Labyrinthitis

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Been diagnosed with this earlier this week

Its like having 10 pints without the pleasant part of drinking the 10 pints

Worst part was that it came on Saturday morning after i bought a new motorbike on Friday.

Not best pleased!!

They thought my mum had this but as it didn't go away they diagnosed her with menieres disease. It was horrible watching her when she had a bad attack, she couldn't stand up as the room was spinning so much. She described it to me by saying think of the most drunk you have ever been with the room spinning and times it by about 100.

Really felt sorry for her, lasted about 12 months till they got her on the right medication. She's ok now though.

blondejamtart

I can only sympathise - labyrinthitis is horrible! I had it when I was 17 and actually missed my maths higher because of it (in a weird way, I guess that was a bonus, because I passed the exam on appeal without even having to sit it!)

However, I can clearly remember that feeling of the room spinning and the nausea which came with it. It's not pleasant at all - and as you say, you haven't even had the pleasure of the drink to begin with! Fortunately, with medication, it did clear up fairly quickly for me, so I hope you're the same!

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Medication is doing feck all tbh

I've had to drag my ass into work for the past three days as I've just started a new job and I'm on 3 months probationary period. It'd look really good having a week on the sick after only being here a month and a half. Although once I'm here I'm as much use as a man short.

va va voom
They thought my mum had this but as it didn't go away they diagnosed her with menieres disease. It was horrible watching her when she had a bad attack, she couldn't stand up as the room was spinning so much. She described it to me by saying think of the most drunk you have ever been with the room spinning and times it by about 100.

Really felt sorry for her, lasted about 12 months till they got her on the right medication. She's ok now though.

That sounds almost the same as my Mum's story, she is still slightly affected by it and has the odd bad day. It sounds a pretty brutle thing. Sorry to hear this OP!

That sounds almost the same as my Mum's story, she is still slightly affected by it and has the odd bad day. It sounds a pretty brutle thing. Sorry to hear this OP!

Luckily my mum is on the right medication now, they have said that she will probably have to take it the rest of her life though. If she stops then the episodes will begin again.

Archived