Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
OBE

Intrusive Random Calls

Recommended Posts

OBE

Had a few of these calls over the last week. Tried to block the call numbers but wee message appears "number Invalid". If it's invalid, how does it successfully activate my mobile?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Had a few of these calls over the last week. Tried to block the call numbers but wee message appears "number Invalid". If it's invalid, how does it successfully activate my mobile?

I’ve had a few of these calls but always managed to block them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OBE
7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I’ve had a few of these calls but always managed to block them.

 

There's always an extra digit to these numbers. Was the same number 3 times last week and can't block.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

 

There's always an extra digit to these numbers. Was the same number 3 times last week and can't block.

That’s weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spellczech
15 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

 

There's always an extra digit to these numbers. Was the same number 3 times last week and can't block.

Lob off the first digit and block it then the last digit and block it? Very low chance one of your pals will have the number! might work...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OBE
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That’s weird.

 

I know. Also they use my full name at the begining of the call, I'm concerned by pairing of the full name and mobile number. I call them out when they are unable to confirm my post code.

 

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OBE
2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Lob off the first digit and block it then the last digit and block it? Very low chance one of your pals will have the number! might work...

 

Good call, I'll give it a bash cheers.👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
westbow

But were you involved in a road accident? These people need to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OBE
10 minutes ago, westbow said:

But were you involved in a road accident? These people need to know.

They don't ask any more. They tell you of your involvement in the accident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
westbow
4 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

They don't ask any more. They tell you of your involvement in the accident.

Keep a whistle near and bow as hard as you can. Disclaimer- probably best not too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

They don't ask any more. They tell you of your involvement in the accident.

My last one was from Belarus.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OBE
11 minutes ago, westbow said:

Keep a whistle near and bow as hard as you can. Disclaimer- probably best not too.

 

I've got a dodgy back, I'll pass on the bow...:biggrin2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
westbow
53 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

 

I've got a dodgy back, I'll pass on the bow...:biggrin2:

😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marvin
2 hours ago, westbow said:

But were you involved in a road accident? These people need to know.

 

I tell them all about my RTA, and explain in great detail how I was ran over by an unforgiving driver. Once "they" think they've got me, I drop the bombshell by asking if my claim would be effected if it was discovered that I was under the influence of drink or drugs or possibly both at the time. They put the phone down faster than it takes to phone me. :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SUTOL
22 minutes ago, Marvin said:

 

I tell them all about my RTA, and explain in great detail how I was ran over by an unforgiving driver. Once "they" think they've got me, I drop the bombshell by asking if my claim would be effected if it was discovered that I was under the influence of drink or drugs or possibly both at the time. They put the phone down faster than it takes to phone me. :rofl:

 

I had one that I told I'd been in a fatal accident, as the victim. He passed me on to his manager to discuss the claim further. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone
3 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

They don't ask any more. They tell you of your involvement in the accident.

 

I remember my mate responding to that with, 'must have been a cracker as I don't recall a thing'. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OBE
7 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

 

I remember my mate responding to that with, 'must have been a cracker as I don't recall a thing'. 

 

My mate lead them a merry dance for about 20 minutes, he was unemployed, bored and didn't have a car. He did declare he was involved in an accident and he broke something, she asked what it was he broke and he responded "Ma Cock"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
7 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Had a few of these calls over the last week. Tried to block the call numbers but wee message appears "number Invalid". If it's invalid, how does it successfully activate my mobile?

 

If its a landline get yourself phones with call blocker technology.  The dicks realise they get screened and hang up and the automated calls also don't get through because they don't follow the instructions to trigger the phone to ring.

 

Add your friends and families numbers to the phone's contact list and they get straight through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OBE
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

If its a landline get yourself phones with call blocker technology.  The dicks realise they get screened and hang up and the automated calls also don't get through because they don't follow the instructions to trigger the phone to ring.

 

Add your friends and families numbers to the phone's contact list and they get straight through.

 

I have those landline phones with said technology, cheers FB.

 

It's my mobile that's giving me concern, same extremely polite geezer used my full name 3 times last week, as soon he realises I'm non-compliant he disconnects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
27 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

 

I have those landline phones with said technology, cheers FB.

 

It's my mobile that's giving me concern, same extremely polite geezer used my full name 3 times last week, as soon he realises I'm non-compliant he disconnects.

 

There are some apps to give call blocking functionality to your mobile:

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2016/03/best-apps-for-blocking-nuisance-calls-on-your-mobile-phone/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
trotter
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Marvin said:

 

I tell them all about my RTA, and explain in great detail how I was ran over by an unforgiving driver. Once "they" think they've got me, I drop the bombshell by asking if my claim would be effected if it was discovered that I was under the influence of drink or drugs or possibly both at the time. They put the phone down faster than it takes to phone me. :rofl:

I kept one of these dicks on the phone for about 30 mins describing my accident in gratuitous detail, how it happened, who was involved, injuries sustained (I genuinely did have whiplash from it), how the other party hit me deliberately and then drove off, but there wasn't enough evidence for the police to pursue a case despite at least 20 witnesses who were standing around and watching, etc. etc.

 

She then asked me where it was and i replied, "on the dodgems". 

 

"click..."

Edited by trotter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lemongrab
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

 

There are some apps to give call blocking functionality to your mobile:

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2016/03/best-apps-for-blocking-nuisance-calls-on-your-mobile-phone/

I installed one of those named there a couple of weeks ago, after I suddenly started getting annoying calls, well voicemails actually, as I always have my phone on silent at work. Then last week, I got an email from Virgin, saying there had been a data breech, so I'm guessing that's where they got my number. Thankfully, the calls have stopped now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricardo Shillyshally

Ask them what they are wearing. Also if they like sausage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...