Statement from Naisy

Durham Jambo

I know Naismith hasn’t been playing to his full potential lately but I’ve thought most of the criticism of him has been unfair, even more so now. 

Carl Fredrickson

Great gesture and very much appreciated. It might be easier for him than some others but what he says is very supportive and encouraging. No player who walks away from us should be thought of in a bad way as we do not know their circumstances. 

It's a very commendable statement and one which does, whether intentional or not, put a bit of peer pressure on other players. What I'd like to see is a universal statement from all players stating they accept the circumstances forced upon the club by forces outwith the club's control and an acceptance of the wage cut along the lines of SN. Maybe I'm being a wee bit optimistic on that one, I don't know.

What I would like to see however, is a statement from the club telling absolute no marks like McManus and Boyd that they are a pair of slavering arseholes who know the square root of sod all of what the current circumstances mean to Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

19 minutes ago, JWL said:

It's a very commendable statement and one which does, whether intentional or not, put a bit of peer pressure on other players. What I'd like to see is a universal statement from all players stating they accept the circumstances forced upon the club by forces outwith the club's control and an acceptance of the wage cut along the lines of SN. Maybe I'm being a wee bit optimistic on that one, I don't know.

What I would like to see however, is a statement from the club telling absolute no marks like McManus and Boyd that they are a pair of slavering arseholes who know the square root of sod all of what the current circumstances mean to Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

Hi mate, what have McManus and Boyd been saying? 

Sorry, I'm just being a bit lazy today. 

26 minutes ago, JWL said:

As Naismith states, he has done well out of football. Others are in entirely different circumstances,  both personal financial and contract wise. One size Doesn’t fit all and some may not be in a position to accept that offer. 
we must accept their decisions. 

Seymour M Hersh

To be honest I expected nothing less from him. I wonder how the media in Glasgow will try to spin this to read "**** off Budge"? 

Biffa Bacon
51 minutes ago, Morlich said:

Good for him. Especially the "whatever division" bit. Let's see what happens with the rest of the squad. 

The rest of the squad may not be in a similar financial position. Let them do what they can and lets not be too quick to judge, may be there is a compromise between 50% and 100%. But if they choice is not to make any offer, then that's perfectly within their contractual rights, regardless of what anyone else thinks.

Edited by Biffa Bacon

1 minute ago, Biffa Bacon said:

The rest of the squad may not be in a similar financial position. Let them do what they can and lets not be too quick to judge, may be there is a compromise between 50% and 100%. But if they choice is not to make any offer, then that's perfectly within their contractual rights, regardless of what anyone else thinks.

Absolutely.  I wouldn't be too critical  (or surprised) if some of the others decide to move on. Especially some of the lower earners. 

And there a probably some of the higher earners that we wouldn't miss too much anyway. 

Good statement, even if a little unexpected.

Can't help but feel that this is a little warning to players leaving in the next few days. He made it clear that he can't speak for others and their circumstances, and that he would support whatever decision they make. Might be wrong, it just sounds like a warning to the fans to prepare for exits.

Good statement from Naisy, class act and it is clear that he's committed to Hearts. He is right to support his teammates too though. 

As he basically said, it's alright for him as he's made a good few bob from football. He can afford to take the hit. Some of the other younger lads might have just bought their first house and are paying mortgages etc.. perhaps they can't afford to take that size of paycut. 

I know footballers in general get paid a lot compared to your average Joe for kicking a bit leather about a patch of grass but that's not necessarily the case at Hearts or Scottish football in general. 

Good stuff from Steven. 

Leading the way like a Hearts captain should. 

Respect to the lad. 

As my dear aunt used to say "he's yin ay ooo". 

He's one of us. 

Edited by martoon

Well done , wonder how the wee hibs fud will be feeling now and in the coming weeks as indusrties faulter and people lose their full income . He should be apologising now 

3 hours ago, Morlich said:

Absolutely.  I wouldn't be too critical  (or surprised) if some of the others decide to move on. Especially some of the lower earners. 

And there a probably some of the higher earners that we wouldn't miss too much anyway. 

Move on to what though? 

There is uncertainty at all clubs, in all leagues.  We will not be the only ones cutting wages, other clubs will follow suit. None of our players are going to be waltzing into EPL or even Championship teams, and League One/Two aren't exactly swimming with cash at the best of times. 

I'm not sure many will move on directly over this, especially as contracts will be up in a few months anyway. 

Unknown user
3 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

"I consider it an honour to represent Hearts"

Nuff said Captain 🥰

This. Top man.

Thanks Steven Naismith: leading by example and a very good egg. 

I wonder why Christophe and his wage reduction hasn’t been reported anywhere though? 

Probably has an eye on the manager’s job - which may be vacant in the near future?

Edited by MCW1976
Spelling.

hmfc_liam06
9 hours ago, Biffa Bacon said:

If league rules are to be believed, we can terminate their contracts without compensation if the league is suspended (article 12 I believe). Happy to be corrected on that.

So it may well be, accept a cut or go. No inbetween.

Finlay James
9 hours ago, fila said:

Well done , wonder how the wee hibs fud will be feeling now and in the coming weeks as indusrties faulter and people lose their full income . He should be apologising now 

The irony is that he will also likely either lose his job as a pundit or at least need to take a pay cut.  Wonder if he'll tell his employer to **** off?

Ex member of the SaS

Should relegation happen he will rip the league apart. ( hope it doesn't mind ). The rest of them will need a really good reason for not taking the cut now.

6 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Shows class. Unlike BBC Scotland who only printed part of it.

yet they can make sure you see 'from the archives' footage of Katic goal vs Celtic from about six different angles - for those missing live action.