Players Required

Cat Stevens

Cat Stevens

Gorgie United Churches F.C. are looking for new players for the coming season. We play in the East Of Scotland Churches Football Association. Don't be put off by the team name or what league it is or anything.

The league is made up of 15 teams this season. A mix of church teams and charity organisations. Games are played on Saturday mornings with a 10 o'clock kick off (still plenty time to get to Tynie afterwards for any brave season ticket holders out there). The majority of our matches are played at Meadowmill Sports Centre in Prestonpans with the rest scattered around Edinburgh. The furthest we have to travel is Livingston and Broxburn to face the 2 teams through there twice a season. We don't train at present but we're looking into starting a mid week kickabout. Nothing too strenuous.

We'll be beginning a few weeks of pre-season training before the league starts in mid August and I'd like to get a few new faces along to that for a trial. A combination of players getting new jobs, getting hitched and having babies etc has left us needing some new blood.

Priority position for us is a goalie. I've been the 'keeper for the past 7 or 8 seasons but I'm now working every 2nd Saturday so we need someone in. In terms of age range there's no restrictions. Our youngest player is 18 and the oldest is pushing 40.

We're a great bunch of guys and we have a laugh. Like I said; we don't train heavily and it's primarily a bunch of mates having a game on a Saturday morning. We do however enjoy a lot of success. Prior to the last season we had won the treble for 3 consecutive seasons. Last season we were beaten finalists in both cups. We did however manage to retain the league title.

If anyone is interested please PM me with your details, a little about your playing history and your preferred position etc and I'll make arrangements to get you along to a training session.

Cheers

Mark 'Cat' Stevens

Sorry to detract from the original point, but I'm helping set up a team for the coming season and if you were looking for a pre-season game at some point, drop me a PM and we could sort something out.

Walter Payton

How did you guys go in the league last season? I played in the league for a few seasons a few years ago and saw the cup final last season (brother-in-law plays for Port Seton).

Cat Stevens
Sorry to detract from the original point, but I'm helping set up a team for the coming season and if you were looking for a pre-season game at some point, drop me a PM and we could sort something out.

I'll keep it in mind mate. We'll be looking to sort 2 or 3 friendlies out before our league kicks off. What league are you entering?

Cat Stevens
How did you guys go in the league last season? I played in the league for a few seasons a few years ago and saw the cup final last season (brother-in-law plays for Port Seton).

Prior to the last season we had won the treble for 3 consecutive seasons. Last season we were beaten finalists in both cups. We did however manage to retain the league title.

If you attended one of the finals last season at Patties Road you'll have seen us in action. We won both cups last season. We play in blue and the goalie would have been a handsome chap resplendent in green from head to foot. The gaffer's a hibby and he thought it would be amusing to get me an all green goalie kit.

I'll keep it in mind mate. We'll be looking to sort 2 or 3 friendlies out before our league kicks off. What league are you entering?

The SSML.

It's basically a supporters league with teams like Dunfermline, Livingston, Hibs, etc in.

Obviously we're the Hearts lot.

Cat Stevens
The SSML.

It's basically a supporters league with teams like Dunfermline, Livingston, Hibs, etc in.

Obviously we're the Hearts lot.

Yeah we used to have a Pans Hearts team in that league a few years back.

Yeah we used to have a Pans Hearts team in that league a few years back.

Sent you a PM Cat.

Archived