Jump to content
upgotheheads

WTF is going on at the SFA/SPFL

Recommended Posts

upgotheheads

Things seem to be just drifting without any scheduled meetings (as far as I know), any timeline or ideas being produced. We're almost into April and it's clear as the nose on your face that there will be no recovery to enable football to restart, with stadiums open and supporters allowed to attend matches, anytime within the next 3 months. If we are lucky then maybe some kind of season could restart in August so maybe the authorities should plan for that eventuality. That would need decisions to be made on resolving the current league situation right now, but from the SFA/SPL- nada, zilch, nowt.

 

Useless bunch of Bustards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OTT

Attempting to abdicate responsibility regarding what to do with the league. 

 

We have administrators not leaders. This was the time for them to step up and earn their huge wages. They've not done that. 

 

I really hope the clubs band together and ask Doncaster & Maxwell to step down and actually find someone qualified to run the game up here. We're being held back by absolute impostors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jackal

Until another countries FA comes up with a possible solution our FA will continue looking for ways not to upset either of the uglies. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Psychedelicropcircle

Bear in mind that they spent months trying to come with a new name for the leagues & ended up copying  England in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dazo

To be fair until we truly know what we are facing I can see why they are waiting. Make a call too early or too late will result in uproar either way. It must be getting very close to calling the whole thing off though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
16 minutes ago, OTT said:

Attempting to abdicate responsibility regarding what to do with the league. 

 

We have administrators not leaders. This was the time for them to step up and earn their huge wages. They've not done that. 

 

I really hope the clubs band together and ask Doncaster & Maxwell to step down and actually find someone qualified to run the game up here. We're being held back by absolute impostors. 

Imposters are being kind to them bud, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boof

Weren't they quick enough to schedule a conference call when it punished us for some minor transgression?

 

Can't remember fully...someone on here will :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian

Normally I would correctly assume they were making a giant arse of it and/or dithering.     But it's just as plausible that the entire situation is too complex and too uncertain for anything to be decided.     I would think that some small idea of the timetable of a return to matches taking place is the first piece in the jigsaw.     But it's impossible to have that.    Could be July.    Might be much later.

 

They'll probably make an arse of something... but have yet to be given the opportunity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
34 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Things seem to be just drifting without any scheduled meetings (as far as I know), any timeline or ideas being produced. We're almost into April and it's clear as the nose on your face that there will be no recovery to enable football to restart, with stadiums open and supporters allowed to attend matches, anytime within the next 3 months. If we are lucky then maybe some kind of season could restart in August so maybe the authorities should plan for that eventuality. That would need decisions to be made on resolving the current league situation right now, but from the SFA/SPL- nada, zilch, nowt.

 

Useless bunch of Bustards.

 

What are other associations doing? I can't imagine any of them have much more than a rough idea of what may happen.

 

Too many unknowns to put anything in place right now, although it would be good to hear that - as it stands - they are committed to finishing the fixtures for this season.

 

Of course, whatever they do will be a vague collection of ramblings designed to appease Lawell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack

They will be busy planning the easiest way to shaft us by relegating us without a ball being kicked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ribble

They will do nothing at all until UEFA/FIFA make a decision first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert
38 minutes ago, Boof said:

Weren't they quick enough to schedule a conference call when it punished us for some minor transgression?

 

Can't remember fully...someone on here will :) 

I assume it is a rhetorical question, but for anyone who doesn't remember or is too young...

When the SFA (or SPL?) ordered us to pay players wages on time when we were on the brink of administration and in their view we failed to do so a teleconference was arranged within hours of the supposed deadline to decide on our punishment. The incompetent  idiots however did not interpret correctly their own order and had to backtrack when the players received their money the following day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Things seem to be just drifting without any scheduled meetings (as far as I know), any timeline or ideas being produced. We're almost into April and it's clear as the nose on your face that there will be no recovery to enable football to restart, with stadiums open and supporters allowed to attend matches, anytime within the next 3 months. If we are lucky then maybe some kind of season could restart in August so maybe the authorities should plan for that eventuality. That would need decisions to be made on resolving the current league situation right now, but from the SFA/SPL- nada, zilch, nowt.

 

Useless bunch of Bustards.

