McNulty

Thomaso

The Internet
12 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

This is why, on balance, VAR needs Introduced to Scotland - we’d have had two pens against Rangers and a sending off last night with VAR.

Its not perfect but it’s better than what we have

It's really not. Keep it as far away as possible imo. 

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• Mikey1874

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hackney Hearts

Playing devil's advocate for a moment, perhaps in real time (and from his position) Clancy thought it was one of those tangles where a player can't avoid landing with a foot on the grounded opposition player - being honest, I'm not sure I was 100% what he'd done as it was happening, and I was wondering why Clare was rolling around clutching his back after being barged to the ground. With no reaction from the crowd right beside it, Clancy didn't have anything else to inform his judgement.

Of course, as soon as you watch a replay it's about as blatant a stamp as you could ever see, probably worse than Sproule's - he's in the air and comes down on one foot, meaning his whole body weight goes through his studs and into Clare's back. Definite ban coming, and I'm sure Clancy will agree it should have been a straight red.

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

His right foot touched Clare's back more often than it touched the baw. If this hadn't happened and someone told me he wasn't playing I'd believe it. 

Immediately after, you see Scott Allan griping that Hibs weren't given the throw in. He may have a point (not that I'm complaining). Bozzy headed the ball towards the touchline and Clare shielded it out. 

Who knows what the linesman was looking at? When I've done the job, it involves watching either the back line for offside (not appropriate at this point) or checking to see whether the ball crosses the line - which you'd have expected him to be doing when the ball's going close to the line. But he's looking nowhere near the area of play. 

The ref, on the other hand, is looking directly at the ball with nobody in his line of sight. 

No excuse for missing it. 

52 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

This is why, on balance, VAR needs Introduced to Scotland - we’d have had two pens against Rangers and a sending off last night with VAR.

VAR decisions have to be triggered by requests from match officials who we already know to be incompetent (or, if you'd believe some, bent). It's only as good as its operators and in Scotland, the problem isn't the technology. 

Glad we pumped them with 11 men as that would have given them the excuse but agree it should have been a red. Let's hope the compliance officer picks up on this

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Seems to be plenty of media attention given to this. I would be amazed if the compliance officer doesn't take a look at this.

9 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Playing devil's advocate for a moment, perhaps in real time (and from his position) Clancy thought it was one of those tangles where a player can't avoid landing with a foot on the grounded opposition player - being honest, I'm not sure I was 100% what he'd done as it was happening, and I was wondering why Clare was rolling around clutching his back after being barged to the ground. With no reaction from the crowd right beside it, Clancy didn't have anything else to inform his judgement.

Of course, as soon as you watch a replay it's about as blatant a stamp as you could ever see, probably worse than Sproule's - he's in the air and comes down on one foot, meaning his whole body weight goes through his studs and into Clare's back. Definite ban coming, and I'm sure Clancy will agree it should have been a straight red.

I've seen these not given.

But even the Hibs fans last night were all saying it's a red. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Hackney Hearts
3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Whats incredible is how the linesman doesn’t see it.. just how??

Because at the moment of the stamp he (for reasons best known to himself) is looking straight out across the pitch.

The referee does - from a camera angle behind him - appear to be facing the incident... BUT we don't know which direction his eyes are looking. The ball had gone out and there was some controversy over whose throw it was - it would only have taken a one second glance towards the linesman to miss the exact moment of the stamp. Playing devil's advocate again! But really, there has to be some explanation, because I'm sure Clancy would have shown red if he'd fully seen what happened.

1 hour ago, graygo said:

True if you think our relegation rivals will win 6 or 7 games before the end of the season.

Personally I doubt it.

So we're agreed its preferable that they start getting beat a lot, even by Hibs if needs must ?

annushorribilis III
8 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Because at the moment of the stamp he (for reasons best known to himself) is looking straight out across the pitch.

