Reserves yesterday

Simmo

Anyone notice that the updates on the reserves seem to have dried up since Kirk moved to the senior team? 

Is Fox now taking the reserves? Just a bit strange if that is the case(I know he asked to do that) why it hasn’t been announced and coincided with a lack of updates. 

Niemi’s gloves

Away reserve games are usually covered on the opposition team’s twitter and if you are lucky you’ll get team lines for both sides plus updates that mention names of the Hearts players as well as home team players. On that basis about 3 out of 10 for StMirren twitter and the predictable 0 out of 10 for Hearts twitter.

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

Niemi’s gloves

On a more positive note, I think Leeroy Makovora scored for the fourth reserve game running (including the abandoned Hamilton game which of course won’t count in the records). Encouraging given that he has only recently moved up to playing regularly at this level.

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

2 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

On a more positive note, I think Leeroy Makovora scored for the fourth reserve game running (including the abandoned Hamilton game which of course won’t count in the records). Encouraging given that he has only recently moved up to playing regularly at this level.

Leeroy has pace so would definitely suit playing Stendel's style. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

There was a paragraph in the EN with the team. 

Doyle, Cochrane, Henderson were all playing, Connor Smith as well, another first team player who I am forgetting now.

Was 1-1 in the first 5 mins, 3-1 by half time, St Mirren got 1 back in the 2nd half

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-pip-st-mirren-reserve-league-dress-rehearsal-friday-night-showdown-1854962

Link added

Edited by Sir Gio

50 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Doyle, Cochrane, Henderson were all playing, Connor Smith as well, another first team player who I am forgetting now.

Was 1-1 in the first 5 mins, 3-1 by half time, St Mirren got 1 back in the 2nd half

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-pip-st-mirren-reserve-league-dress-rehearsal-friday-night-showdown-1854962

Link added

Damour's name jumped out at me there.  Wonder if he'd be playing if he was in plans for Friday?  Can't decide if his involvement makes him more or less likely for Fri...!

I'd love Connor Smith to get a chance some time.  Not the time just now, I don't suppose, but i think he's going to be a star on the little evidence we've seen of him at firs team level.

2 hours ago, HMFC86 said:

Anyone notice that the updates on the reserves seem to have dried up since Kirk moved to the senior team? 

Is Fox now taking the reserves? Just a bit strange if that is the case(I know he asked to do that) why it hasn’t been announced and coincided with a lack of updates. 

Yeah when I went along to see them in the abandoned game against Hamilton it was Fox who was in charge. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
22 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Damour's name jumped out at me there.  Wonder if he'd be playing if he was in plans for Friday?  Can't decide if his involvement makes him more or less likely for Fri...!

I'd love Connor Smith to get a chance some time.  Not the time just now, I don't suppose, but i think he's going to be a star on the little evidence we've seen of him at firs team level.

Agree on Connor. Not that Henderson or Moore have done badly, I would have imagined he was the most talented. I'm sure Stendel is getting a good idea in training of how they are placed to cope.

53 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Yeah when I went along to see them in the abandoned game against Hamilton it was Fox who was in charge. 

Cheers, not got a problem with Fox tbh. From what I heard he is rated as a coach and is pretty well liked around the club. Just find it a bit strange it hasn’t been mentioned. 

17 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Link added

Henderson was not playing in this game the Evening News and FF have got this wrong.

Pasquale for King
17 hours ago, HMFC86 said:

Cheers, not got a problem with Fox tbh. From what I heard he is rated as a coach and is pretty well liked around the club. Just find it a bit strange it hasn’t been mentioned. 

Rated by whom? Levein? Certainly not by the Cowdenbeath fans I know. He nearly got them relegated with one of the biggest budgets in the league before they sacked him, sounds familiar . . . . 

42 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Rated by whom? Levein? Certainly not by the Cowdenbeath fans I know. He nearly got them relegated with one of the biggest budgets in the league before they sacked him, sounds familiar . . . . 

Very familiar. Another rotten part of this club with the wrong mentality that we need rid of!!!

Niemi’s gloves
21 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Very familiar. Another rotten part of this club with the wrong mentality that we need rid of!!!

What exactly are you talking about?  The reserve team who have won two and drawn one since the break (and were comfortably leading in another game which was abandoned due to snow)? Or is it just that you are so bound up in your hatred of our former head coach/DoF that you want to slag off anything and anybody remotely connected with him?

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Other coaches, a scout and players. 

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Absolutely.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

Other coaches, a scout and players. 

