Tam Ritchie and the Amazing Team Talk

rubytuesday

rubytuesday

Tam Ritchie told he's total control - until things happen - and then plays Hearts song to full squad on a tape recorder in dressing room to inspire the players. Just great.

Also brings in loads of new rules for staff.

Has something passed me by, or is he just a fitness coach?

What the hell is going on . . . .

Tam Ritchie told he's total control - until things happen - and then plays Hearts song to full squad on a tape recorder in dressing room to inspire the players. Just great.

You were right before so guessing your right now.... if so I dont know what to think.

At whatr point can the SPL step in regards us never having a qualified coach in 'x' months..... is their even a regulation to monitor that in Scotland?

Only a Game

Great if you have enough players in the dressing room who get it. We dont !

PsychocAndy

Look on the brightside, Bertie Mee won the double with Arsenal and he was a massusse(?)

Johanes de Silentio

LOADS of time for Tom Ritchie: hardest working guy at the club, IMO.

I have no problem whatsoever with him taking fitness training (MILES better than Malofeev!) - but he's not a coach, sadly.

er...before anyone else asks...what's your source?

(not that it really matters during this exceptionally silly rumour season!)

Al.

I have no problem whatsoever with him taking fitness training (MILES better than Malofeev!) - but he's not a coach, sadly.

Al.

The OP was right about Frail being told to leave last week so I'd guess he's right again.

Johanes de Silentio

Fair enough, Stanley!

As I say, I like Tom Ritchie - not sure about his use of the Hearts song in this context, but I'd imagine he's well respected in the dressing room - let's hope he doesn't get his six-pack out!

Al.

New rules.

Hearts song being played.

I like this man. Tam - you can have the job. :)

Excellent idea from Tam " Mr Motivator" Ritchie.

If only it meant as much to the players as it does to the fans.

Somehow I don't think the hairs on the back of Nade's neck will stand up when he hears it. :)

Walter Kidd

Tam is an absolute gentleman, and is as hacked off as we all are.

He knows his stuff, so maybe just maybe they will at least be fitter than last season.

Somehow I don't think the hairs on the back of Nade's neck will stand up when he hears it. :)

Guest jambomickey

got to feel sorry for tom ritchie because he being put in a awkward situation

innerjambo

Al.

Yes, Tom Ritchie, hardest working guy at the club. It's a pity the players take no notice of him, and trail along 10 yards behind him, having cosy chats about what they did last night. Tom Ritchie is in a little world of his own, doing his thing. The players have as much respect for him, as they did SF.

The Real Maroonblood
Tam is an absolute gentleman, and is as hacked off as we all are.

He knows his stuff, so maybe just maybe they will at least be fitter than last season.

Fit headless chickens bring it on.

The Wicker Man
Somehow I don't think the hairs on the back of Nade's neck will stand up when he hears it

That only happens when the dinner bell goes ;)

Guest JamboRobbo

Sounds like he's instilling a bit of discipline insisting on shirt and tie etc. Exactly what we need.

A fitness coach in charge at Tynecastle

You couldnt make it up.

I dont even think if hobos sat and listed things they would do if in charge at Hearts they could come up with some of the twisted pish that Romanov has.

3 hobos sat in a room.

"So ken mibbes we could brung in another eastern european puppet, call him reserve coach but get him to call the shots - wae us puckin the team"

"Aye, gid yin"

"But we'd hae t'get shot after a load of gash results to buy time"

"Aye ken"

"whoat then?"

"Pit Frail in tae by more time"

"whit then?"

"Bring the same reserve coach back"

"Nah, cum oan Cleetus they'd never buy that - there wid be a riot. Yam fuds arenae that stupit'"

"Put the fitness coach in charge of awthing?"