The referee does - from a camera angle behind him - appear to be facing the incident... BUT we don't know which direction his eyes are looking. The ball had gone out and there was some controversy over whose throw it was - it would only have taken a one second glance towards the linesman to miss the exact moment of the stamp. Playing devil's advocate again! But really, there has to be some explanation, because I'm sure Clancy would have shown red if he'd fully seen what happened.

I think you're right because if you see the pic of the incident, all the Hobos are protesting about something (as though they're  looking in the direction of the asst ref) , no one is watching the incident - which is why I think the sleekit scumbag did it : he thought no one would notice. 

Rogue Daddy

Don't know if any of you have heard this or not... but a Jambo colleague of mine showed me a txt (that had been forwarded to him from one of his Hubz pals), from a McNulty 'family member' (allegedly) stating something along the lines of "...get some money on the lad getting booked tonight. Getting 11/2 at the moment. I've money on it"... I can't remember the exact wording, but that was the gist.

May well be a load of crap, but there doesn't really seem to be a reason for the stamp -I mean, it's not like him and Clare had been going 'at it' for the whole 18 minutes or so.🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

Couldn't disagree more. 

I was at Goodison on Sunday and witnessed VAR live at the end when Everton had a goal disallowed. 

My opinion is that officials normally make what they think is the correct decision. Sometimes it works in your favour, sometimes it doesn't. Not for me. 

Rogue Daddy

If/when it does come in... I would hope it would be 'manned' by non-nationals. I heard something on the news stating that if it came to Scotland it would be governed by UEFA (?) which is different to how the English Premiership run things... I'll need to read up on it as not 100% sure, but it was something along these lines. Not too sure what they mean by this... I would hope that it implies that the VAR part of things would be overseen by European officials. We can only hope!

Unknown user

Nah, VAR hasn't made English football fairer or more foolproof so it's not worth the expense in equipment or manpower. I also really dislike the disruption to the flow of games, not for me.

VAR is utter pish. They can't make. It work at a world cup, it's ruined the EPL... But it'll work in Scotland, aye? :lol:

Fxxx the SPFL
54 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

after Griffiths getting off with his stamp who knows.

32 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Don't know if any of you have heard this or not... but a Jambo colleague of mine showed me a txt (that had been forwarded to him from one of his Hubz pals), from a McNulty 'family member' (allegedly) stating something along the lines of "...get some money on the lad getting booked tonight. Getting 11/2 at the moment. I've money on it"... I can't remember the exact wording, but that was the gist.

May well be a load of crap, but there doesn't really seem to be a reason for the stamp -I mean, it's not like him and Clare had been going 'at it' for the whole 18 minutes or so.🤷‍♂️

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest!! There was another incident not long after the stamp where he had a bit of a kick at someone, I’d need to see the match again to remember the incident but he seemed an angry laddie last night for some reason.

McNulty might get away with it because for the CO to raise a formal notice of complaint the ref has to confirm he didn't see it, which seems impossible and even if he says it was unseen, it then goes to 3 ex refs who need to all confirm it should be a red.

Hectormasson
29 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

What was even worse was the Hibbie scumbags in the stands applauding the stamp by McNulty.

Smelly green b......s ,   just rats with rags on "🤮🤮🤮🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Rogue Daddy
5 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

McNulty might get away with it because for the CO to raise a formal notice of complaint the ref has to confirm he didn't see it, which seems impossible and even if he says it was unseen, it then goes to 3 ex refs who need to all confirm it should be a red.

...I thought that the only way he can be retro-red carded, was if the referee hadn't already dished out punishment? Which he obviously didn't.

I think they have to do something... especially in the wake of their last PR disaster with Inverness.

If not... I feel a wee email to Mr Lineker might be in order!

18 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

No chance he’ll get away with it.

13 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

...I thought that the only way he can be retro-red carded, was if the referee hadn't already dished out punishment? Which he obviously didn't.

I think they have to do something... especially in the wake of their last PR disaster with Inverness.

If not... I feel a wee email to Mr Lineker might be in order!

2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

No chance he’ll get away with it.

