Jump to content
h-e-a-r-t-s

1-5 year season tickets

Recommended Posts

h-e-a-r-t-s

Apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere, but in an effort to raise funds for the club why don’t we consider an option to pay season tickets in advance.  Presumably the club are reluctant to issue season tickets for next season due to the uncertainty, but I would think many people would be happy to pay, and others might be happy to pay for 2 or more years in advance to compensate for those who don’t want to pay up for next season at this stage. 
 

Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, h-e-a-r-t-s said:

Apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere, but in an effort to raise funds for the club why don’t we consider an option to pay season tickets in advance.  Presumably the club are reluctant to issue season tickets for next season due to the uncertainty, but I would think many people would be happy to pay, and others might be happy to pay for 2 or more years in advance to compensate for those who don’t want to pay up for next season at this stage. 
 

Thoughts?

 

I can barely afford the £1300 its going to cost me for this years tickets far less any further years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio

She will be pissed off when my one goes on the credit card, but there you have it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToadKiller Dog

That's fine in principle for those with the funds ,but a lot of people wont really know where their wages are at until this 80% thing is fully sorted out or how long this will last .

Maybe the could look at a plan where you can pay monthly directly to the club towards your next season ticket .say 10 or 20 % per month 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OTT

Kind of seems like robbing peter to pay paul. 

 

Reduce the playing staff as far as possible and see where that leaves us. (IMO)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ex member of the SaS

Everyone buys a Euro millions lottery ticket and donate some of the winnings to the club. £10 mill to the club and £12 mill to the winner. ( anyone who can't manage on £12 mill has illusions of grandeur. )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
8 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Everyone buys a Euro millions lottery ticket and donate some of the winnings to the club. £10 mill to the club and £12 mill to the winner. ( anyone who can't manage on £12 mill has illusions of grandeur. )

Could be delusional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4marsbars

I'd rather wait to find out the format of next season, if there is a next season. Don't underestimate how long this virus will take.

 

This is probably the wrong thread but in my opinion, they should keep this season paused. When play resumes, which might be November (my guess) they should play out the rest of this season. Then, without a break they should go onto next season, but that might be only 2 games home and away rather than the current. And we dont know which division. They should also play out the rest of this year's Cup!

 

Basically there are too many uncertainties. Businesses will suffer, employees and the self-employed suffer. I really don't think that getting people who are currently short of cash to put their hands in their pockets is the way to go. 

 

As far as I am concerned, if you offered me the following deal, lose your entire first-team pool and start again but coronavirus goes away, I (we all) would take it.

 

When coronavirus goes, there will be football teams, stadia, players, fans, memories, histories. We just have to press a really large RESET button.

 

That's enough from me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh

We don't even know what league we will be in.  Really miss my season ticket but there is zero chance that I would give that footballing incompetent more money to squander.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh

Prices are usually determined on Cat A games and we seem to be playing less and less of them every season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo

Non starter for me I'm afraid. In fact what's going on around us just now has kind of put football and Hearts into perspective for me.

Another few months and I reckon it will fall so far down my list of priorities that I might find it hard to get any enthusiasm back for it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
3 hours ago, h-e-a-r-t-s said:

Apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere, but in an effort to raise funds for the club why don’t we consider an option to pay season tickets in advance.  Presumably the club are reluctant to issue season tickets for next season due to the uncertainty, but I would think many people would be happy to pay, and others might be happy to pay for 2 or more years in advance to compensate for those who don’t want to pay up for next season at this stage. 
 

Thoughts?


A lot of existing season ticket holders will struggle to renew for next season, never mind buy a 5 year season ticket. We also know no idea when we will be able to have fans back at games. Non runner ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wavydavy
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Prices are usually determined on Cat A games and we seem to be playing less and less of them every season.

 

The price doesn't come down though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
34 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

 

The price doesn't come down though.

 

 

It bloody well should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckydug
2 hours ago, graygo said:

Non starter for me I'm afraid. In fact what's going on around us just now has kind of put football and Hearts into perspective for me.

Another few months and I reckon it will fall so far down my list of priorities that I might find it hard to get any enthusiasm back for it 

There is a danger that once fans are out of the habit of attending they might just find other things to do with their time. 

I find the whole idea of clubs arguing about league positions relegation championships and titles distasteful. 

It's all so unimportant at the moment. 

High earners at Hearts bitching about having to take half of what's already too much. In addition the press stirring up in the background taking the side of whichever side of the OF pays them the most. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, h-e-a-r-t-s said:

Apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere, but in an effort to raise funds for the club why don’t we consider an option to pay season tickets in advance.  Presumably the club are reluctant to issue season tickets for next season due to the uncertainty, but I would think many people would be happy to pay, and others might be happy to pay for 2 or more years in advance to compensate for those who don’t want to pay up for next season at this stage. 
 

