McNulty

Thomaso

48 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Not sure I agree about that bit in bold. It's just as grey as football, and certainly when it comes to things the TMO gets involved in at times. It's also not used for every decision, only at tries and for possible foul play.

For football, in my opinion offsides within the margin of error should be left as whatever the on field decision was.

If the referee makes a clear and obvious error when he has made a decision, VAR should point it out to him and he should review it on the field imo. 

If he misses something completely then then the opposition should be allowed to make a challenge. Again, just imo.

Maybe we should only use it for offsides. 

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• Mikey1874

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rogue Daddy
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I thought (down south) it was used for 'goals' and 'penalty' decisions only? Might be wrong...

If it was to be used up here, i also think it should be used for straight reds (even if missed by the ref).

26 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

So as a formal notice of complaint has been issued Clancy has said he didnt see it and all 3 ex refs believe it should have been a red card?

Really should be an open and shut case however.....

Lord Beni of Gorgie
37 minutes ago, theshed said:

Probably be out the Hamilton game now when we need a hibs win 

Not that he’s any good anyway 

Alanis Morrisette could not have written things better. 

Sounds radical, but I really do think such bans should be served against the team that you committed the crime. Of course some bans may never be served, a bit of a double whammy on this occasion (though of course result was never in doubt) he is allowed to continue against the victim of the crime and is banned further compounding the victims set of circumstances.

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

That's a change.

Normally you get offered a ban and hearing only happens if you don't accept it. 

Why do the SFA use the term 'offered' a ban, like, it's their choice.... how about naw - yer banned! End of! PRRRR****CCCKK!

The Apprentice
29 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

I notice on that list the Hamilton lad who was sent off against us had his red card rescinded. 

And Clancy was the referee who sent him off! Really keeping his chums at Hampden busy.

The Internet
2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Offsides have been the most shambolic. Some of them weren't even offside. Plus you'd need actual technology and not just some boy looking at a replay since it's literally impossible to tell if a player was offside at the precise instant the ball was kicked in a lot of cases. It's so bad. 

davemclaren
40 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Alanis Morrisette could not have written things better. 

Sounds radical, but I really do think such bans should be served against the team that you committed the crime. Of course some bans may never be served, a bit of a double whammy on this occasion (though of course result was never in doubt) he is allowed to continue against the victim of the crime and is banned further compounding the victims set of circumstances.

What about normal sending offs? 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
19 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, but when Naismith does it on brown it's great banter. 

He should have Been sent of, but assault, ffs. Calm doon. 

Clueless, Hibs loving drivel.

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

What part do you disagree with? 

Do you not think McNulty should have been sent off? 

Rogue Daddy
26 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Does Clancy get suspended for being a useless cheating twit

Doubt it. There's not enough hours in the day to retrospectively admonish our refs for all their errors! 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Dallas Green said:

I notice on that list the Hamilton lad who was sent off against us had his red card rescinded. 

Correct decision, imo. Of course, I'm glad it happened in the first place. :)

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

That's a change.

Normally you get offered a ban and hearing only happens if you don't accept it. 

He has been offered two match ban, effective immediately. If he wishes to appeal the appeal is 9/3. Usual procedure. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

What about normal sending offs? 

No. Punishment is there in the game.  Would be double jeopardy 

davemclaren
Just now, Sir Gio said:

No. Punishment is there in the game.  Would be double jeopardy 

Even if they're sent off in the 89th minute?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, davemclaren said:

Even if they're sent off in the 89th minute?

Yeah. Though I'm sure there may be scenarios. 

I wouldn't be averse to it applying to all reds though. 

alwaysthereinspirit
6 minutes ago, How's my driving said:

Jack Ross more concerned with his striker options than condoning McNulty's actions

Well not quite.  As others have said though. Two game ban is nowhere near enough. Cowardly little scum bag should have got 3 minimum.

Jambo, Goodbye
18 minutes ago, How's my driving said:

Jack Ross more concerned with his striker options than condoning McNulty's actions

That's how I read it too. Didn't come across as having even an ounce of regret over his player's behavior or attitude towards a fellow professional.

Still hurting then Jack? 

:smugger:

Kidd’s Boots

Trying to be objective about this scenario, but keep coming back to the position of the seriousness of the incident. It feels almost too easy to not appeal the notice of complaint instead of answering to a panel. Any street on a Saturday night in Edinburgh where CCTV captured this would certainly require a visit to the headmasters office on the Monday morning...

1 hour ago, How's my driving said:

Jack Ross more concerned with his stalking options than condoning McNulty's actions

FTFY.

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Should be more imo.

He stamps fairly high up and with some force which can be extremely dangerous. 

This. That could have caused some serious damage. A two game ban is wholly insufficient.

2 hours ago, How's my driving said:

Why would he condone it? 

Ex member of the SaS

Hibs fans want him banned for longer, that to me means they should make Hibs play him every week for the rest of the season.😊

8 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Hibs fans want him banned for longer, that to me means they should make Hibs play him every week for the rest of the season.😊

He was the same last season. Good for his first few games then totally ineffective. Toss up between him, Allan and that pony central defender for worst player on Tuesday. 

17 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Absolutely correct. Mc Nutters stamp was deliberate. Naismith tackled Brown and accidentally caught him full force in the baws. Totally different scenarios.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
Just now, OldGorgie said:

Absolutely correct. Mc Nutters stamp was deliberate. Naismith tackled Brown and accidentally caught him full force in the baws. Totally different scenarios.

I know. Only one particular Hibs fan fails to grasp that, though.