We're not going to do it again, are we?

Bozi

Now I am not usually one of the "written in the stars" fandans but there are strange parallels with 2012 here.

club legend started the season off disastrously and gets sacked, most folk thought it was overdue.

We bring in a foreign coach.  

League season is massively forgettable, despite everyone arguing over the relative quality within the squad.

In desperation we bring in a striker who has scored goals in Scotland before. 

Hearts,Hibs,Celtic and (probably) Aberdeen in the semi finals. 

Please,please let us ruin wee Lennys day at Hampden and then hand Hibs their arses on a plate again

As much as I’d like to end Celtics chances of the quadruple treble, I’d much rather face Aberdeen or Hibs in the Semi and let the other take care of  Celtic. 

Spooky.

Still think the sacking of Jefferies was extremely harsh. It’s certainly not in the same ballpark as Levein’s.

We’d taken 31 points out of 33 at the start of 2011 and started 2011/12 with a couple of decent performances. Unfortunately we lost Kevin Kyle (another similarity with Naismith) and looked ok at the time. Hammered Rangers 1-1 at Ibrox and hammered Dundee Utd 0-1. I’m sure results would have improved under JJ and BB.

8 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Now I am not usually one of the "written in the stars" fandans but there are strange parallels with 2012 here.

club legend started the season off disastrously and gets sacked, most folk thought it was overdue.

We bring in a foreign coach.  

League season is massively forgettable, despite everyone arguing over the relative quality within the squad.

In desperation we bring in a striker who has scored goals in Scotland before. 

Hearts,Hibs,Celtic and (probably) Aberdeen in the semi finals. 

Please,please let us ruin wee Lennys day at Hampden and then hand Hibs their arses on a plate again

This league season has been anything but forgettable. 

1 minute ago, Shaggy2 said:

Spooky.

Still think the sacking of Jefferies was extremely harsh. It’s certainly not in the same ballpark as Levein’s.

We’d taken 31 points out of 33 at the start of 2011 and started 2011/12 with a couple of decent performances. Unfortunately we lost Kevin Kyle (another similarity with Naismith) and looked ok at the time. Hammered Rangers 1-1 at Ibrox and hammered Dundee Utd 0-1. I’m sure results would have improved under JJ and BB.

Spot on!

6 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

**** yeah.

Stay up, even via play off. 

Then off to Hampden to lift the Cup again 😎🏆

Not necessarily. Theres a midweek game and a full weekend card to play after the final this year. 

Tennant's  6's
Just now, trotter said:

Not necessarily. Theres a midweek game and a full weekend card to play after the final this year. 

Fair enough, didn't know that. That's a bit weird.

League is still priority obviously, gotta hope that we can build on this

4 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Spooky.

Remember getting into a lengthy "debate" with someone on here who said the whole squad was relegation worthy and JJ was taking us down.

August Landmesser
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

This league season has been anything but forgettable. 

Finish tenth and it'll be a big fat *meh* from me for the league games.

Just now, Tennant's 6's said:

Fair enough, didn't know that. That's a bit weird.

League is still priority obviously, gotta hope that we can build on this

I didn't either until my old man told me about 15 mins ago!! 

Agreed that a trophy would be lovely, but staying up should be the priority. 

6 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Spooky.

Away draw in Hungary too, after finishing 3rd the season before. JJ’s sacking was ridiculous tbh.

Just now, Mr 3 Putt said:

Sounds like a normal day on here.

I personally felt it was harsh but merited but some folk had us down at that stage of the season 

NaturalOrder74
3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

We're getting revenge on Celtic in the final and it's going to be magical.

:pleasing:

I'd rather we emptied them in the semi and then give the wee team another famous drilling 

17 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Win the cup and get relegated 

Works for me. Relegation can be undone next season, while the cup stays in the trophy cabinet forever.

13 hours ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

I'd rather we emptied them in the semi and then give the wee team another famous drilling 

This man gets it