Thank you

Crete

A big thank you to everyone in the NHS and all the other people  in jobs who are trying to keep the country going at this trying time.you are all heroes.♥️

1 minute ago, Crete said:

A big thank you to everyone in the NHS and all the other people  in jobs who are trying to keep the country going at this trying time.you are all heroes.♥️

Absolutely. 

highlandjambo3

My wife works in ITU Inverness and is on the front line........ the free dominoes pizza offer to all NHS staff is in England only..... am raging 😤 

Just now, highlandjambo3 said:

My wife works in ITU Inverness and is on the front line........ the free dominoes pizza offer to all NHS staff is in England only..... am raging 😤 

That's ridiculous 

Wife works at R.I.E Little France, free food from various outlets was handed into numerous wards for staff yesterday when she was working.

34 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

That's ridiculous 

Probably a different master franchiser so not really. 

Harry Potter
15 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

As well as our emergency services and council workers a big shout out to all supermarket and shop staff 

Yes well said.

16 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

FTFY

Just so it's clear, it's down to the tight ******* in Scotland.

Салатные палочки

This is not directed at the OP in any way but it's sad that it takes times like this for people to recognise just how hard working and unselfish NHS staff are. 

When my youngest daughter was born premature she spent ten weeks in ICU, HDU and lastly SCU and every one of the doctors, nurses and midwives and even cleaners were the most professional workers I have ever encountered. 

When you see someone starting a 12 hour shift on a Saturday night with a smile on their face and coming back in to the ward the following day and seeing that they have had to work a 15 hour shift due to a tough night and they still have a smile on their face, it really makes you appreciate what these people put in to their work. They are undoubtedly heroes. 

God bless them all. 

Well said..

Let's remember this after it's over and some want to use this virus as a stick to beat them with..

There will be calls to bring in private firms due to NHS"not fit for purpose" crap.

Hopefully I'm wrong and this just cements the NHS as essential. 

Jambo-Jimbo
21 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

This is not directed at the OP in any way but it's sad that it takes times like this for people to recognise just how hard working and unselfish NHS staff are. 

When my youngest daughter was born premature she spent ten weeks in ICU, HDU and lastly SCU and every one of the doctors, nurses and midwives and even cleaners were the most professional workers I have ever encountered. 

When you see someone starting a 12 hour shift on a Saturday night with a smile on their face and coming back in to the ward the following day and seeing that they have had to work a 15 hour shift due to a tough night and they still have a smile on their face, it really makes you appreciate what these people put in to their work. They are undoubtedly heroes. 

God bless them all. 

My wife has volunteered for duty on the coronavirus wards at the BGH, only to be told that plenty of other staff have already volunteered and that they'll add her name to the list and will be in touch as or when she's needed.

That's how unselfish NHS staff are, rushing to put their lives in danger to help the sick...........................meanwhile at a supermarket near you, there is a selfish barsteward filling up their trolley with lots of packets of pasta, rice, soup, beans, toilet rolls etc etc etc.

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, allyby said:

My Daughter is a Doctor at the Western, she's had all her annual leave cancelled for the foreseeable future.

Same here in the Borders mate, all annual leave cancelled, and all staff who were due to retire have been asked if they'll stay on for as long as they are needed, needless to say, as far as I know, all have agreed to stay on a bit longer.

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

God bless them all. 

I think until you need them a lot of us take the nhs for granted . They were magnificent when my daughter was in Scbu for two weeks when she was born .

I get a lump in my throat every time I think about the care they gave my fiancé for 2 months last year trying to save her life. 

truly incredible people, every last one of them . 

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

God bless them all. 

Ashamed to admit it but I’m As guilty as anyone for taking nurses for granted.. they should have their salaries doubled just now .. (and in future) 

20 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

I think until you need them a lot of us take the nhs for granted . They were magnificent when my daughter was in Scbu for two weeks when she was born .

I get a lump in my throat every time I think about the care they gave my fiancé for 2 months last year trying to save her life. 

truly incredible people, every last one of them . 

