Velicka and the champions league

Professor.Arturo

Professor.Arturo

On the back of the Edinburgh evening record, they are talking about the possibility of Rangers meeting Kaunas in the 2nd round. Velicka is quoted a fair bit, he's saying he'd love to face Kaunas in the champions league if Smith picks him.

Kaunas blew it last season to Zeta, hopefully they do it this time and meet Rangers. I'd love to see Rangers romp it, not because I like them, but to show our mad owner his pyramid players are not good enough for a great club like Hearts. And just to rub his nose in it even more, for Velicka to get a hat trick, let him see what happened to our best striker.

Having said that, if Velicka scores a barrowload for Rangers it will stick in all oor throats, that is one guy who will come back and haunt us big time I reckon :sad:

Sounds like a lose,lose situation there,mate.Kaunas will probably play Rangers but will,again probably,get pumped.I'm indifferent,to be honest.

Maybe if Kaunas beat Rangers then then they'd keep their players for the Champions League rather than send them to us.

LiamWallace

Cecil I agree that tthere is no good result for us. I don't think Velicka was to blame for leaving so I hope he does well apart from against us.

Maybe if Kaunas beat Rangers then then they'd keep their players for the Champions League rather than send them to us.

But if they were good enough to knock out Rangers over two legs, they'd be good enough for us. Then, we'd want them.

The Old Tolbooth

I heard Ally Mcoist talking about Rangers strikeforce next season on the radio yesterday, he mentioned Lafferty, Boyd and someone else as being regular starters, however Velicka didn't even get a mention.

I reckon he's going to have a splintered arse by the end of the season.

But if they were good enough to knock out Rangers over two legs, they'd be good enough for us. Then, we'd want them.

They'd still not be good enough for our support.

Very true.

Imagine Kaunas knock Rangers out by 2 clear goals, then we get 7 of the 11 players and the manager. There would be outrage.

On the back of the Edinburgh evening record, they are talking about the possibility of Rangers meeting Kaunas in the 2nd round. Velicka is quoted a fair bit, he's saying he'd love to face Kaunas in the champions league if Smith picks him.

Kaunas blew it last season to Zeta, hopefully they do it this time and meet Rangers. I'd love to see Rangers romp it, not because I like them, but to show our mad owner his pyramid players are not good enough for a great club like Hearts. And just to rub his nose in it even more, for Velicka to get a hat trick, let him see what happened to our best striker.

Having said that, if Velicka scores a barrowload for Rangers it will stick in all oor throats, that is one guy who will come back and haunt us big time I reckon :sad:

Kind of ironic... talking that Kaunas players are not good enuff for Hearts and in the same post biggin up Velicka who was a Kaunas player :P

Kind of ironic... talking that Kaunas players are not good enuff for Hearts and in the same post biggin up Velicka who was a Kaunas player :P

I always rated Velicka at Hearts but even when he was here a lot of people criticised him and it took a long time for most people to even say he was a good player.

I always rated Velicka at Hearts but even when he was here a lot of people criticised him and it took a long time for most people to even say he was a good player.

I know.

BTW I don't think you should worry about an big influx of Kaunas players. They seem not too happy with the current squad and have sent Pehlic and another georgian midfielder to MTZ Ripo. Looks like they are clearing up dead wood and could be waiting new arivals.

Very true.

Imagine Kaunas knock Rangers out by 2 clear goals, then we get 7 of the 11 players and the manager. There would be outrage.

Imagine Cowdenbeath were to win the Scottish Cup, maybe then there players would be good enough for us too.

About as likely a scenario.

LiamWallace

D-McG Queen of the SOutjh got to the Scottish Cup Final last season you are right that there would be an outrage if we tried to get seven of their players.

Imagine Cowdenbeath were to win the Scottish Cup, maybe then there players would be good enough for us too.

About as likely a scenario.

I don't think it's as likely, but I see were you're coming from.

He Who Cannot Be Named
I know.

BTW I don't think you should worry about an big influx of Kaunas players. They seem not too happy with the current squad and have sent Pehlic and another georgian midfielder to MTZ Ripo. Looks like they are clearing up dead wood and could be waiting new arivals.

Miko, Zali, 28 and Kurskis hopefully! Maybe he will spend big on Kaunas to try keep Rangers out the CL, and also on Hearts so we keep them out next season! That would upset a few people...

Thunderstruck

Exactly! For some elements of the Hearts "support", nothing will ever be good enough.

Miko, Zali, 28 and Kurskis hopefully! Maybe he will spend big on Kaunas to try keep Rangers out the CL, and also on Hearts so we keep them out next season! That would upset a few people...

If Miko would go he would not go back to Kaunas. Same for Zaliukas I think. And Kurskis is already away or did he come back? Or never was a away in the first place? :confused:

anyway doubt that they invest too heavily. Maybe a few new foreigners but in any case they have more than a 100 players on their books :wacko:

lookoutjoe

If they knock Rangers out they would be deemed too good for us and they would get peddled round the Championship.

Archived