"Cum oan, we're gettin' stupt' noo"

Jambof3tornado

I dont think he is as pally wally with the players as Shaggy was. But I dont think its acceptable that we have started pre season without a manager in place,given that Vlad has had so long to get one in!!:mad:

Drew Busby !
Sounds like he's instilling a bit of discipline insisting on shirt and tie etc. Exactly what we need.

What happens now then, is that some players will go over his head and ask if they really have to wear shirts/ties, pay training ground fines etc etc

Back to t-shirt and jeans inside a week.

innerjambo
I dont think he is as pally wally with the players as Shaggy was. But I dont think its acceptable that we have started pre season without a manager in place,given that Vlad has had so long to get one in!!:mad:

He doesnt seem to get the players attention during a training session. I've watched them, and half the time the players are fooling around, and he just carrries on regardless. He comes across as a bit of a wimp!

He doesnt seem to get the players attention during a training session. I've watched them, and half the time the players are fooling around, and he just carrries on regardless. He comes across as a bit of a wimp!

Thats because he is not a head coach

He neither has the experience to deal with that position nor does he have the respect for his orders to be taken seriously

Imagine if the janitor at your work came in and started ordering you and your team around?

Tam Ritchie is a cracking guy who can genuinely say he works hard for Hearts on a daily basis. How many other's on the footballing side can say that ?

The fact that he has now been put in this position only adds to the daily farce but Tam would actually be better than the Lith/Russian combo's we have already been dreading and I can quite imagine he will be revelling in his 'new role' for a few days.

Run the feckers till they collapse Tam !!

The soap opera continues, what a joke we are.

Guest JamboRobbo
What happens now then, is that some players will go over his head and ask if they really have to wear shirts/ties, pay training ground fines etc etc

Most likely yes. Just sounded to me like Mr Ritchie was trying to do the right thing.

innerjambo
Thats because he is not a head coach

He neither has the experience to deal with that position nor does he have the respect for his orders to be taken seriously

Imagine if the janitor at your work came in and started ordering you and your team around?

Yes, but he is in charge of getting the players fit. From what I can see, and what I've read many times on here, he's not doing a good enough job.

Drew Busby !
Most likely yes. Just sounded to me like Mr Ritchie was trying to do the right thing.

Agreed, fair play to Tam Ritchie for trying to instill some personal standards at the most disfunctional club in the UK, and possibly - nay probably - all of Europe :(

Mark_Mywords

He has also ordered nonfootball staff around the club's training base at Riccarton to report to work in collar and tie.

Not the players.

DarthVodka
Yes, but he is in charge of getting the players fit. From what I can see, and what I've read many times on here, he's not doing a good enough job.

I think the main problem was if players didnt like what they were told to do it seemed they were going higher up and complaining about it and getting away with it.

This is just what appeared to me to be happening, and probably still is. In a well disciplined club players like Nade, Bednar etc would be booted up and down the training ground for being unfit as they are/were at somepoints

I think the instruction related to non-football staff but I would hope that he will receive backing from above no matter who it refers to.

We need discipline and focus from the outset.

Not the players.

Which is bizarre.

What role does a fitness coach have to anyone not on the playing staff?

Mark_Mywords
Which is bizarre.

You're right, he should not have any authority in that area. Very bizarre times at Hearts these days. I think it is a good thing that a formal dress code for non-football staff has been put in place though.

alwaysthereinspirit

You'd have to find them hidden in his neck folds to know for sure.

Nelly Terraces

Sadly the players will take zero notice of what TR has to say as they all know he won't be the permo boss and can go right over his head at any time. NO doubt these wasters will still be sitting there when he's trying to talk to him, texting their mates, listening to their ipods and dicking around like the totally unprofessional deadbeats they are.

Jammy T is right, you could appoint a bunch of hobo trolls from hobo.net to run this club and they'd make less of a james blunt of it.

Goose Baxter

I think having a fitness coach in charge off first team affairs can only be a good thing to a point as over the last few seasons the fitness aspect has been poor among a few off the players.

Its cant get much worse down at tynie so why not give the guy a shot.