Yip, similar experience when they had to care for my wife back in 2015, took a seizure in hospital and full crash team in the room and they were just unbelievable. When I conveyed my thanks to the anesthetist later, he suggested that they are good at the big things but seem to get the lower priority things wrong!  

Both my kids were born premature and again, the level of care in high dependency was inspiring stuff.  Once they made it into the mainstream system, things seemed to change; old school, ground down nurses who were keen to judge and just seemed disillusioned.  

We'll always be grateful to the good medical staff who helped and supported us.

My family:

Daughter - Doctor Sick kids

Son-in-law - A&E Doctor ERI (yes he is dealing with the admissions as they come in)

Son - Nurse

Daughter - ICU Nurse

Sister in Law - Community Nurse

Brother in Law - Paramedic

I am enormousy proud of every one of them. They are my heroes.

3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

................meanwhile at a supermarket near you, there is a selfish barsteward filling up their trolley with lots of packets of pasta, rice, soup, beans, toilet rolls etc etc etc.

There was an older woman in tears because she couldn't buy basic toiletries. The shelves were emptied by the vultures earlier. It's fecking worrying when an older lady who probably lived through rationing can't buy toilet roll.

On another positive note, some guy in our street has set up a support group to help all those who are self-isolating in the street. I had never even heard of the guy before. Hopefully this crisis will be increasing our sense of community.

J.T.F.Robertson
4 hours ago, Greenbank2 said:

My family:

Son-in-law - A&E Doctor ERI (yes he is dealing with the admissions as they come in)

Son - Nurse

Daughter - ICU Nurse

And you should be, that's quite the honour roll.

5 hours ago, EH11 said:

Yip, similar experience when they had to care for my wife back in 2015, took a seizure in hospital and full crash team in the room and they were just unbelievable. When I conveyed my thanks to the anesthetist later, he suggested that they are good at the big things but seem to get the lower priority things wrong!  

Both my kids were born premature and again, the level of care in high dependency was inspiring stuff.  Once they made it into the mainstream system, things seemed to change; old school, ground down nurses who were keen to judge and just seemed disillusioned.  

We'll always be grateful to the good medical staff who helped and supported us.

Yep, I can't shout out for the NHS staff enough. My 2nd born was a very difficult c section on February 5th and wasn't breathing when they finally got him out. Full on emergency situation with the operating theatre flooded with staff without a hint of panic in the air. It seems the boy struggled for 20 minutes but was fine in the end.

He does however have a birthing defect (craniosynostosis) and it seems he will most likely need surgery in the manner of cutting his skull open to have some bone removed. We're yet to see the consultants but I've got nothing but faith that he's in good hands. I just hope this apocalypse isn't going to see his consultants appointment cancelled. 

28 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Yep, I can't shout out for the NHS staff enough. My 2nd born was a very difficult c section on February 5th and wasn't breathing when they finally got him out. Full on emergency situation with the operating theatre flooded with staff without a hint of panic in the air. It seems the boy struggled for 20 minutes but was fine in the end.

He does however have a birthing defect (craniosynostosis) and it seems he will most likely need surgery in the manner of cutting his skull open to have some bone removed. We're yet to see the consultants but I've got nothing but faith that he's in good hands. I just hope this apocalypse isn't going to see his consultants appointment cancelled. 

I know how difficult it is,  our son had some issues with lung development which although not uncommon, was hugely traumatic.  The irony is, he was born significantly heavier than his twin sister, taking all the good stuff from her in the womb, yet she only had a couple of day in neonatal compared to his two weeks.  

Wish you and the wee fella the best and I have no doubts that you are in the hands of people who care.

Doctor FinnBarr

Just mentioned this in another thread but 1 week ago I was an unskilled warehouse operative with the Coop (same with the wife in a Livi fish factory) but now we're "key workers". Will we get some sort of bonus when all this ends? We're working our tits off with OT and working our rest days but still canny get a bog roll!

luckyBatistuta
15 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Whilst doing a job for the NHS tonight, I witnessed a couple of doctors walking in the door with about 20 massive Pizza boxes, so hopefully it’s happening here too.

