Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Footballfirst

Reserves @ Dundee Utd

Recommended Posts

Footballfirst
MATCHDAY
The Reserves are back in action against @JamTarts this afternoon in the SPFL Reserve League Cup. It’s a 1.30pm kick-off at Whitton Park.
 
Team news for the Reserves. SXI: Mehmet, Freeman, Duffy, King, Graham, Neilson, Chalmers, Davidson, Watson, Mochrie and Meekison. Subs: Currid, Cooney, Hutchinson, Robson, Fotheringham, Caves and Bisland.
 
1’ | 0-0 | Darren Watson gets us underway at Whitton Park for the Terrors. C’mon United!
 
2’ | 0-0 | Early chance for United as Darren Watson puts the Hearts defence under pressure which forces the ball to Jake Davidson who is lurking in the box, but his shot skims across the surface and wide.
 
7’ | 0-0 | A brilliant run by Jake Davidson sees him break away from the defence and he flicks the ball over the keeper who is charging him down quickly. Unfortunately his shot falls to the wrong side of the box.
 
28’ | 0-0 | Kieran Freeman makes a gut bursting run down the right wing before skimming a low cross into the box. The ball eventually comes to Adam King, but his shot is held by Colin Doyle in the Hearts goal.
 
35’ | 0-0 | What a save from Deniz Mehmet to keep out Connor Smith’s free kick! The experienced United keeper makes a dives to his left and stretches out his right hand to palm the ball over the bar.
 
44’ | 0-1 | Goal Hearts. Leeroy Makovora brings the ball down on his chest before firing a powerful shot high into the net from a tight angle.
 
HT United 0 Hearts 1 | The visitors snatch the lead just before the interval at the end of a very even 45 minutes.
 
46’ | 0-1 | Hearts get the match restarted at Whitton Park.
 
50’ | 0-1 | Penalty to Hearts as Connor Smith is fouled in the box.
 
51’ | 0-2 | Goal Hearts. The visitors double their advantage from the spot as Callumn Morrison sends Deniz the wrong way.
 
74’ | 0-3 | Goal Hearts. Callumn Morrison adds his second of the match as he rattles the ball home from a tight angle just inside the box.
 
FT United 0 Hearts 3 | A disappointing afternoon for the Reserves comes to an end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

We weren't paying attention!

 

Cheers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davie1980
4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:
MATCHDAY
The Reserves are back in action against @JamTarts this afternoon in the SPFL Reserve League Cup. It’s a 1.30pm kick-off at Whitton Park.
 
Team news for the Reserves. SXI: Mehmet, Freeman, Duffy, King, Graham, Neilson, Chalmers, Davidson, Watson, Mochrie and Meekison. Subs: Currid, Cooney, Hutchinson, Robson, Fotheringham, Caves and Bisland.
 
1’ | 0-0 | Darren Watson gets us underway at Whitton Park for the Terrors. C’mon United!
 
2’ | 0-0 | Early chance for United as Darren Watson puts the Hearts defence under pressure which forces the ball to Jake Davidson who is lurking in the box, but his shot skims across the surface and wide.
 
7’ | 0-0 | A brilliant run by Jake Davidson sees him break away from the defence and he flicks the ball over the keeper who is charging him down quickly. Unfortunately his shot falls to the wrong side of the box.
 
28’ | 0-0 | Kieran Freeman makes a gut bursting run down the right wing before skimming a low cross into the box. The ball eventually comes to Adam King, but his shot is held by Colin Doyle in the Hearts goal.
 
35’ | 0-0 | What a save from Deniz Mehmet to keep out Connor Smith’s free kick! The experienced United keeper makes a dives to his left and stretches out his right hand to palm the ball over the bar.
 
44’ | 0-1 | Goal Hearts. Leeroy Makovora brings the ball down on his chest before firing a powerful shot high into the net from a tight angle.
 
HT United 0 Hearts 1 | The visitors snatch the lead just before the interval at the end of a very even 45 minutes.
 
46’ | 0-1 | Hearts get the match restarted at Whitton Park.
 
50’ | 0-1 | Penalty to Hearts as Connor Smith is fouled in the box.
 
51’ | 0-2 | Goal Hearts. The visitors double their advantage from the spot as Callumn Morrison sends Deniz the wrong way.
 
74’ | 0-3 | Goal Hearts. Callumn Morrison adds his second of the match as he rattles the ball home from a tight angle just inside the box.
 
FT United 0 Hearts 3 | A disappointing afternoon for the Reserves comes to an end.

 

Why disappointing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before

Good to see Morrison get a couple and hopefully this will follow him to East Fife.

 

I know Morrisons final ball often let him down but I thought he was exactly the type of player who would flourish under the new manager, surprised he's rnded up at East Fife.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davie1980

Just noticed, you've copied the report from United

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
1 minute ago, davie1980 said:

 

Why disappointing?

 

United got beat 3-0

 

Its their Twitter updates on game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before
1 minute ago, davie1980 said:

 

Why disappointing?

