Inability to score first half goals

gashauskis9

gashauskis9

Our inability to score goals in the first half.

Since Stendel came in, we’ve only scored 3 first half goals and 2 came in one game against St J away (the other at home to Airdrie). 

All of this puts too much pressure on us to score goals and win games in the 2nd 45m, hence the constant tinkering at half time.  It’s almost like the first half only exists for us to concede goals or hold on.  

For an attack minded/high tempo set up, this is a pretty atrocious stat.  Is it not about time we tried starting games the way we finish them?

Harry Potter

More like taking 20 minutes to start a game, what is that all about, im really so disheartened by my team now.

Was just keeping my head above water as we toiled along but last night has put me in to a case of no hope. 

Tokyo Drifter
1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Our inability to score goals in the first half.

Since Stendel came in, we’ve only scored 3 first half goals and 2 came in one game against St J away (the other at home to Airdrie). 

All of this puts too much pressure on us to score goals and win games in the 2nd 45m, hence the constant tinkering at half time.  It’s almost like the first half only exists for us to concede goals or hold on.  

For an attack minded/high tempo set up, this is a pretty atrocious stat.  Is it not about time we tried starting games the way we finish them?

It's  more than that - we actually lose a lot of first half goals as well so we're constantly chasing the game. Time after time we give teams a one (St MIrren), two (Hamilton) or even three (Kilmarnock) goal head start. Hopeless.