We’ve got a diamond Daniel Stendel.

The Roller

1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

All done with Levein's players... 

Not so sure Levein would have played the same formation and left Naismith on the bench though.

Governor Tarkin
9 hours ago, Mort said:

What a difference attacking football makes. We should have scored more and the manager upset about even conceding one. Some Levein backers and anti DS posters on here should be ashamed. 

7 hours ago, BobbyCox said:

Their silence is deafening...

The time for recrimination is over, chaps. Let's just enjoy the ride for what it is.

3 hours ago, Redhelen said:

How can you not love being tied together with rope!!! Seriously though, Daniel does make training fun and he's always looking to try new ideas,  to improve the team.

Had to read that twice , thought aye aye kickbacks descended into debauchery early today. 

I have zero concerns about Stendel 😉 

Well I have one and thats the Scottish Press but he seems strong enough to not let them bother him.

2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Ropes, goggles and now chickens.......wait till the media hear this.

😂😂 Tbf they were clucking around chickening out of things earlier in the season....

Edited by sadj

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Had to read that twice , thought aye aye kickbacks descended into debauchery early today. 

Well I have one and thats the Scottish Press but he seems strong enough to not let them bother him.

Don't worry about that, circulation continues to fall amongst the red tops. They'll be out the box sooner rather than later. The German Press however, that's hopefully here to stay 😉

Just now, jambo_74 said:

Don't worry about that, circulation continues to fall amongst the red tops. They'll be out the box sooner rather than later. The German Press however, that's hopefully here to stay 😉

👌🏻😂

34 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The time for recrimination is over, chaps. Let's just enjoy the ride for what it is.

True, you’re right. To me it’s all about staying up this year and ensuring Stendel stays longer term to build.

Voice of reason

Strachan was great, as was McCoist. They both seemed really positive about Daniel (“he got every single decision right tonight”), even through to saying they loved his post match interview. So much better and fairer than those clowns on Sportsound and Sportscene who clearly have agendas.

Bazzas right boot

He's adapted. 

Hopefully can keep us up and we can look forward to next season under him. 

A cup win would be a nice bonus. 

59 minutes ago, sadj said:

I hadn't realised they'd been quite so brutal but he's obviously not taking it too badly. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

Really like him and so pleased for him.

Last night was a massive result and past two games have shown we can play a little more solid but going forward we're exciting. 

Motherwell, St Midden, Livi, County. Great chance to put a run together. 

Hopefully, these are the games we've struggled with recently, hopefully a corner turned. 

heartsfc_fan
13 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Strachan was great, as was McCoist. They both seemed really positive about Daniel (“he got every single decision right tonight”), even through to saying they loved his post match interview. So much better and fairer than those clowns on Sportsound and Sportscene who clearly have agendas.

Agreed

There was a lot of valid opinions on Stendel, most of all we couldn’t stick with the joker we had in goals, Smith should be full back and he had to move away from his original plan of all out attack. We simply don’t have the players to play his way as yet. He had to adapt and find a winning formula. 

From what we were seeing in games it was right to question some of what he was doing, that shouldn’t be confused with not supporting him or wanting him gone. We just needed to see results. Now the next ask is to get some consistency and start beating teams outside of the ‘big games’ so to speak. 

If we stay up and he he gets backed well in the Summer then there’s no doubt everyone should be excited for next season.

We have been absolutley all over the place at the back recently so whatever work Stendel has been doing with the players in training has paid off.

Having Smith in his natural position has made a difference and I do not like saying this but Souttar getting injured has helped us. He has been brutal and big Clevid has come in and has been outstanding.

Dikamona gets slated on here by some but he is a big no nonsense defender who gives everything. He's exactly what we have been needing. Not the first time he's put a MOTM performance in at Easter Road. He was outstanding in the Olly Lee derby as well.

4 hours ago, Redhelen said:

As  long as he feels he can progress your club. He's ambitious and I can see him wanting to get back into a club that could challenge for the English premier league. Enjoy him while you can!

The thing is it’s not a massive loss when he does move on to a bigger budget club, he’s done the donkey work, he’s got the squad fit, and playing attacking high press football, with the aim of giving the fans excitement and entertainment, the footballing philosophy that the Hearts board wanted to implement, as been, it’s still fairly new but it’s getting there, when Stendel leaves, top young up and coming coaches who want to play high energy attacking pressing football will be all over this job like a rash, the hard work is being done now, The footballing philosophy the club now as, will appeal to a lot of head coaches all over Europe. 