You wouldn't think so but remember Morelos committed 3 red card offences in one game but Beaton said he saw them all clearly so nothing done.

Aaah, right.

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

I didn't think it was deliberate, just really stupid. I agree with the ref on this one, it was a foul in the box, but not all fouls are yellow, and a handball doesnt need to be deliberate to be a handball.

It is one of those rules that is open to criticism because it is up to the ref to make his mind up whenther it was intentional or not. Lets face it in many cases the only person who knows that is the player that handles the ball.

How do you know that Stevenson was not just deliberately  handling the ball~? His hands were in an un-natural position even using them as an aide to getting up in the air.

Although in many instances it can be a bit harsh on players I think if you are deemed to have handled the ball in the box and a penalty is given then a yellow card should be issued that would hopefully remove any doubt about how the decision has been reached.

The Apprentice
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Or he admits that he made a mistake. Clancy should have been dragged into Hampden this morning to explain himself.  Thankfully we took care of the business anyway but no thanks to that clown!

Unknown user
26 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It is one of those rules that is open to criticism because it is up to the ref to make his mind up whenther it was intentional or not. Lets face it in many cases the only person who knows that is the player that handles the ball.

How do you know that Stevenson was not just deliberately  handling the ball~? His hands were in an un-natural position even using them as an aide to getting up in the air.

Although in many instances it can be a bit harsh on players I think if you are deemed to have handled the ball in the box and a penalty is given then a yellow card should be issued that would hopefully remove any doubt about how the decision has been reached.

It was Allan, and I don't think it was deliberate because it didn't look deliberate to me, it's exactly the kind of aerial challengeI I expect from a ball playing midfielder. It's also pretty damn unlikely he chose to deliberately give away a penalty from a bread and butter corner - this wasn't a shot racing toward the top corner. 

It was a foul in the box and therefore a penalty, justice was done for me.

Edited by Smithee

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Yip. 

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Nah, 

Every handball in the box(or anywhere) shouldn't be a automatic yellow card. 

It does seem unfair if he only gets a 2 game ban because if he had been sent off that's what he would have received anyway, so by being able to play on last night he will have benefited from the referee's mistake.

11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It was Allan, and I don't think it was deliberate because it didn't look deliberate to me, it's exactly the kind of aerial challengeI I expect from a ball playing midfielder. It's also pretty damn unlikely he chose to deliberately give away a penalty from a bread and butter corner - this wasn't a shot racing toward the top corner. 

That was the BT Sport refs opinion , I was screaming second yellow but once i watched it again I got his position to only give the penalty. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

VAR is utter pish. They can't make. It work at a world cup, it's ruined the EPL... But it'll work in Scotland, aye? :lol:

It needs changed, buit helps get the big decisions correct, even if it is annoying. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yes you are correct it was Allan. I still think that it is difficult for a ref to know if it is intentional or not. If he saw McNulty putting his boot on Clare's back he may have thought that was unintenional which is maybe why he never booked him.

It could be of course that he never saw it and surprisingly enough never did the linesman who was looking straight at the players.

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

So we're agreed its preferable that they start getting beat a lot, even by Hibs if needs must ?

Preferable yes, needed no.

4 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

It's really not. Keep it as far away as possible imo. 

It really is 😊 #dinosaur

5 hours ago, wavydavy said:

That's what I though then I heard the BT Ref saying that giving away the penalty was sufficient and no need for a second yellow.

That is a stupid rule. So if he deliberately handles the ball outside the box it's a booking but because he gives away the penalty that is seen as sufficient punishment.

So that actually encourages players to commit fouls in the box without fear of being sent of.

Seems a strange "rule".

51 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It needs changed, buit helps get the big decisions correct, even if it is annoying. 

I dunno. Some of the decisions and offsides have been extremely harsh. 

VAR in Scotland would mean OF weegie refs getting a second look at giving the OF a penalty. :laugh2: it'll make it worse. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I dunno. Some of the decisions and offsides have been extremely harsh. 