 

Its the Dundee Utd Twatter and theyve got beat 3-0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
Just now, davie1980 said:

Just noticed, you've copied the report from United

 

Yeah 

 

Nothing at all from Hearts including team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davie1980

Aye, it clicked just after I posted that

 

Anyone know our line up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst

You have to question what Hearts media team get paid for at times. It certainly can't be for keeping fans up to date on football matters other than the first team.

Edited by Footballfirst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RDSK
Just now, Footballfirst said:

You have to question what Hearts media team get paid for at times. It certainly can't be for keeping fans up to date on football outside the first team.


Pretty disappointing it must be said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

You have to question what Hearts media team get paid for at times. It certainly can't be for keeping fans up to date on football outside the first team.

Disappointing they have failed to cover this,  I get a lot of Tweets all the same. 

 

Agree though,  this is fundamental 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
Just now, RDSK said:


Pretty disappointing it must be said. 

 

And it's not just the games.

 

No stories, features or interviews for example on Connor Smith's successful loan spell at Cowdenbeath or Leeroy Makovora's interesting loan spell (including 2 red cards) at The Spartans. 

 

As well as engaging the fans there is money to be made on YouTube etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davie1980
15 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

You have to question what Hearts media team get paid for at times. It certainly can't be for keeping fans up to date on football matters other than the first team.

 

I always thought this was your job FF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst

The last score update on Twitter for a non 1st team game was on 27th January, when @Jamtarts posted that the U18s had beaten Morton 3-2 in the youth cup quarter final.  That game had of course been played 3 days earlier.

 

Additionally, the U18s also beat ICT 4-1 in Inverness on Friday afternoon. To be fair, the website has at least been updated with the result of that game, but there is no match report, or scorers given, as for previous games.

 

Unfortunately #TFIM hasn't posted much in recent weeks either, although he is not directly connected to the club.

Edited by Footballfirst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John Findlay

Good result away from home. Disappointing that Hearts media didnt cover the game, they should have. Still a good result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
farin

Looks like we haven’t recruited for the advertised job yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blackshades

I've been sitting in Dundee this afternoon bored out my skull and didn't realise this was on until way in to second half . No happy that hearts media didn't even mention it 🤬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the general

Hate criticising the club but this is shoddy .. plenty folk would cover it for them for the cost of a bus fare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RobboM
6 minutes ago, the general said:

Hate criticising the club but this is shoddy .. plenty folk would cover it for them for the cost of a bus fare


I've happily done match threads on here before for reserve games .... but usually on the back of at least a news story publicising the match. I didn't realise this was on and would have been a nice day for a match. Mind you I also missed out on Falkirk tickets because I missed the news on that too, might just be me 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom Hardy’s Dug

They used to cover reserves on Twitter I thought?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jr ewing
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

You have to question what Hearts media team get paid for at times. It certainly can't be for keeping fans up to date on football matters other than the first team.

Applied for the job. Didn't even get an interview. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jr ewing
1 hour ago, farin said:

Looks like we haven’t recruited for the advertised job yet. 

Didn't even get an acknowledgement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Applied for the job. Didn't even get an interview. 

 

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Didn't even get an acknowledgement. 

 

I didn't even apply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
farin
8 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Didn't even get an acknowledgement. 

 

Standard procedure now tbh, better luck next time. 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jr ewing
1 minute ago, farin said:

 

Standard procedure now tbh, better luck next time. 👍🏻

Cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OTT
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Good to see Morrison get a couple and hopefully this will follow him to East Fife.

 

I know Morrisons final ball often let him down but I thought he was exactly the type of player who would flourish under the new manager, surprised he's rnded up at East Fife.

 

Same. Especially considering his physical frame in comparison to Moore. 

 

Hopefully he comes back in the summer with a point to prove. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heres Rixxy
17 minutes ago, redjambo said:

 

 

I didn't even apply.

 

I didn't even know the post existed.

Edited by Heres Rixxy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders

Our coverage of our own reserves is very poor 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug
1 hour ago, the general said:

Hate criticising the club but this is shoddy .. plenty folk would cover it for them for the cost of a bus fare

Couldn't agree more.  Give this priority Ann.  There should also be a dedicated women's section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RobboM
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Our coverage of our own reserves is very poor 

 
The Hearts match report is <100 words written solely on the basis of information available in the Dundee United tweets. Not even the team lineup. Pathetic

_________________________________________________

Hearts Reserves ran out 3-0 winners against Dundee United in today's SPFL Reserve League Cup encounter in St Andrews.

 

 

"The hosts had the better of the chances during the first half of the opening 45, however, it was the Jambos who took the lead shortly before the interval. Connor Smith saw a tremendous free-kick saved on 35 minutes and it acted as a warning sign of things to come as Leeroy Makovora rifled home a shot on the cusp of half-time.

