Genuine question (not trying to be negative. Honest!)

Shaggy2

On March 9th it will be one year since our last league win outside of Edinburgh. If tonight’s match is a defeat, a draw or cancelled then we will have achieved that very unwanted record. Has this ever happened before? Not trying to be negative, just wondering.

18 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

State facts..... get called hibs. Standard practice on here.

First time for me, I think. I’m a bit of a statto as he’d realise if he reads any of my posts. Could find out but it’d be a laborious process. Someone may know a quick way.

52 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

On March 9th it will be one year since our last league win outside of Edinburgh. If tonight’s match is a defeat, a draw or cancelled then we will have achieved that very unwanted record. Has this ever happened before? Not trying to be negative, just wondering.

Dont know the answer to your question but if that's true, it's quite a shocking fact and would only back up we are where we deserve to be. With the squad we have and the money they guys are on it makes it almost even more unbelievable if true. Wouldnt surprise me though!

50 minutes ago, Sid said:

You’re not trying to be negative. You just are. 
back to Hibs.net you troll. 

Person asks a question you dont like, resulting in you accusing them of being a Hibs fan??🙈🙈 I read plenty comments that are daft on here (IMO of course) and usually just ignore them. Yours is the type of comment that have made alot of fans fed up with this site and some of the contributions on it. The original poster is allowed an opinion (even a differing one from your own) and is quite entitled to ask a question if they like. Clue is in the word Forum!!! 

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

First time for me, I think. I’m a bit of a statto as he’d realise if he reads any of my posts. Could find out but it’d be a laborious process. Someone may know a quick way.

:robboyas: Getting called a hobo well done Shaggy2! Cant ask a genuine question without being accused. If you still worked in an office you could have spent time working it out. 

Must be up there in our whole history as the record for this. 
utterly shameful and embarrassing stat that if nothing else should be motivating each and every player that pulls on the maroon jersey tonight

I remember when Levein first took over we were poor away from home so checked wiki.  From 9/12/2000 - 26/12/2001 we only won once in the league outside of Edinburgh.  A 1-0 win at Dunfermline 25/8/2001.  I cant think of any spells worse than that since I followed Hearts so you would probably have to go back to before the 1990's to top that (1 win in 55 weeks).  It could be an unwanted record.

Edited by Randy Marsh

26 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

:robboyas: Getting called a hobo well done Shaggy2! Cant ask a genuine question without being accused. If you still worked in an office you could have spent time working it out. 

That was what Meadowbank House was for, mate. Always resented the fact I was thought of as lazy. I was always doing something, it just wasn’t work! 😂

Hopefully someone from the management will take a wee look in at JKB and particularly this thread and pass this stat onto DS to use for motivation.

Wether the OP is trolling or not, facts are facts and facts don’t lie. It’s an embarrassingly horrible stat to say the least. Sums up the Levein tenure for me and this squads desire to knuckle down and actually do the dirty work in the trenches. 

2 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Bloody hell 

if ever there was confirmation needed of just how bad our recruitment has been under Levein there it is . 

Utterly embarrassing for ANY player  involved in this . 

The sooner we clear out these jokers the better. 

Edited by ramrod

11 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Must be up there in our whole history as the record for this. 
utterly shameful and embarrassing stat that if nothing else should be motivating each and every player that pulls on the maroon jersey tonight

Correct, this was merely an attempt at reverse psychology (sadly lost on Sid). We’ve got to be up for tonight as a club from Ann Budge down to the last unused sub. I’ve no doubt the fans will give their wholehearted support as always. I actually can’t believe there will be 1,500+ there tonight. I just hope it’s on. Heard from a FELLOW HEARTS fan that it’s in serious doubt...

4 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Hopefully someone from the management will take a wee look in at JKB and particularly this thread and pass this stat onto DS to use for motivation.

Wether the OP is trolling or not, facts are facts and facts don’t lie. It’s an embarrassingly horrible stat to say the least. Sums up the Levein tenure for me and this squads desire to knuckle down and actually do the dirty work in the trenches. 

Gutted and amused at the same time that folk are even considering the fact I’m a Hibernian troll. 😂

Wouldnt be much of a Hibs fan highlighting the fact that “my” team are the only mob shit enough to lose a home league game to Hearts in a year!

Allowayjambo1874
3 hours ago, Sid said:

Jesus Christ, I’ve never met the guy but even I know the OP is a jambo!

You couldn’t make this place up at times! 

3 hours ago, Sid said:

This must be tongue firmly in cheek.The guy is Hearts through and through.

31 minutes ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

And people think Levein would be more suited to get us out this relegation fight 

:cornette:

Was just about to post similar. All Stendals fault if we go down.....

been here before

Read the OP and thought 'nah- we've been shite but that cant be right, there has to be one he's missed' so had a check.

