Genuine question (not trying to be negative. Honest!)

Shaggy2

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I know you've worded it 'outside Edinburgh' to suit your question because an away win at Easter Road wouldn't count :D

Hibs weren’t in the top league in 98/99 so even ER couldn’t save us!

6 hours ago, Sid said:

You’re not trying to be negative. You just are. 
back to Hibs.net you troll. 

Is that you Ann.......?

👍

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Hibs weren’t in the top league in 98/99 so even ER couldn’t save us!

We beat Hibs at Easter Road on 22nd September 2019, but the way you've worded your question it doesn't count.

So really it's been 5 months since our last away win in the league. Still shite though

Carl Fredrickson
3 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

That was what Meadowbank House was for, mate. Always resented the fact I was thought of as lazy. I was always doing something, it just wasn’t work! 😂

:clyay: You are sadly missed. 

Obviously this is a hilariously shocking stat.

The fact we’ve only won 2 league games out of the last 20 (TWENTY!) at Tynecastle is more embarrassing imo.  

Just now, DS98 said:

Obviously this is a hilariously shocking stat.

The fact we’ve only won 2 league games out of the last 20 (TWENTY!) at Tynecastle is more embarrassing imo.  

Agreed. Some mess Craig has put us in. 

portobellojambo1
55 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Stats like this are made to be smashed up.

Have St Mirren got a plastic surface? 

Not sure why anyone would want to smash up a simple statement, but if it is what floats your boat then bash on with it.

I had no idea what sort of surface they have, but did have a look on Google and it appears to be grass. There again whether it be grass or plastic I don't have the knowledge to determine how much water either surface can safely handle before becoming unplayable. I merely stated that given the present weather and long range forecast for the day I wouldn't be surprised if the game was called off.

Now, I'm off to start getting ready to head off to Paisley, nothing to do with my above comments, I've got arrangmeent to be meeting people I'm travelling with around lunchtime and if the game is called off before we leave then the day isn't to be wasted.

1 hour ago, Tenor said:

On 20TH MARCH 1998, we beat Dundee United away, 1-0.

We then went on a run of 16 away league games without a win.

The next win finally came on 5TH APRIL 1999 - another away win at Dundee United, 3-1.

This appears to be the last time we went over a year without an away win. Certainly doesn't make for great reading!

😮 didn’t think we were quite as bad as that. Never understood why we can be so appalling away from home. 

30 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Wow, I knew it was a tough old season after winning the cup but I didn’t think it was that bad. I was just speaking to Jim Jefferies on Sunday about that 3-1 win and how it coincided with Colin Cameron returning.

I also recall Hearts filling away ends with fans desperate to haul the club out of trouble. Can see history repeating itself in the case of the fans during this run in. Hopefully with the players, too.

Was that when it was his teeth had caused his back issues or am i getting confused. Love you getting called Hibs. Thats up there with Lawson’s meltdown for wow moment of the day 😂😂😂

37 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Wow, I knew it was a tough old season after winning the cup but I didn’t think it was that bad. I was just speaking to Jim Jefferies on Sunday about that 3-1 win and how it coincided with Colin Cameron returning.

I also recall Hearts filling away ends with fans desperate to haul the club out of trouble. Can see history repeating itself in the case of the fans during this run in. Hopefully with the players, too.

Yip I remember that night. Cameron returning certainly gave the team a lift. A great night and a match we just had to win. 

16 minutes ago, sadj said:

😮 didn’t think we were quite as bad as that. Never understood why we can be so appalling away from home. 

Was that when it was his teeth had caused his back issues or am i getting confused. Love you getting called Hibs. Thats up there with Lawson’s meltdown for wow moment of the day 😂😂😂

😂

Yeah. Mickey ended up wearing a gumshield to cure a hip problem. Darren Jackson helped as well. I think we pumped Motherwell 4-0 at Fir Park the following weekend 

Hackney Hearts

It's 16 games.

5 draws:  Hibs, St Mirren, Livi, Ross County, St Johnstone

11 defeats:

Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hamilton    x2

St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Motherwell   x1

Plus the win at Easter Road in amongst that lot. Thank God for Hibs.

7 hours ago, Sid said:

You give a more constructive.   A record or not, for a club of our size, and our resource, that is an embarrassment. 

40 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Not sure why anyone would want to smash up a simple statement, but if it is what floats your boat then bash on with it.

I had no idea what sort of surface they have, but did have a look on Google and it appears to be grass. There again whether it be grass or plastic I don't have the knowledge to determine how much water either surface can safely handle before becoming unplayable. I merely stated that given the present weather and long range forecast for the day I wouldn't be surprised if the game was called off.

Now, I'm off to start getting ready to head off to Paisley, nothing to do with my above comments, I've got arrangmeent to be meeting people I'm travelling with around lunchtime and if the game is called off before we leave then the day isn't to be wasted.

I wasn’t slagging off the comments at all.  I meant the stat that it’s nearly a year since a league win outside Edinburgh is there to be smashed with a win this evening. 