A Calumn Morrison penalty doubled Hearts' advantage within six minutes of the restart and the on-loan East Fife man grabbed his second of the day with roughly 15 minutes to go."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
1 minute ago, RobboM said:

 
The Hearts match report is <100 words written solely on the basis of information available in the Dundee United tweets. Not even the team lineup. Pathetic

_________________________________________________

Hearts Reserves ran out 3-0 winners against Dundee United in today's SPFL Reserve League Cup encounter in St Andrews.

 

 

"The hosts had the better of the chances during the first half of the opening 45, however, it was the Jambos who took the lead shortly before the interval. Connor Smith saw a tremendous free-kick saved on 35 minutes and it acted as a warning sign of things to come as Leeroy Makovora rifled home a shot on the cusp of half-time.

A Calumn Morrison penalty doubled Hearts' advantage within six minutes of the restart and the on-loan East Fife man grabbed his second of the day with roughly 15 minutes to go."

Embarrassing really 

 

could even pay one of the under 18s to go along and write up the report 

Edited by Natural Orders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Niemi’s gloves

To be (slightly) fair to the club, this was a previously postponed and nothing at stake reserve cup game. The SPFL already had the semi-final ties (Celtic v Hibs, Well v Dons) up on its web site for 24 February. Our 3-0 win today  took us up 2nd in our group but not good enough for best runner up however many we had scored.

 

An oddity of the 15 club draw was that although there were 10 premier clubs involved (no Rangers or Livi), plus 5 championship, two of the groups had 4 premier and 1 championship teams while group A had 2 premiership and 3 championship teams.  Celtic and Motherwell each duly beat the 3 lower league teams in their group and played out a draw between them, with Celtic getting the extra point for the penalty shoot out win. That effectively put the best runner up spot out of reach for the other 2 groups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CJGJ

Perfect job for someone retired who has time to spare and has an interest in the club....anyone ?

 

It would not cost much and with the women's side to add to teams needing coverage it may well grow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Swanny17

It wasn’t covered as we’ve had to pay off our entire media team and sell all the equipment to fund the £400k loss this year (this information is based purely on Hobonomics). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

After a bit of searching...this was a Reserve league cup game. We've finished second in our group behind Hibs. 

 

https://spfl.co.uk/league/rcup/table

 

I don't think we've qualified for next round. 3 groups but we're not best placed 2nd place. We'll need to hand back the trophy. 

 

Looks like Hibs, Celtic, Aberdeen, Motherwell in semi finals.

 

Edited by Mikey1874

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spellczech
12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

After a bit of searching...this was a Reserve league cup game. We've finished second in our group behind Hibs. 

 

https://spfl.co.uk/league/rcup/table

 

I don't think we've qualified for next round. 3 groups but we're not best placed 2nd place. We'll need to hand back the trophy. 

 

Looks like Hibs, Celtic, Aberdeen, Motherwell in semi finals.

 

 2 groups with 4 SPL teams in each and one with just Celtic and Motherwell...? Guess which second placed team qualifies...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alan_R

I know its a different level etc but Morrison always seems to get himself a goal. Any chance of a strike in the first team and he just doesn't look like he has a shot in him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jr ewing
41 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Perfect job for someone retired who has time to spare and has an interest in the club....anyone ?

 

It would not cost much and with the women's side to add to teams needing coverage it may well grow

That was me. Not a dicky. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8skacel8

The goals...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Say What Again
4 hours ago, davie1980 said:

 

I always thought this was your job FF


It is on JKB

 

FF oot! 😡😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst

Cracking strike by Morrison for the 3rd goal.

 

So Hearts had someone filming the game. It would hardly be overload to ask that person to give the odd twitter update on the game at appropriate breaks in play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johnthomas
35 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

I know its a different level etc but Morrison always seems to get himself a goal. Any chance of a strike in the first team and he just doesn't look like he has a shot in him

Always thought if he got a goal he'd get more .

Think he still has a chance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CJGJ
5 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Always thought if he got a goal he'd get more .

Think he still has a chance 

Given the lack of width in the first team squad I was surprised he was not kept as part of said squad rather than being loaned out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
scott herbertson
52 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Always thought if he got a goal he'd get more .

Think he still has a chance 

 

 

would agree.. His form when out on loan was very good - lots of goals. Bit of confidence and I think he could still be an asset

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johnthomas
30 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

 

 

would agree.. His form when out on loan was very good - lots of goals. Bit of confidence and I think he could still be an asset

May well be . Many saying not good enough . 

No way DS will have been able to properly assess all the staff . Think he'll be looking at some of the young , peripheral players come the summer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hungry hippo

Morrison has great potential. Was excellent when he first broke into the team and his form nosedived along with the rest of the team but he can definitely contribute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WheatfieldWarrior
8 hours ago, davie1980 said:

 

Why disappointing?

 

It should have been 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Homme
6 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Cracking strike by Morrison for the 3rd goal.

 

So Hearts had someone filming the game. It would hardly be overload to ask that person to give the odd twitter update on the game at appropriate breaks in play.

 

You couldn't ask the same person to do both. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
E6 Inc

Anyone who watches the reserves or the youth teams, are they playing in the same style as Stendel has us playing in the first team? Is it the same set up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...