VAR in Scotland would mean OF weegie refs getting a second look at giving the OF a penalty. :laugh2: it'll make it worse. 

Most if not all offsides have been correct tho. The offside rule probably needs adjusted now,  for example a hand can't be offside, but that's the rules not var. 

The handball rule is the problem imo, again not var tho. 

Off topic, but var needs tweaked and adjusted no doubt but it's a step forward. 

I still say that the review should be initiated by the team, this takes the decision and associated problems away with calling it, (ie calling for a review more times for one team over another) 

Tennis, 3 challenges type thing. 

Pasquale for King

****ing crazy challenge, you could see it if like Sproule it was out of frustration at the end of the game. As for him getting done, he should but it’s the SFA after all 

2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

There's seeing it and registering that it happened.

Can still issue a ban. 

1 hour ago, jimbojambo said:

It does seem unfair if he only gets a 2 game ban because if he had been sent off that's what he would have received anyway, so by being able to play on last night he will have benefited from the referee's mistake.

We benefited from him being on the park. 

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Only problem is that I could easily see a room full of ex-referees sitting in a room making bigoted jokes whilst not giving a red even after seeing the footage, on some fatuous "clear and obvious" bs

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Yes you are correct it was Allan. I still think that it is difficult for a ref to know if it is intentional or not. If he saw McNulty putting his boot on Clare's back he may have thought that was unintenional which is maybe why he never booked him.

It could be of course that he never saw it and surprisingly enough never did the linesman who was looking straight at the players.

Linesman was looking into the pitch. Clancy had a clear view of it though. If that was against the OF it would be a career ender, like McLean almost made with Dafour on Saturday in among all the imagined fouls he did pick us up for...

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Most if not all offsides have been correct tho. The offside rule probably needs adjusted now,  for example a hand can't be offside, but that's the rules not var. 

The handball rule is the problem imo, again not var tho. 

Off topic, but var needs tweaked and adjusted no doubt but it's a step forward. 

I still say that the review should be initiated by the team, this takes the decision and associated problems away with calling it, (ie calling for a review more times for one team over another) 

Tennis, 3 challenges type thing. 

That's not entirely true mate, VAR said Sterling was offside this season, he wasn't. It said he was 24mm offside, VARs margin of error is 130mm. So it cannot actually say for certain. I'm sure Sheff Utd got done out of a good goal by it as well. 

I agree, if they are going to use it, it needs changed. Offside rule needs sorted, handball and it should only be used to overturn a bad decision given by the ref, it should not used to change a decision a ref or linesman has completely missed  (apart from offsides) imo.

Totally agree with your point on challenges like Tennis, I think that would be a good thing. Maybe 1 per team, per half so that would come down to a decision outside of offsides which go through VAR anyway. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

That's not entirely true mate, VAR said Sterling was offside this season, he wasn't. It said he was 24mm offside, VARs margin of error is 130mm. So it cannot actually say for certain. I'm sure Sheff Utd got done out of a good goal by it as well. 

I agree, if they are going to use it, it needs changed. Offside rule needs sorted, handball and it should only be used to overturn a bad decision given by the ref, it should not used to change a decision a ref or linesman has completely missed  (apart from offsides) imo.

Totally agree with your point on challenges like Tennis, I think that would be a good thing. Maybe 1 per team, per half so that would come down to a decision outside of offsides which go through VAR anyway. 

Most then, must be over 95% correct? 

Even then, Again if a human has ignored the margin for error agreed and over turned a decision then that's not VAR, it's the dafty using it not following the guidelines. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Most then, must be over 95% correct? 

Even then, Again if a human has ignored the margin for error agreed and over turned a decision then that's not VAR, it's the dafty using it not following the guidelines. 

I dunno, it depends what percentage would be classed as clear and obvious. Many decisions have gone through 15 camera angles and they've had to draw that line across the screen which has that margin of error and shouldn't be used in the first place. 

If they can't tell looking at one replay, then the decision shouldn't be overturned. That is what IFAB have said.