11 hours ago, Greenbank2 said:

My family:

Son - Nurse

Daughter - ICU Nurse

We just recently lost a family member (my cousin) who worked at the Sick Kids (your daughter probably knew her)  She was in the job for 42 years and always thought about others before herself. There was even a full page spread memoriam in the Evening News where parents of children she and others had cared for and helped through difficult times, spoke of their respect and gratitude they had.     These doctors and nurses really are a different breed, such a selfless bunch. You must be very proud of every single one of them. 

As the OP says...Thank You ❤️

Edited by luckyBatistuta

highlandjambo3
5 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Whilst doing a job for the NHS tonight, I witnessed a couple of doctors walking in the door with about 20 massive Pizza boxes, so hopefully it’s happening here too.

We just recently lost a family member (my cousin) who worked at the Sick Kids (your daughter probably knew her)  She was in the job for 42 years and always thought about others before herself. There was even a full page spread memoriam in the Evening News where parents of children she and others had cared for and helped through difficult times, spoke of their respect and gratitude they had.     These doctors and nurses really are a different breed, such a selfless bunch. You must be very proud of every single one of them. 

As the OP says...Thank You ❤️

The staff often bring in their own treats, home baking etc......

there is one doctor once a month who brings in a good bag, fresh fruit and the likes and, a naughty bag of cake, cream buns, eclairs etc.... must be about 40 quid worth.

i think jkb should post on summit.

7 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Just mentioned this in another thread but 1 week ago I was an unskilled warehouse operative with the Coop (same with the wife in a Livi fish factory) but now we're "key workers". Will we get some sort of bonus when all this ends? We're working our tits off with OT and working our rest days but still canny get a bog roll!

I feel your pain. I'll be up at midnight tonight so I can go out and run trains for those that need them. Also supposedly a reclassified "key worker". There's no benefit to this but it'll give you a semi if you let yourself think you're important (which you're not).

What does mean is we're more likely to get the virus. Cheers! 

I've not seen anything on a supermarket shelf all week. I'm in trouble if I can't get stuff this morning as the Mrs is struggling/terrified to go out due to a shitey immune system and I've got her and the bairns. Zero chance of me getting anything next week in the middle of the day.

1 hour ago, IronJambo said:

I feel your pain. I'll be up at midnight tonight so I can go out and run trains for those that need them. Also supposedly a reclassified "key worker". There's no benefit to this but it'll give you a semi if you let yourself think you're important (which you're not).

What does mean is we're more likely to get the virus. Cheers! 

I've not seen anything on a supermarket shelf all week. I'm in trouble if I can't get stuff this morning as the Mrs is struggling/terrified to go out due to a shitey immune system and I've got her and the bairns. Zero chance of me getting anything next week in the middle of the day.

Where are you mate ? anything we can do to help, quite happy to help with your shopping ect just PM me if you need any help. Cheers.

Just now, micole said:

Where are you mate ? anything we can do to help, quite happy to help with your shopping ect just PM me if you need any help. Cheers.

Cheers bud, I appreciate the gesture. I'm in Berkshire but would muddle on regardless. I might strike gold this morning in Sainsbury

1 minute ago, IronJambo said:

Cheers bud, I appreciate the gesture. I'm in Berkshire but would muddle on regardless. I might strike gold this morning in Sainsbury

Jings a long way from the Pans to Berkshire....😂😂, still hope you get something sorted, stay safe.

1 minute ago, micole said:

Jings a long way from the Pans to Berkshire....😂😂, still hope you get something sorted, stay safe.

As long as I get enough for the wife and kids to get through the week(I say kids, one of them is only 7 weeks). 

The Internet

Fully agree. Unbelievable what these people do on a daily basis anyway let alone now.

Spare a thought for the retail workers too. Can't imagine the level of shite they're having to deal with from the Great British Public right now, all while being in harm's way handling cash etc.

14 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

As long as I get enough for the wife and kids to get through the week(I say kids, one of them is only 7 weeks). 

👍