Thoughts?

Not a bad idea, ira also been mentioned about a down payment on next years ST of £2-300. The problem is that money is needed to pay next season wages not these bunch of losers we have currently, and might be the reason we haven’t done it so far, apart from knowing what division we’re in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saughton Jambo

This week I’ve had two jobs that last were due to start in April, cancel on me. Total value of the contracts were £250k. I’ve enough work to keep everyone going for about an additional  3 weeks but if there’s no change then I’ll be closing down in the interim. This means I’ll have to let about 16 staff go as they’re self employed building trade workers. Whilst I can afford my ST’s, I don’t think I’d feel right about letting guys go who are dependent on their jobs. I’d rather give it to my workers via a retainer to keep them ticking over until things pick up.  There’s no danger of me not renewing, it’s just not appropriate at this time given the economic climate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodami

I don't think asking for money for future seasons is a good look in the current climate, there are clearly bigger, more important issues in the world.

You can't ignore the fact that we have hamstrung ourselves by performing so badly so logistically it is much more difficult than it would have been had we been punching our weight. The cold fact is I wouldn't trust the current board with more money, they have mismanaged the playing budget and shown themselves to be clueless on football matters. Until we have a new chief executive and a director of football of some kind nothing improves.

I am happy to back the club in trying to navigate this crisis sensibly but in the end change is sorely required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tokyo Drifter
5 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

I'd rather wait to find out the format of next season, if there is a next season. Don't underestimate how long this virus will take.

 

This is probably the wrong thread but in my opinion, they should keep this season paused. When play resumes, which might be November (my guess) they should play out the rest of this season. Then, without a break they should go onto next season, but that might be only 2 games home and away rather than the current. And we dont know which division. They should also play out the rest of this year's Cup!

 

Basically there are too many uncertainties. Businesses will suffer, employees and the self-employed suffer. I really don't think that getting people who are currently short of cash to put their hands in their pockets is the way to go. 

 

As far as I am concerned, if you offered me the following deal, lose your entire first-team pool and start again but coronavirus goes away, I (we all) would take it.

 

When coronavirus goes, there will be football teams, stadia, players, fans, memories, histories. We just have to press a really large RESET button.

 

That's enough from me.

 

There will be a next season, but it sure as hell won't start in August - October if we're lucky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy

We need to play out this seasons remainders whenever that may be.


I’d pay for next seasons ST tomorrow to help out but can’t afford any more than that in these uncertain times. 


Unlike Trump I think this is here for a good bit yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyCant

If ST’s came out tomorrow, be it for one season or 5, I wouldn’t be able to risk paying for one. I’m sure thousands are in the same boat and a good few regular ST holders may not have jobs for much longer. Sorry I’ve given extra to the club many times and I’ll keep my FOH donation going whilst I can, but it’s the first thing to go if things get tough for our family. I’m sure many feel the same, regardless of the position the club is in and the semantics of how it got there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JohnB
8 hours ago, luckydug said:

There is a danger that once fans are out of the habit of attending they might just find other things to do with their time. 

I find the whole idea of clubs arguing about league positions relegation championships and titles distasteful. 

It's all so unimportant at the moment. 

High earners at Hearts bitching about having to take half of what's already too much. In addition the press stirring up in the background taking the side of whichever side of the OF pays them the most. 

 

 

Must admit I'm finding walking round and round my house very addictive. Think I'm going to add in regular stair climbs(and descents) which should make the whole package almost irresistible. I do worry about how I'll react  when the time comes for ST renewal. Hopefully my GP can come up with some medication that'll help weaning me off the indoor exercise regime. 🤗

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BobbyCox
13 hours ago, h-e-a-r-t-s said:

Apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere, but in an effort to raise funds for the club why don’t we consider an option to pay season tickets in advance.  Presumably the club are reluctant to issue season tickets for next season due to the uncertainty, but I would think many people would be happy to pay, and others might be happy to pay for 2 or more years in advance to compensate for those who don’t want to pay up for next season at this stage. 
 

Thoughts?

Sounds expensive. Some can afford it, most can't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BobbyCox
13 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

She will be pissed off when my one goes on the credit card, but there you have it

Well in 50 years time, who'll care? Get burnin' the flexible friend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BobbyCox
12 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

We don't even know what league we will be in.  Really miss my season ticket but there is zero chance that I would give that footballing incompetent more money to squander.

:clyay: Hey, who you callin' incompetent? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...