Wolves v Liverpool was another one they made an arse of. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I dunno, it depends what percentage would be classed as clear and obvious. Many decisions have gone through 15 camera angles and they've had to draw that line across the screen which has that margin of error and shouldn't be used in the first place. 

If they can't tell looking at one replay, then the decision shouldn't be overturned. That is what IFAB have said.

Wolves v Liverpool was another one they made an arse of. 

Again, VAR is fine it's the dafties using it not applying the rules correctly. 

It's a new thing, it needs to be calibrated and the folk using it need to follow the rules on it, but I think it's a good thing. 

The rules also need to be clear. 

Change is never easy. 

Tbh, there's no easy way. 

Folk moaning about McNulty not being sent off. 

VAR would have caught that. 

Folk also  moan about VAR being shit. 

What to do.... 

If used properly it's a good tool imo. 

Just another point to keep with the topic. 

McNulty should have been sent off, that goes without saying but imo, I don't believe VAR should have overturned that because the officials missed it. I think that should come under retrospective punishment by the FA. 

Whereas Jack's tackle on Smith, should have been overturned to a red because the ref gave the foul and booking but made the wrong decision. 

That's where I am on VAR because it ruins the game if VAR starts to referee the match. It ruins the flow and fluidity if it starts saying you missed this and should have given a foul or pen here. 

As I've said many times, how far do you go if you go down that route.

Team A could have a corner, that shouldn't have been a corner in the first place. The corners taken and there is a foul in the box. The ref misses it and Team B go up the other end and score. Under VAR at the moment, they give a pen to Team A and chop off Team B's goal but.... It wasn't a corner in the first instance, so who has been unfairly penalised? 

That is why VAR doesn't work. That needs to be changed. 

It has to be the Referee, the man on the pitch but merely used to overturn a wrong decision that they have made. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Again, VAR is fine it's the dafties using it not applying the rules correctly. 

It's a new thing, it needs to be calibrated and the folk using it need to follow the rules on it, but I think it's a good thing. 

The rules also need to be clear. 

Change is never easy. 

Tbh, there's no easy way. 

Folk moaning about McNulty not being sent off. 

VAR would have caught that. 

Folk also  moan about VAR being shit. 

What to do.... 

If used properly it's a good tool imo. 

It's not mate. It needs completely changed to both clear and obvious and it should oy overturn decisions made by the ref, reason? As stated below. 

Just another point to keep with the topic. 

McNulty should have been sent off, that goes without saying but imo, I don't believe VAR should have overturned that because the officials missed it. I think that should come under retrospective punishment by the FA. 

Whereas Jack's tackle on Smith, should have been overturned to a red because the ref gave the foul and booking but made the wrong decision. 

That's where I am on VAR because it ruins the game if VAR starts to referee the match. It ruins the flow and fluidity if it starts saying you missed this and should have given a foul or pen here. 

As I've said many times, how far do you go if you go down that route.

Team A could have a corner, that shouldn't have been a corner in the first place. The corners taken and there is a foul in the box. The ref misses it and Team B go up the other end and score. Under VAR at the moment, they give a pen to Team A and chop off Team B's goal but.... It wasn't a corner in the first instance, so who has been unfairly penalised? 

That is why VAR doesn't work. That needs to be changed. 

It has to be the Referee, the man on the pitch but merely used to overturn a wrong decision that they have made. 

Bazzas right boot

It's not mate. It needs completely changed to both clear and obvious and it should oy overturn decisions made by the ref, reason? As stated below. 

The challenge system helps eliminate a lot of issues. 

If you don't challenge, in your corner example, tough tittie. 

Pretty simple fixes tbh.

Many sports use technology. 

Clear and obvious, I agree but again it's not the actual VAR principle that's wrong, it's the dafties using it. 

17 hours ago, cosanostra said:

He'll be in trouble.

Jack Dross claiming he was unaware of the incident. 😂😂😂🤔🤔🤔😂😂😂

:interehjrling: