Well done Nadal

JamboSean

Carl Weathers

Nadal was excellent.

I felt for Murray - he really was outclassed.

Something to build on now in a slam.

Nadal was streets ahead of Murray. Well and truly outclassed and overpowered!!

Kidna feel sorry for Murray a but - he's fast becoming another Henman, hyped up by the British public and media in to being a lot better than he actually is.

He's ranked what, 10th in the world? I think thats about a fair reflection on him, and I think it woudl help the boy no end if we jut accepted him for what he is, a decent tennis player, rather than making him out to be some kinda world-beater in with a chance of winning Wimbledon, which he clearly is not.

Nadal Federer looks set to be a good final if it pans out that way though - both looked pretty awesome yesterday.

I P Knightley

Kidna feel sorry for Murray a but - he's fast becoming another Henman, hyped up by the British public and media in to being a lot better than he actually is.

He's ranked what, 10th in the world? I think thats about a fair reflection on him, and I think it woudl help the boy no end if we jut accepted him for what he is, a decent tennis player, rather than making him out to be some kinda world-beater in with a chance of winning Wimbledon, which he clearly is not.

Nadal Federer looks set to be a good final if it pans out that way though - both looked pretty awesome yesterday.

I won't be going out of my way to wath the semis. Safin's already conceded to Federer and Nadal is frighteningly good right now.

I've always claimed that Murray has one of the best games on the tour (even serve is improving) and could be up there with them if he could get the right mindset. But, short of hypnotism, I don't think that stuff comes to you at or after the age of 21.

Nadal was so focused, there could have been a hurricane blowing and he'd have just got on with it. Murray spent his whole time looking for help from the crowd, his mammy, heaven, the grass, anywhere. Despite his positive pre-match talk, he looked like he came out there knowing he'd lose.

I still think Murray will surpass Henman's achievements and may even grab a Slam in the next 4 years but it's not going to be Wimbledon.

As you've said, Erik, the british media do our players no favours with their over-hype. After next week, no one will remember the name of that bloke who'd been at the same school as Henman and won a match with the press all excited about him - Henman's still got a higher world ranking than the geezer and hasn't played for 9 months!

Gavsy Van Gaverson

It might be a fair reflection but he'll be No. 8 or 9 by next week, I'm sure he'll be Top 5 by the end of the year.

The US Hard Court season is up next after Wimbledon and this is where Murray is at his best. He'll make the Quarters at least, at the US OPEN in my opinion.

Best man won. Nadal was far superior to Murray. Hope Murray can improve his first serve though, it's pretty shocking, could make a big difference to his game if he does. Godd luck to him with the rest of the season though.

scottish_chicP

Murray was outclassed and looked absolutely shattered. Well done to Nadal although I wanted Murray to do well despite being "vermin".

There was no chance in hell that Nadal was going to lose to Murray.

Archived