The Internet
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's adapted. 

Hopefully can keep us up and we can look forward to next season under him. 

A cup win would be a nice bonus. 

A cup win beating rangers, hibs and celtic on the way would be more than a nice bonus. 

Big Slim Stylee
9 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

He's really only been here for 5 minutes and has had to cope with our usual quota of illness and injury.  So many players have improved significantly on his watch and we are now entertaining and scoring.

Haring could play a key role on his return and it appears that Bobby has improved out of sight with the new coaching.

Win the next two and we'll be breathing more easily.  Vanquishing Hibs and rangers in 4 days is terrific.

He’s a decent shot stopper Doug but he’s still a bombscare.

1 hour ago, NlGHTMARE said:

The thing is it’s not a massive loss when he does move on to a bigger budget club, he’s done the donkey work, he’s got the squad fit, and playing attacking high press football, with the aim of giving the fans excitement and entertainment, the footballing philosophy that the Hearts board wanted to implement, as been, it’s still fairly new but it’s getting there, when Stendel leaves, top young up and coming coaches who want to play high energy attacking pressing football will be all over this job like a rash, the hard work is being done now, The footballing philosophy the club now as, will appeal to a lot of head coaches all over Europe. 

I agree, that's the theory! You ll miss the passion!

15 hours ago, red said:

Huge credit to DS tonight. We bossed that game for 70-80 mins of the 90! 

was worried when I say Bozanic and Damour in middle but they didn’t give Hibs an inch tonight. 

Who'd have thought they would form a decent partnership.

Ex member of the SaS
7 hours ago, Redhelen said:

How can you not love being tied together with rope!!! Seriously though, Daniel does make training fun and he's always looking to try new ideas,  to improve the team.

You appear to have some kinky ideas, Can I join you and bring my video camera?

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

He’s a decent shot stopper Doug but he’s still a bombscare.

Imagine C Gordon in the sticks. Great attacking team and a defence as strong as the old castle rock.

highlandjambo3
4 hours ago, sadj said:

😂😂 Tbf they were clucking around chickening out of things earlier in the season....

I think that maybe their eggspectations were to high

Bazzas right boot

He pulled one Out of the hat tbh. 

Anyone watching us v Rangers would have identified our biggest threat as Naismith, he won everything in the air. 

3 days later, leaves him out. 

Hibs Likley built thier defensive plans around stopping Naismith 

Then he doesn't play! 

Poor Jack must have been bamboozled. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

A cup win beating rangers, hibs and celtic on the way would be more than a nice bonus. 

Very nice? 

Neverforgetfiveone
15 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Poo poo post alert. 

Its been ****ing obvious Smith and Clare needed to be reversed. 

Better late than never Diamond Stendel  :)

I’d been saying the same for weeks about Smith going to full back and Claire moving up one. The penny has obviously dropped.

We look a far stronger outfit with the players playing in their natural positions. Maybe it’s taken a few weeks to get Bosanic and Damour into line but they should be playing!! It’s their natural position in midfield. Make them play and take responsibility. 

With the two sitting midfielders and the current back 4 we shouldn’t have too many defensive concerns and we have the front player to go win is the games!!

Bazzas right boot

Very nice? 

Possibly the only thing I've ever hoped for that came true.

Wanted Stendel as Hearts manager when he was at Barnsley, couldn't believe it when it happened. It was just meant to be, perfect timing. 

He could turn us into a really good side next season. Proper pre season, new players, all that. 

:pleasing:

If he keeps us up and gets us to a final, longer deal required.  🤞 

It would be our greatest ever. Better than 98. 

Hands up, I had lost a bit of faith prior to the Rangers game, but the adjustments he has made to the team in the last couple of games, dropping the defensive line back 10 yards and a more compact shape have shown that he does have the tactical flexibility to be a big success at Hearts.

Pasquale for King
15 hours ago, Dude Lebowski said:

Ye we had the best defence. We also had a great attack and when we lost the ball anywhere on the pitch, we got it back again within seconds. A bit like how you are now playing. I was at Tynecastle, your castle last Saturday to watch you beat Rangers and enjoyed every minute of it. Good luck to you all and to Daniel and his staff. Look after them. Up the Jambo’s.

