League Is Rigged For TV Anyway!

bobskeldon

Listening to Sportsound on Saturday about how best to proceed with the leagues etc and not one person on the programme questioned the 

sporting integrity/TV deal re 4 Ugly Sisters matches a season. Everyone of them referred to this as a reason that the 'broadcasters' might ask

for their money back should these games not take place. It once more raised the question for me about what might happen if most/all the teams in

Scotland outside the OF had a great season and as a result either Celtic or Rangers finished 7th? Would the SPFL simply reverse 6th and 7th place

so that the 'TV deal' is protected? I also want to ask that slaverin erse ****** Bonnar what exactly the "Celtic family" means?    

Tommy Brown

Were are where we are. Other leagues have caught up in the same style.

ECL monies going direct to teams the gap gets larger every year.

I'm dead serious here, I posted in Carona thread. 2 leagues next year 22 and 20.

Playing each twice for one season only. Split leagues again thereafter.

Yes this is mad ( or even madder) but give OF an extra 2 games against each other, it's not going to make a blind bit difference to the rest

Im away to lie down, saving Scottish football takes a lot out of me.

It's also rigged in the respect the last derby is set so that it is not a title decider. This impacts on when.other teams play them 

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

“The Celtic family” is code for bigoted religion! 

Correct. Daniel O’Donnell arse rimming plastic paddy bigot whanks.

7 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

It's also rigged in the respect the last derby is set so that it is not a title decider. This impacts on when.other teams play them 

That’s not for tv though, that’s because they’re scum. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

“The Celtic family” is code for bigoted religion! 

Includes all, except the boys club.

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

I'm dead serious here, I posted in Carona thread. 2 leagues next year 22 and 20.

Yes this is mad ( or even madder) but give OF an extra 2 games against each other, it's not going to make a blind bit difference to the rest

Maybe the hot balls would be drawn intentionally in the cup draws so they'd get their 4 a season quota...

Can’t believe no owners/ Chairmen of other clubs can’t grow a set and stand up to them or try and rally the other clubs for the good of the game in Scotland. Our league, the people who run it and the media in this country when it comes to football are an absolute joke. 

The Treasurer
36 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Can’t believe no owners/ Chairmen of other clubs can’t grow a set and stand up to them or try and rally the other clubs for the good of the game in Scotland. Our league, the people who run it and the media in this country when it comes to football are an absolute joke. 

Romanov tried and got ridiculed by other clubs and the media.

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Romanov also didn’t vote when it was time to scrap the voting rules in the league from 10/2.

Edited by Last Laff

gowestjambo
1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

Worse than stand up to them, they agreed the O/F would get the lions share of the money from TV..........

TV coverage in Scotland is corrupt. What’s the point of helping the Old Firm get richer, raises their profile which leads every other club in Scotland being sold down the river. Just look at every Scottish football tv programme, every radio and newspaper and 90% of the reporters, commentators, guests ect. all have links to the Old Firm. They either support one of them or have played for Celtic or Rangers I couldn’t count how many times they maybe start talking about the Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs and then end up talking about Rangers or Celtic which is their favourite topic. Our league have acted like poodles with the tv contracts and it’s time for the clubs to make the league grow a pair and end this nepotism, cronyism or favouritism or what ever you want to call it.

Rogue Daddy
22 hours ago, Sherbet said:

'Rigged' is bang on. Even before a ball is kicked at the start of each season - it's not a level playing field. Everything is 'rigged' in favour of the uglies.

The fixture list (as above), they get the lions share of the TV revenue, the officials are grossly in favour of one or the other... I could go on, but we all know this.

Nothing will change until all of the rest stand up together and say STOP. Unfortunately, their away support brings in too much revenue for everyone outside (probably) Hearts, Hibs & Aberdeen. Even St Johnstone gave Rangersan  extra stand at their last home game! Thats what we're up against.

Not only that, the ruling bodies won't do anything that upsets the uglies... can you imagine if it was either arse cheek that was at the bottom of the league right now... do you even think the word relegation would come up? I think not.

Harry Potter
23 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Brilliant tommy, watching scottish refs takes a lot out of me.

League structure should never be set up purely for the benefit of one stakeholder. 

Someone made the point that with more teams comes a greater degree of safety. Perhaps maintaining 1 automatically down + a play off is right in a larger league to further offer security. 

One of the biggest complaints is that every team outside OF and Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen just sit in. If relegation was less of a threat we might see more teams try to attack and play some exciting football. 

If Sky threaten to walk away (which is doubtful, they'd probably just want to renegotiate terms) then so be it. We could see what BT are willing to do, or perhaps look at launching an online service. We need the flexibility to be able to experiment with league structure until we find one which works for everyone. Bending over backwards to accommodate 2 clubs and a broadcaster has led to over 30 years of two clubs passing the league trophy between each other. 

Big Slim Stylee
21 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Maybe because he came across as a deranged feckwit?😀 

We could have asked for a more stable spokesperson to point out all those glaring iniquities.

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, OTT said:

League structure should never be set up purely for the benefit of one stakeholder. 

Someone made the point that with more teams comes a greater degree of safety. Perhaps maintaining 1 automatically down + a play off is right in a larger league to further offer security. 

One of the biggest complaints is that every team outside OF and Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen just sit in. If relegation was less of a threat we might see more teams try to attack and play some exciting football. 

If Sky threaten to walk away (which is doubtful, they'd probably just want to renegotiate terms) then so be it. We could see what BT are willing to do, or perhaps look at launching an online service. We need the flexibility to be able to experiment with league structure until we find one which works for everyone. Bending over backwards to accommodate 2 clubs and a broadcaster has led to over 30 years of two clubs passing the league trophy between each other. 

Totally agree. With technology these days, and the fact that almost all clubs (ins the SPL at any rate) have their own TV channel covering home games... there's surely an argument for running an SPL football service? I know this has been tried before, but if SKY isn't willing to invest, maybe worth a shot?

League re-structuring is long overdue but won't change as it bring too much income to the uglies (and the lesser teams that want the gate receipts that the uglies bring 3 or 4 times per season.)

Rogue Daddy
2 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Maybe because he came across as a deranged feckwit?😀 

We could have asked for a more stable spokesperson to point out all those glaring iniquities.

Vlad was many things... but he hated the OF. At least he was more than willing to stand up to them... remember he reduced the ugliesaway support allocation! Quality!

PhoenixHearts
49 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

TV coverage in Scotland is corrupt. What’s the point of helping the Old Firm get richer, raises their profile which leads every other club in Scotland being sold down the river. Just look at every Scottish football tv programme, every radio and newspaper and 90% of the reporters, commentators, guests ect. all have links to the Old Firm. They either support one of them or have played for Celtic or Rangers I couldn’t count how many times they maybe start talking about the Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs and then end up talking about Rangers or Celtic which is their favourite topic. Our league have acted like poodles with the tv contracts and it’s time for the clubs to make the league grow a pair and end this nepotism, cronyism or favouritism or what ever you want to call it.

You ever heard of A View From The Terrace?

3 Hearts supporters, a Raith fan and a Stenhousemuir fan. Talk about Brora Rangers as much as they talk about The Rangers

Edited by PhoenixHearts

I have seen it but it’s more comedy than a serious football programme but fair enough it is entertaining but it’s on too late at night for many viewers and not that many people know about the programme.