Unfortunately he's right.

For the players that we have it’s a complete failure by them. You can blame poor coaching or man management but a stat like that is poor. I don’t understand why the players have no pride or care in their work..the only way out of this I am afraid is to start all over again which relegation will bring. I keep wanting to believe we will string a couple of wins together but games we on paper have a good chance of winning we are throwing away....depressing times 

6 minutes ago, been here before said:

Read the OP and thought 'nah- we've been shite but that cant be right, there has to be one he's missed' so had a check.

Unfortunately he's right.

Sean Clare winner at Dundee (as you will obviously know) and I got a parking ticket for parking outside Tannadice!

I’d take another £30 hit in exchange for 3pts tonight.

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

Correct, this was merely an attempt at reverse psychology (sadly lost on Sid). We’ve got to be up for tonight as a club from Ann Budge down to the last unused sub. I’ve no doubt the fans will give their wholehearted support as always. I actually can’t believe there will be 1,500+ there tonight. I just hope it’s on. Heard from a FELLOW HEARTS fan that it’s in serious doubt...

Just sitting here just now looking out the windows plus taking into account information on the breakfast shows weather reports and BBC website. It looks as if the rain in the Paisley area is heavier than here and is due to stay in place until around midnight tonight. I wouldn't be at all surprised if at some point during today the game is postponed.

Edited by portobellojambo1

4 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

A certain poster from the Umbria region in Italy won’t be pleased with that fact.....

5 hours ago, Sid said:

He runs a Hearts Supporters' Club ya bam!

Pretty feckin appalling record but some people are asking for the mastermind behind it to be brought back to "steady the ship" or better yet, "Save us". 

If it's on I think we'll win 

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Just sitting here just now looking out the windows plus taking into account information on the breakfast shows weather reports and BBC website. It looks as if the rain in the Paisley area is heavier than here and is due to stay in place until around midnight tonight. I wouldn't be at all surprised if at some point during today the game is postponed.

Stats like this are made to be smashed up.

Have St Mirren got a plastic surface? 

On 20TH MARCH 1998, we beat Dundee United away, 1-0.

We then went on a run of 16 away league games without a win.

The next win finally came on 5TH APRIL 1999 - another away win at Dundee United, 3-1.

This appears to be the last time we went over a year without an away win. Certainly doesn't make for great reading!

AlphonseCapone
17 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

He runs a Hearts Supporters' Club ya bam!

Deep cover for his JKB troll account. 

1 minute ago, Tenor said:

The next win finally came on 5TH APRIL 1999 - another away win at Dundee United, 3-1.

This appears to be the last time we went over a year without an away win. Certainly doesn't make for great reading!

⬆️ I look forward to reading this stat in the EEN tomorrow if we don't win tonight!

Edited by Tenor

Forever Hearts
7 minutes ago, Tenor said:

⬆️ I look forward to reading this stat in the EEN tomorrow if we don't win tonight!

I'm 15 minutes from Paisley right now and I will be amazed if the game is on. It's persistent, heavy rain and the forecast is that it won't be stopping until after the game. 

15 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Stats like this are made to be smashed up.

Have St Mirren got a plastic surface? 

No a grass pitch.

It should have been ten
5 hours ago, Sid said:

Says Sid with a less than 500 post count :lol:

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'm 15 minutes from Paisley right now and I will be amazed if the game is on. It's persistent, heavy rain and the forecast is that it won't be stopping until after the game. 

It should be postponed, but I was utterly amazed the Falkirk game went ahead!

5 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Did we beat Dundee away that day? Hellish run try asking hearts heritage on Twitter.

20 minutes ago, Tenor said:

We beat Hibs at easter road this season. While not outside of Edinburgh, it wouldn't be the same as that 16 away league run without a win.

HardcoreJambo
4 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

Person asks a question you dont like, resulting in you accusing them of being a Hibs fan??🙈🙈 I read plenty comments that are daft on here (IMO of course) and usually just ignore them. Yours is the type of comment that have made alot of fans fed up with this site and some of the contributions on it. The original poster is allowed an opinion (even a differing one from your own) and is quite entitled to ask a question if they like. Clue is in the word Forum!!! 

This! well said.

Nucky Thompson
5 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

I know you've worded it 'outside Edinburgh' to suit your question because an away win at Easter Road wouldn't count :D

33 minutes ago, Tenor said:

Wow, I knew it was a tough old season after winning the cup but I didn’t think it was that bad. I was just speaking to Jim Jefferies on Sunday about that 3-1 win and how it coincided with Colin Cameron returning.

I also recall Hearts filling away ends with fans desperate to haul the club out of trouble. Can see history repeating itself in the case of the fans during this run in. Hopefully with the players, too.