Thanks mate, hope you come back to see us again. Good luck in the league, hope you stay up.

6 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Hands up, I had lost a bit of faith prior to the Rangers game, but the adjustments he has made to the team in the last couple of games, dropping the defensive line back 10 yards and a more compact shape have shown that he does have the tactical flexibility to be a big success at Hearts.

Snap.

Stendel had to make several changes or he was toast.

He took too long to make some real obvious alterations imo but I’m glad he finally did as I want him to be a success.

I was someone who was starting to have serious doubts about Stendel’s ability to turn us around. This was based on results, and the early games where we had a gaping chasm at the back that teams just utilised all game with long balls. 

He has addressed this issue, and most importantly we are a far more complete looking unit than we were. Stringing together back to back wins is massive, and we really need to string more on to that.

I’m about ready to be confident again, because that was like watching the Hearts I grew up watching. Going in to a derby with blunderbuses in our hands against Hibs and their spud guns.

We are t out the woods yet, and we need to string league wins together now to really get ourselves clear of the malaise, but I’m just about confident we can do that now.

He was too gung ho when he came in. I think he wanted to get points quickly and he persisted with it. He has never panicked, he knew there was plenty time to find his team and experiment. Now I think he has his team and the way he wants to play for now. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

I’d been saying the same for weeks about Smith going to full back and Claire moving up one. The penny has obviously dropped.

We look a far stronger outfit with the players playing in their natural positions. Maybe it’s taken a few weeks to get Bosanic and Damour into line but they should be playing!! It’s their natural position in midfield. Make them play and take responsibility. 

With the two sitting midfielders and the current back 4 we shouldn’t have too many defensive concerns and we have the front player to go win is the games!!

There was a period, that Sean Clare was being spoken of as our first choice full back. I liked Clare coming in last night off the left on to his right. We are getting players into slots they properly fit, with a decent bench. Having Naismith to come on for the last 25 minutes was nice I have to say

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He was too gung ho when he came in. I think he wanted to get points quickly and he persisted with it. He has never panicked, he knew there was plenty time to find his team and experiment. Now I think he has his team and the way he wants to play for now. 

Agree, hope on Saturday, there is intent, but with a strong structure. Saturday and again last night, looked as if they were learning when to press and when not to

23 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Hope so. If he does it again against Motherwell this Saturday, in a less high profile game, then I will be absolutely convinced you are correct. I so want you to be.

Dropping Periera is also been completely key.

If Bobby was in goals maybe 3 games earlier, we would have had more points.  In these games where Periera was letting in everything, we were also chasing the games, so he had to be more offensive.

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

There was a period, that Sean Clare was being spoken of as our first choice full back. I liked Clare coming in last night off the left on to his right. We are getting players into slots they properly fit, with a decent bench. Having Naismith to come on for the last 25 minutes was nice I have to say

Two key changes; Smith back to right back and Pereira sat on the bench. We look a lot more solid and not being a goal or two down early in a match makes it a lot easier for us to win it!

Edited by Mr Elwood P

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Two key changes; Smith back to right back and Pereira sat on the bench. We look a lot more solid and not being a goal or two down early in a match makes it a lot easier for us to win it!

Pretty much what I just posted above you.

Dropping Pereira has been key.    It means Stendel doesn't have to have 5 forwards on chasing goals that should have been easily saved.

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Pretty much what I just posted above you.

Dropping Pereira has been key.    It means Stendel doesn't have to have 5 forwards on chasing goals that should have been easily saved.

Yeah think we posted it at the exact same time. We've also benefited from Dikamona coming in and being in the form of his life.

Willie Hamilton genius
8 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Ropes, goggles and now chickens.......wait till the media hear this.

So, I wonder if Sportsound will give credit to Stendel tonight?

Imagine not!

MarkDevriesScores4

as far as I’m concerned, Stendel can have them training in tutu’s and flippers if it gets results like the last 2.

love how the bias media were slagging him for using techniques not otherwise known at other Scottish clubs. He has shown them up to be the ignorant egotistical ar$£wipe xenophobes we know they are.

i hope it gets brought up on sportsound and we can listen to the mob deny they were mocking DS.

Daniel answered his critics on the park. Maybe the “journalists/pundits” will think twice before having another go.