Just a guess here but, there is no light at the end of the tunnel (yet), IMO I’d expect there has been a fair amount of preliminary planning put in place but, until things pan out their hands are pretty much tied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4marsbars

I couldn't care less what is happening at the SFA or SPL.

 

I don't care if we lose most of our squad and get relegated without kicking another ball.

 

All I care about is that my several family members who work in the NHS (and I imagine many Kickbackers have similar issues - we are all in this together)  and all the vulnerable people I know get through this alive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
upgotheheads
46 minutes ago, Dazo said:

To be fair until we truly know what we are facing I can see why they are waiting. Make a call too early or too late will result in uproar either way. It must be getting very close to calling the whole thing off though. 

 

I think we do know what we're facing. There's absolutely no chance of crowds being allowed to gather within the next three months at least. Donald Trump thinking there is  pretty good proof that there isn't.

 

31 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Normally I would correctly assume they were making a giant arse of it and/or dithering.     But it's just as plausible that the entire situation is too complex and too uncertain for anything to be decided.     I would think that some small idea of the timetable of a return to matches taking place is the first piece in the jigsaw.     But it's impossible to have that.    Could be July.    Might be much later.

 

They'll probably make an arse of something... but have yet to be given the opportunity.

 

This would be a good reason for making a decision right now to resolve this season asap. Clubs would then know where they stand at least in  respect of what division they will be in next season, whenever that starts, allowing them to think about Budgets. A provisional new season starting in August could then be planned for, even if it doesn't happen.

29 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

 

What are other associations doing? I can't imagine any of them have much more than a rough idea of what may happen.

 

Too many unknowns to put anything in place right now, although it would be good to hear that - as it stands - they are committed to finishing the fixtures for this season.

 

Of course, whatever they do will be a vague collection of ramblings designed to appease Lawell.

 

I think there is one thing that is clear, this season will not be continued, we've effectively already used up this years close season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
11 minutes ago, Ribble said:

They will do nothing at all until UEFA/FIFA make a decision first

This is the way it has to be. 

 

Who in turn need to find a way out with partners, TV companies and sponsors. 

 

A long way down the line to the SPFL this one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
2 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

I couldn't care less what is happening at the SFA or SPL.

 

I don't care if we lose most of our squad and get relegated without kicking another ball.

 

All I care about is that my several family members who work in the NHS (and I imagine many Kickbackers have similar issues - we are all in this together)  and all the vulnerable people I know get through this alive. 

I agree, very little appetite to see football back very soon. Seems totally inappropriate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamboozy
3 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

I couldn't care less what is happening at the SFA or SPL.

 

I don't care if we lose most of our squad and get relegated without kicking another ball.

 

All I care about is that my several family members who work in the NHS (and I imagine many Kickbackers have similar issues - we are all in this together)  and all the vulnerable people I know get through this alive. 

Hope & pray your family are all keeping well , we depend on them keeping healthy, more than we realise 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spellczech

Bunch of old men hunkered down in the broom cupboard of their mansions...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
upgotheheads

 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

This is the way it has to be. 

 

Who in turn need to find a way out with partners, TV companies and sponsors. 

 

A long way down the line to the SPFL this one

It would be a start if they were even lobbying UEFA (another useless bunch of Bustards imo) to get their finger out, even if it means them standing up to the TV companies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
upgotheheads
12 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

I couldn't care less what is happening at the SFA or SPL.

 

I don't care if we lose most of our squad and get relegated without kicking another ball.

 

All I care about is that my several family members who work in the NHS (and I imagine many Kickbackers have similar issues - we are all in this together)  and all the vulnerable people I know get through this alive. 

 

 

 

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I agree, very little appetite to see football back very soon. Seems totally inappropriate

 

Everyone knows what priority one is, but personally, thinking and planning for the future has always been one of my life strategies, especially in circumstances like this.

Edited by upgotheheads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
46 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Normally I would correctly assume they were making a giant arse of it and/or dithering.     But it's just as plausible that the entire situation is too complex and too uncertain for anything to be decided.     I would think that some small idea of the timetable of a return to matches taking place is the first piece in the jigsaw.     But it's impossible to have that.    Could be July.    Might be much later.

 

They'll probably make an arse of something... but have yet to be given the opportunity.

This is bang on, of course they will make an arse of it, but how anyone could know what do right now, defies belief anyone can be serious about planning.