Enjoy your trip.  I think you misinterpreted my post as some sort of dig when nothing could be further from the truth 👍

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

No a grass pitch.

Thanks.  Would be surprised if this is on then.  Especially when their game got called off last week. 

7 hours ago, Sid said:

Sid, you seem to be hard of thinking. Pitchforks and torches at the castle gates! Kill the monster! No way is the OP a Hibs troll.

5 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

We wont win tonight.

Now that's negative. :) We have every chance of winning tonight and I am very hopeful that we will.

10 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Nobody will be winning tonight. The game is a certainty to be called off. 

Not sure if that’s s good or bad thing. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Not sure if that’s s good or bad thing. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I was wanting it on because St Mirren played two hours of football on Tuesday night and a heavy pitch tonight wouldn't do them any favours. Ah well. 

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

I was wanting it on because St Mirren played two hours of football on Tuesday night and a heavy pitch tonight wouldn't do them any favours. Ah well. 

But might have Boyce and Sibbick back for it. Oh well. 

portobellojambo1
24 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I wasn’t slagging off the comments at all.  I meant the stat that it’s nearly a year since a league win outside Edinburgh is there to be smashed with a win this evening. 

Enjoy your trip.  I think you misinterpreted my post as some sort of dig when nothing could be further from the truth 👍

The first part of the trip isn't too bad, a bus from Gorgie to Haymarket, then scoff and some booze before discovering if the game will actually go ahead or not (no point in sitting doing nothing until about 3.30/3.45)

2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The first part of the trip isn't too bad, a bus from Gorgie to Haymarket, then scoff and some booze before discovering if the game will actually go ahead or not (no point in sitting doing nothing until about 3.30/3.45)

Wasted day off work for you. 😄

Hearts Heritage

392 days
1941-11-01 Sat Albion Rovers 1-2 Hearts Wartime S 13 of 30 6000
1942-11-28 Sat Third Lanark 1-2 Hearts Wartime S 17 of 30 3000

395 days
1993-01-30 Sat Dundee United 0-1 Hearts 15:00 Premier 28 of 44 7732
1994-03-01 Tue Dundee 0-2 Hearts 19:30 Premier 31 of 44 3965

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

😂

Yeah. Mickey ended up wearing a gumshield to cure a hip problem. Darren Jackson helped as well. I think we pumped Motherwell 4-0 at Fir Park the following weekend 

That was a great night. Played some great football too and it is the only time I have missed a goal due to going to the toilet. We were in the wee crappy stand at the side of the pitch. Massive support that night. 

8 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

On March 9th it will be one year since our last league win outside of Edinburgh. If tonight’s match is a defeat, a draw or cancelled then we will have achieved that very unwanted record. Has this ever happened before? Not trying to be negative, just wondering.

Apologies.
The question just appeared to be a carefully constructed (“outside Edinburgh”) question to produce an overly negative stat  which I thought would trigger a whole repetition of the Levein oot stuff. 
As it turned out, it turned into a SID oot thread and some worrying debate around how bad we have really been which is a fair discussion. 
Will avoid the witch-hunting (and contributing  when drunk). 

13 minutes ago, Sid said:

Apologies.
The question just appeared to be a carefully constructed (“outside Edinburgh”) question to produce an overly negative stat  which I thought would trigger a whole repetition of the Levein oot stuff. 
As it turned out, it turned into a SID oot thread and some worrying debate around how bad we have really been which is a fair discussion. 

I wasn’t offended, more amused. It is perhaps unfair to not include Hibs in the question from the point of view of making the stat worse than it really is (it’s still very bad and unwanted).

We’ve won at Hampden, Cowdenbeath, Motherwell (strangely very convincingly, although 2-1 may not suggest such a thing) and Falkirk as well in the last year.

Mind you, as stated by DS98, although our away form (outside Edinburgh 😁) absolutely stinks, it is far more worrying that we have two league wins at Tynecastle since March 30th, 2019. 

3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Nobody will be winning tonight. The game is a certainty to be called off. 

Good call, FH.

2 hours ago, Sid said:

Apologies.

:D 

12 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

On March 9th it will be one year since our last league win outside of Edinburgh. If tonight’s match is a defeat, a draw or cancelled then we will have achieved that very unwanted record. Has this ever happened before? Not trying to be negative, just wondering.

Hibs fans will be gutted the game is off tonight. 

Not sure it's any more embarrassing for us that just because the game is postponed it makes it a full year. It would have been bad enough if we had won tonight falling just short of a year.

portobellojambo1
8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Wasted day off work for you. 😄

I'm on annual leave at the moment Dave, been off all week and off again next week.

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Was just about to post similar. All Stendals fault if we go down.....

No one has said that tho. 

Bazzas right boot

Points to the mentality of the club. 

Our away form has always been shite but to go that length of time without a win outside Edinburgh is dreadful. 

Even if we had won a game or two it's still awful. 

We've won at motherwell in the cup, the only real significant win during that time as well. 

Our home form is now joining the away form as well. 

Utterly shite and depressing.