My Bloody Valentine is coming.

Nelly Terraces

Nelly Terraces

16 LONG years in the waiting, but they?re back up here tomorrow. Anyone else going? Me & Mrs T are. Don?t think I?ve looked forward to a gig as much as this in bloody ages.

Saw them back in 1992 at the same place, The Barrowlands with then thrusting young bucks and labelmates Teenage Fanclub supporting (price ?10 ? I still have the ticket). It was ****ing brilliant. I?ve been dying to see them again since.

The reviews for the gigs in London/Manchester have been overwhelmingly good (i.e. http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/feature/51442-live-my-bloody-valentine). Apparently they?ve been dishin out earplugs at these shows due to the sheer volume. Actually, ma ears have just recovered fae the gig in ?92 (I mind people having to leave due to the mega meltdown sound of ?you made me realise?), so just in time to get them wrecked again heh heh.

Surely no finer purveyors of sheer guitar noise (coupled with those saccharine sweet vocals), it?s basically the mutts nuts if you like things a bit on the loud side but with an intelligent edge. Loveless must be one THE most groundbreaking lp?s of all time as well, and still sounds f?ing mental & gorgeous in equal measure even today. It was well worth almost bankrupting Creation records for anyway lol (dinnae think McGhee saw it that way)! Deffo in the NT top 5 all time faves. Freakin amazing sonic barrage of an album.

By way, there?s some not bad mixes (though I always though their body of work could be given some real treatment by someone) for you dance fiends (Mr Cosanostra) out there, but really, anyone who couldn?t dance their noggin off to some of the tunes on Loveless must have treetrunks for legs.

Cheers. See you by the amps (aye right:wacko:).

NT.

200milesfromgorgie
16 LONG years in the waiting, but they?re back up here tomorrow. Anyone else going? Me & Mrs T are. Don?t think I?ve looked forward to a gig as much as this in bloody ages.

Saw them back in 1992 at the same place, The Barrowlands with then thrusting young bucks and labelmates Teenage Fanclub supporting (price ?10 ? I still have the ticket). It was ****ing brilliant. I?ve been dying to see them again since.

The reviews for the gigs in London/Manchester have been overwhelmingly good (i.e. http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/feature/51442-live-my-bloody-valentine). Apparently they?ve been dishin out earplugs at these shows due to the sheer volume. Actually, ma ears have just recovered fae the gig in ?92 (I mind people having to leave due to the mega meltdown sound of ?you made me realise?), so just in time to get them wrecked again heh heh.

Surely no finer purveyors of sheer guitar noise (coupled with those saccharine sweet vocals), it?s basically the mutts nuts if you like things a bit on the loud side but with an intelligent edge. Loveless must be one THE most groundbreaking lp?s of all time as well, and still sounds f?ing mental & gorgeous in equal measure even today. It was well worth almost bankrupting Creation records for anyway lol (dinnae think McGhee saw it that way)! Deffo in the NT top 5 all time faves. Freakin amazing sonic barrage of an album.

By way, there?s some not bad mixes (though I always though their body of work could be given some real treatment by someone) for you dance fiends (Mr Cosanostra) out there, but really, anyone who couldn?t dance their noggin off to some of the tunes on Loveless must have treetrunks for legs.

NT.

One of my mate went to the ondon show and the other (yes i only have 2) went to manchester.

Both said it was the loudest gig they had ever been. (and we've all seen part chimp and melt banana!!)

Gigolo-Aunt

The revievs have been very good from what I have read.

Think there is/was a MBV box set just released?

Who is supporting the gig, Nelly? Sonic Boom (ex Spacemen 3) supported down south.

Nelly Terraces

Might be a boxset coming out Gig, not sure. I know there's not been one up until now.

A friend of a friend was the Manc show and said it was truly frighteningly loud. By way 200MFG, I saw Melt Banana (top screamy band by way - you clearly have taste) at the Garage in London when I lived there - loud, but not as bad as MBV in '92 - well 'You Made Me Realise' anyway.

Dunno whose supporting Gig, would like to think it'll be Sonic Boom though. Think I'll stick 'Recurring' on when I get home. No played that in a while.

Think everything tomorrow night will fall into the 'sonic boom category' mind you!!!

Gigolo-Aunt
Might be a boxset coming out Gig, not sure. I know there's not been one up until now.

A friend of a friend was the Manc show and said it was truly frighteningly loud. By way 200MFG, I saw Melt Banana (top screamy band by way - you clearly have taste) at the Garage in London when I lived there - loud, but not as bad as MBV in '92 - well 'You Made Me Realise' anyway.

Dunno whose supporting Gig, would like to think it'll be Sonic Boom though. Think I'll stick 'Recurring' on when I get home. No played that in a while.

Think everything tomorrow night will fall into the 'sonic boom category' mind you!!!

Think there must be one coming out mate, pretty sure I read it on the Spiritualized forum.

Sonic Boom also has some new stuff coming out as well.

Would be a top top gig to go to if they both played.

Enjoy!

:)

The People's Chimp

heard there wer extra tickets released for tomorrow night, but when i phoned they'd gone.

nightmare. I might try the barras direct tomorrow. that sometimes pays off.

Nelly Terraces
Think there must be one coming out mate, pretty sure I read it on the Spiritualized forum.

Sonic Boom also has some new stuff coming out as well.

Would be a top top gig to go to if they both played.

Enjoy!

:)

Actually, isn't Shields 'reworking' Loveless and 'Isn't Anything'? I think I've read that somewhere else. Don't know about Loveless, that doesn't need anything done it it, it's a *****ing masterpiece, but IA could do with a full reproduction as though it's really good it sounds like it was recorded in a metal bucket and some of the songs on there could be lifted from 'good/not bad' to 'brilliant' with some decent production.

Think they said they're gonna do new material as well:p, but even Shields said wi their track record, don't hold yer breath on that!

Walter Kidd

NT.

You know and I know, that, they are a poor man's Cocteau Twins.:hobofish:

Nelly Terraces
You know and I know, that, they are a poor man's Cocteau Twins.:hobofish:

I like both (Mods, can we have 'splinters on erse' smiley please for fence sitters?);)

cosanostra

MBV are a brilliant band. I thought about going but the ?25 price put me off a bit.

Loveless is quality. The guy's singing is brilliant too.

Archived