 

Wuhan is still 2 weeks away from coming out of partial lockdown, could be July earliest and with the possibility of lockdowns right through Europe until well into 2021, you have to wonder what the future holds for European travel restrictions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

This is bang on, of course they will make an arse of it, but how anyone could know what do right now, defies belief anyone can be serious about planning.

 

Wuhan is still 2 weeks away from coming out of partial lockdown, could be July earliest and with the possibility of lockdowns right through Europe until well into 2021, you have to wonder what the future holds for European travel restrictions

 

Absolutely.    International travel and internal mass gatherings could be off the menu for a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
5 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

 

 

 

 

Everyone knows what priority one is, but personally, thinking and planning for the future has always been one of my life strategies, especially in circumstances like this.

You cant plan, effectively, when you have no idea what you are dealing with, as in the virus and the exit strategy from the virus.

 

That will be the first plan, but that looks well down the line. When young healthy people are now dead as a result, everything else seems a triviality

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
upgotheheads
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

You cant plan, effectively, when you have no idea what you are dealing with, as in the virus and the exit strategy from the virus.

 

That will be the first plan, but that looks well down the line. When young healthy people are now dead as a result, everything else seems a triviality

 

Everything else is a triviality, but sometimes it's a relief even to think of trivialities. Just about everything on Kickback is relatively trivial whatever Bill Shankly said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
busby1985

They are waiting for Celtic to decide what they want to happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
5 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

 

Everything else is a triviality, but sometimes it's a relief even to think of trivialities. Just about everything on Kickback is relatively trivial whatever Bill Shankly said.

Well it is I agree, but not a time for blame. Plenty of time for that later when they do inevitably screw up :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wavydavy
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Things seem to be just drifting without any scheduled meetings (as far as I know), any timeline or ideas being produced. We're almost into April and it's clear as the nose on your face that there will be no recovery to enable football to restart, with stadiums open and supporters allowed to attend matches, anytime within the next 3 months. If we are lucky then maybe some kind of season could restart in August so maybe the authorities should plan for that eventuality. That would need decisions to be made on resolving the current league situation right now, but from the SFA/SPL- nada, zilch, nowt.

 

Useless bunch of Bustards.

 

I think they should rename Hampden Park and call it Jurassic Park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboAl

Are the weegie refs still being paid or are they contracted on a game by game basis?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
upgotheheads
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Are the weegie refs still being paid or are they contracted on a game by game basis?

 

Their old-firm win bonuses will be taking a hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo
37 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

I couldn't care less what is happening at the SFA or SPL.

 

I don't care if we lose most of our squad and get relegated without kicking another ball.

 

All I care about is that my several family members who work in the NHS (and I imagine many Kickbackers have similar issues - we are all in this together)  and all the vulnerable people I know get through this alive. 

 

Kind of where I am. The terrace should be shut down temporarily.

 

(not entirely serious)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4marsbars
41 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

 

 

 

 

Everyone knows what priority one is, but personally, thinking and planning for the future has always been one of my life strategies, especially in circumstances like this.

 

fair comment. But if you offered any one of us right now the immediate end of coronavirus but Hearts go bust, we'd take it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4marsbars
49 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Hope & pray your family are all keeping well , we depend on them keeping healthy, more than we realise 👍

 

Thanks, they're all fine, and hope the same for yours too. There are many kickbackers in much more danger than I am. And it's not just the NHS. The people who work in supermarkets right now, bus drivers, a whole host of them are absolute heroes. We need to make a point of thanking people and showing appreciation (at a safe distance). People at check-outs might see about 50 people an hour face-to-face. That's incredible courage. I'm mostly at home in front of a screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fabienleclerq

They will be waiting on the FA down south making a decision first so they can copy it. Tbh it doesn't really make a jot of difference if the decide today or 3 weeks time, until we have a timescale in place for this nonsense finishing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Things seem to be just drifting without any scheduled meetings (as far as I know), any timeline or ideas being produced. We're almost into April and it's clear as the nose on your face that there will be no recovery to enable football to restart, with stadiums open and supporters allowed to attend matches, anytime within the next 3 months. If we are lucky then maybe some kind of season could restart in August so maybe the authorities should plan for that eventuality. That would need decisions to be made on resolving the current league situation right now, but from the SFA/SPL- nada, zilch, nowt.