Macphee? Fox and Daly barely spoke. The players in the first team? The ones that said it’s great being coached again? The guy has been a disaster with the first team, and Cowdenbeath. He will be out in the summer never to be seen again.

Edited by Pasquale for King

17 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

What exactly are you talking about?  The reserve team who have won two and drawn one since the break (and were comfortably leading in another game which was abandoned due to snow)? Or is it just that you are so bound up in your hatred of our former head coach/DoF that you want to slag off anything and anybody remotely connected with him?

Personally don’t have a problem with that. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Macphee? Fox and Daly barely spoke. The players in the first team? The ones that said it’s great being coached again? The guy has been a disaster with the first team, and Cowdenbeath. He will be out in the summer never to be seen again.

I’ve never seen him coaching or spoken to the guy, just passing on what I’ve been told by someone that has no reason to make it up(not anyone employed by us but is involved in the game professionally) Fox & Daly definitely didn’t get on, Fox didn’t want to be seen as part of that failed regime(obviously he was, but do we know how much input he had??) and asked to be reserve coach. 

I can’t back up the players who rate him, just that I was told he was a really good coach and well liked around Riccarton. 

Not arguing with anything you’ve said, but is it at all possible his involvement in the first team was simply passing on what he’d been asked to? 

If he leaves the club I don’t really mind, but I don’t think he should be written off as a coach because of involvement at Cowdenbeath or as a junior coach to the last regime. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, HMFC86 said:

I’ve never seen him coaching or spoken to the guy, just passing on what I’ve been told by someone that has no reason to make it up(not anyone employed by us but is involved in the game professionally) Fox & Daly definitely didn’t get on, Fox didn’t want to be seen as part of that failed regime(obviously he was, but do we know how much input he had??) and asked to be reserve coach. 

I can’t back up the players who rate him, just that I was told he was a really good coach and well liked around Riccarton. 

Not arguing with anything you’ve said, but is it at all possible his involvement in the first team was simply passing on what he’d been asked to? 

If he leaves the club I don’t really mind, but I don’t think he should be written off as a coach because of involvement at Cowdenbeath or as a junior coach to the last regime. 

Just doing his job eh. Not sure if the Levein apologists will allow you to call it a regime 😃. Fans who watched his team over a season absolutely despise him. We will see how he gets on.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, HMFC86 said:

Taking his boy to Tynecastle every week now, sits just in front of me, if nothing else a good Jambo.

Couldn't comment on his abilities to be honest, but seems a polite bloke

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just doing his job eh. Not sure if the Levein apologists will allow you to call it a regime 😃. Fans who watched his team over a season absolutely despise him. We will see how he gets on.

Like I say, I’ve no real opinion one way or another on him, but I do rate the knowledge of the person that told me. That’s all I’m basing it on, so if he goes I don’t overly care and if he’s deemed to be worth a shot as reserve coach I wouldn’t be against it. 

Just a point on the Cowdenbeath bit, being a poor manager is a completely different to being a good coach, so I wouldn’t overly use one as a base to judge the other. 

As you say time will tell. 

24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Taking his boy to Tynecastle every week now, sits just in front of me, if nothing else a good Jambo.

Saw him with his son on Saturday in section Q. No Hearts gear on, seemed to just be attending the match as a fan.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, HMFC86 said:

Like I say, I’ve no real opinion one way or another on him, but I do rate the knowledge of the person that told me. That’s all I’m basing it on, so if he goes I don’t overly care and if he’s deemed to be worth a shot as reserve coach I wouldn’t be against it. 

Just a point on the Cowdenbeath bit, being a poor manager is a completely different to being a good coach, so I wouldn’t overly use one as a base to judge the other. 

As you say time will tell. 

Fair point about manager/coach. My nephew coached at Cowdenbeath under Paatelinian and was about to brought in by  Fox when he got emptied. If Stendel wants him around after the summer it’s his decision really.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Yeah he is a Jambo for what it’s worth.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fair point about manager/coach. My nephew coached at Cowdenbeath under Paatelinian and was about to brought in by  Fox when he got emptied. If Stendel wants him around after the summer it’s his decision really.

Exactly. It doesn't matter what his previous successes and failures are. If Stendel wants him to stay then he. He should have that choice. 

Mods - Can we please empty these 5-6 posters who deliberately infest every thread and pull them off topic.  It's quite clear who they are but if not, I can easily give you a list.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Exactly. It doesn't matter what his previous successes and failures are. If Stendel wants him to stay then he. He should have that choice. 

I think we should allow him to help pick a Sporting Director too, so they’re working together not at odds with each other. I assume he’s quite busy just now though.