The sad thing is that I'd rather have Tam in charge of the team before any of the Vlad puppets.

NoseLikeMahe

Tam is a great guy and has been well and trully put on the spot... He really, really knows his stuff too... but his stuff is fitness, strength, diet etc. Ask him and he'll admit honestly that he doesn't really know that much about football.

Any guy who could beat Alan Wells over 100 metres at his prime gets respect from me tho :)

Tam may not be qualified, but he is spot on here. I would perhaps insist that the players where shirts and ties too when reporting for training and (OBVIOUSLY) change into training gear once they arrive.

I predict TR is gonna be this seasons Frail.

Dumped in at the deep end.

Asked to do a whole lot more than his "actual" job involves.

Left to fend for himself, make a pigs ear of somethign that should never have been his responsibility anyway and ultimately end up looking like an incompetent twonk through no fault of his own.

Which is bizarre.

Until Churnmastomach shows his hand then I guess Tom is the most senior punter there by default.

Credit to the guy and if he's overstepping the mark then at least it's being done with the very best of intentions :)

Meant to say that the 'atmosphere' should be conducive to getting the best out of everyone

Slovenliness is contagious so maybe EVERYONE has to be seen to be pulling their socks up

I predict TR is gonna be this seasons Frail.

Dumped in at the deep end.

Asked to do a whole lot more than his "actual" job involves.

Left to fend for himself, make a pigs ear of somethign that should never have been his responsibility anyway and ultimately end up looking like an incompetent twonk through no fault of his own.

Well so far, what he is doing I think is right.

At the moment, not good but fair enough, get them fit Tam!! However if he's still in sole charge come August we're going to get smashed by Motherwell.

This stage of pre-season is about fitness.

Tam Ritchie knows about fitness.

Common sense decision (for now) where previously big Malo would have taken charge.

Thunderstruck

This might just be pre-holiday euphoria but I am sure that one or other of the rags announced a couple of days ago that Tam Ritchie would be in charge of training.

Doubtless it was all drowned out by the din surrounding Chervenkov's return.

Boab Mugabe

Tom Ritchie is a good guy. If you're ever up watching the team train he's always willing to have a good chat with fans about the squad and you can tell he really cares. Obviously he's not a football manager strictly, but I'd happily wager that if he was given a decent crack he could do a much better job than some of the jokers who have shamed Heart of Midlothian's name.

I hope he has some remit to get torn in about the wasters, but I sadly doubt it.

This stage of pre-season is about fitness.

Tam Ritchie knows about fitness.

Common sense decision (for now) where previously big Malo would have taken charge.

Fitness - fair enough

Ball work started today or starts tomorrow

Boab Mugabe

Ritchie will have done a few pre-seasons now and seen various managerial approaches.

I hope he remembers what Burley did and repeats it with the same results! :o

The Puppeteer

RT - since you seem to be in the know about what's going on at training, do you know any more about the evening news report regarding Chervenkov that "the Bulgarian's re-appearance was not well received by players or staff at Riccarton."?

Not so sure he is well respected in the dressing room as far as I understand he is his own number one fan and has ambitions to be more than a fitness coach.

Have also heard he has an eye for the ladies and has tried to sneak at least one into his room when the team are staying away.

I am not decrying him for either of these things but am not so sure that the players like him that much.

Fair enough, Stanley!

As I say, I like Tom Ritchie - not sure about his use of the Hearts song in this context, but I'd imagine he's well respected in the dressing room - let's hope he doesn't get his six-pack out!

Al.

Excellent, we have an ex painter and decorator running the JT's. You just couldn't make it up....well Vlad could!!:mad:

Excellent, we have an ex painter and decorator running the JT's. You just couldn't make it up....well Vlad could!!:mad:

To be fair, under Vlad, we've also had an ex-plumber.

If you know any candlestick makers needing employment they'd be a dead set for the job

Archived