 

Useless bunch of Bustards.


The exact same as every other football federation in Europe? (Excluding Belarus).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gjcc
48 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

They are waiting for Celtic to decide what they want to happen. 


The decision would have been made immediately in that case. “Give us the league, **** the rest of them.“

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

They have paid out to all clubs, so not all bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamboozy
1 hour ago, 4marsbars said:

 

Thanks, they're all fine, and hope the same for yours too. There are many kickbackers in much more danger than I am. And it's not just the NHS. The people who work in supermarkets right now, bus drivers, a whole host of them are absolute heroes. We need to make a point of thanking people and showing appreciation (at a safe distance). People at check-outs might see about 50 people an hour face-to-face. That's incredible courage. I'm mostly at home in front of a screen.

Thanks 4M, my wife works for one of the major supermarkets, bit of a worry, If we keep being careful as far as hygiene etc, we can get through this, although I never thought I would need to use precautions again with my missus 🙁keep well buddy 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4marsbars
1 hour ago, jamboozy said:

Thanks 4M, my wife works for one of the major supermarkets, bit of a worry, If we keep being careful as far as hygiene etc, we can get through this, although I never thought I would need to use precautions again with my missus 🙁keep well buddy 👍

 

supermarket staff very much in the front line and greatly appreciated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
colinmaroon

In answer to the OP/thread title - 

 

SFA!!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ex member of the SaS

Phil three names ( Yes I know ! ) Claiming insider knowledge, April 15th for a decision, No football before Sept. Celtic win league. And a 14 team league with no play off. season 20/21. Hearts stay up and Utd and ICT promoted.

 

Will take that if true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst
8 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Phil three names ( Yes I know ! ) Claiming insider knowledge, April 15th for a decision, No football before Sept. Celtic win league. And a 14 team league with no play off. season 20/21. Hearts stay up and Utd and ICT promoted.

 

Will take that if true.

 

Just two days ago he was claiming that a "well placed source" in football administration had advised that the league would resume, but would end with the third round of fixtures and 33 games played. One team would be promoted and one relegated.

 

Put simply, he's got no more insight than any of us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boof
5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I assume it is a rhetorical question, but for anyone who doesn't remember or is too young...

When the SFA (or SPL?) ordered us to pay players wages on time when we were on the brink of administration and in their view we failed to do so a teleconference was arranged within hours of the supposed deadline to decide on our punishment. The incompetent  idiots however did not interpret correctly their own order and had to backtrack when the players received their money the following day.

 

Yes, on reflection I guess the question was rhetorical but thanks for the reminder of the circumstances - I couldn't remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TexasAndy

Scottish Football doing what it always does, drifting without any oars.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
upgotheheads
27 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Phil three names ( Yes I know ! ) Claiming insider knowledge, April 15th for a decision, No football before Sept. Celtic win league. And a 14 team league with no play off. season 20/21. Hearts stay up and Utd and ICT promoted.

 

Will take that if true.

 

So would I.

 

15 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

 

Just two days ago he was claiming that a "well placed source" in football administration had advised that the league would resume, but would end with the third round of fixtures and 33 games played. One team would be promoted and one relegated.

 

Put simply, he's got no more insight than any of us. 

 

That would have the effect of almost certainly legitimising a Celtic league win and almost certainly relegating us, but that's the way the 'Celtic minded' will be thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
upgotheheads
7 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

https://www.docdroid.net/3k65Mud/spflpdfpdf.pdf 

 

Boy I know just sent me this claiming it’s what’s being proposed. 

 

Well if the Bustards do this I'll be suing them for copyright because that is exactly the set-up I suggested to them in an e-mail about 5 or 6 years ago.

 

I see there 4,021 back pages to the Terrace,  so it will be in there, but I'll be b******d if I'm going to search for it, but I did mention on here.

Edited by upgotheheads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
queensferryjambo
8 hours ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Bear in mind that they spent months trying to come with a new name for the leagues & ended up copying  England in the end.

 

THIS

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff

They'll be waiting for UEFA to make the call or the big 4 leagues to make the call first and the rest will follow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wavydavy
7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Are the weegie refs still being paid or are they contracted on a game by game basis?

 

Celtic will be making sure they are paid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...