Switching Mobile Company - want to keep number

Gershwin

How is it you go about this again? Contracts up and Im getting shafted.

Chester™

Ask for your PAC number. Thats what you use when changing contracts. You might be lucky and have your current provider give you a better deal when they hear it.

Jed The Jedi

Phone them up mate and tell them you want your PAC code, they have to give you it.

Phone your new provider give them it and in 5 to 7 days bingo your number if transferred.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I've just done this with Orange as my contracts up and I want an iphone

They offered me a free Sony Ericsson C902 or a Samsung Tocco, a better cheaper tarriff, unlimited free calls to landlines, free data and a free 8Gb ipod touch

Carl Spackler

Once you start asking for your PAC code they start offering you better deals. The folk who are actually allowed to negotiate the deals are the ones of give you the PAC code.

Just call customer services and ask to speak to the Organ and not the Monkey Grinder.

Bear in mind that you can't keep your number if you're going from contract to Pay as you go with the same network provider. **** knows why, but that's the way it is, the exception being O2.

I got my number switched from O2 P&G to contract and it was dead easy, two days later it was changed. You will lose your service for a few hours (though they warn you it may be 24 hours).

The Old Tolbooth

It's not very often a mobile phone impresses me but the Samsung Tocco looks pretty smart, anyone got one that can tell me if I'm correct or not?

Bear in mind that you can't keep your number if you're going from contract to Pay as you go with the same network provider. **** knows why, but that's the way it is, the exception being O2.

I got my number switched from O2 P&G to contract and it was dead easy, two days later it was changed. You will lose your service for a few hours (though they warn you it may be 24 hours).

Yes you can. I've just changed mine from a contract to pay and go with T Mobile as I am off to Australia for the year and wanted to keep my number. One phone call and it was sorted.

Archived