in the National League North and South, they have clearly decided the stakes are too high to cancel the league at this stage and still desperately want to play the season to a finish at some stage. 

Yes but they have already decided no relegation from National League this season. That suits our agenda. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saint Jambo
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes but they have already decided no relegation from National League this season. That suits our agenda. 

 

My understanding is that there will be no relegation from National League North or South, but there might still be relegation from National League Premier. The equivalent for us would be no relegation from League Two to the Highland/ Lowland league, with relegation at the other levels within the SPFL still TBC.

 

Its interesting what the lower levels of non-league football do in England. But I don't buy-in to the idea that it is either relevant to Hearts or that comparing the action against the supposed inaction of the SPFL/SFA is sensible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DETTY29

30 clubs complaining about decision and will lobby that FA Council does not ratify next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug
7 hours ago, karipidis said:

Why the League cup? 

Because it was completed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gorgiewave

We still beat Rangers twice and we still won twice at Easter Road. Everything else was a dream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
braveheart

Couple of teams had already won their leagues.jersey bulls for instance have probably spent a fortune on flights and couldn't be caught.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
47 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

 

My understanding is that there will be no relegation from National League North or South, but there might still be relegation from National League Premier. The equivalent for us would be no relegation from League Two to the Highland/ Lowland league, with relegation at the other levels within the SPFL still TBC.

 

Its interesting what the lower levels of non-league football do in England. But I don't buy-in to the idea that it is either relevant to Hearts or that comparing the action against the supposed inaction of the SPFL/SFA is sensible.

Yes that’s what I meant. Nat league to me is all three divisions ie steps 1 & 2 in their pyramid. Countries typically follow each other at football. There’s not a lot of options to be honest. Finishing this season is disappearing over the horizon every day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
49 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

30 clubs complaining about decision and will lobby that FA Council does not ratify next week.

That’s 30 clubs out of 91 leagues!  Not much chance of their lobbying being successful I’d suggest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DETTY29
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s 30 clubs out of 91 leagues!  Not much chance of their lobbying being successful I’d suggest. 

Jesus...

 

A lot of clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The White Cockade

Yeah the English FA told the league over here on the Isle of Man season null and void 

All the boys at my team asking for their subs and yellow/red cards fines to be refunded 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...