Vlad's next move?

Five to One

Five to One

Now that Vlad knows he cannot buy a a decent manager to work under his own terms and conditions (ie Rober being offered more money than other candidates) what will he do next? It appears Rober would have enjoyed the challenge of managing Hearts and felt obliged to give reasons for why he did not take the job -- namely no assurances on team selection and a worry over keek Lith/Kaunas players being added to the squad.

It's never easy to guess Vlad's next move, but he's surely now between a rock and a hard place. From previous posts there is evidence of a gathering groundswell of support for protest and he knows he must placate the fans in order for his own vision for Hearts to move forward.

His next throw of the dice is either concede defeat on the team selection issue or lose any support left amongst the fans. Though obviously this has been brewing for months, I think it's finally about to come to a head. Just wondered what scenario is most likely in the next few months? I for one, am very worried I soon won't have a team to support.

robin_hobosblind
Now that Vlad knows he cannot buy a a decent manager to work under his own terms and conditions (ie Rober being offered more money than other candidates) what will he do next? It appears Rober would have enjoyed the challenge of managing Hearts and felt obliged to give reasons for why he did not take the job -- namely no assurances on team selection and a worry over keek Lith/Kaunas players being added to the squad.

It's never easy to guess Vlad's next move, but he's surely now between a rock and a hard place. From previous posts there is evidence of a gathering groundswell of support for protest and he knows he must placate the fans in order for his own vision for Hearts to move forward.

His next throw of the dice is either concede defeat on the team selection issue or lose any support left amongst the fans. Though obviously this has been brewing for months, I think it's finally about to come to a head. Just wondered what scenario is most likely in the next few months? I for one, am very worried I soon won't have a team to support.

Theres plenty sheep left for him to play for another year.

Only yesterday did 1 wake up a realise Mr Romanov is no longer king. Just 9,000 more! :eek:

Vlad's next move :

Under an LRT doubledecker on Gorgie Road would be a result.

Five to One

Well said, but Roman in complete control might be even worse! If that's possible...

Winston Ingram

Think we have to be careful with this "nobody will touch the job" lark. It's a big enough mess without sensationalism.

McGhee's reasons for knocking it back are little-known but from what he has said, and he seems genuine, Vlad's working terms were no problem.

Weiss was offered his national team's job. A Scottish, or any other manager, would surely accept an equivalent post if push came to shove.

Icelander - not even interviewed.

Ruber was not offered the job. He seems to think he won't get it after talks with Vlad, so chose to pipe up with stuff about structures. On closer inspection, he is no great loss anyway. In the recent past, Eric Black made similar claims about "knocking back" Hearts when he had not been offered the job during a meeting in the Sheraton Hotel (Levein ultimately got it, I think).

Another two (at least) were interviewed last week, therein probably lies your new boss.. even more so because no names have yet come out.

Charlie-Brown

Tuesdays EEN says Robers wage demands were 1M Euro's or approx ?790K which is more than double what McGhee was reportedly offered it doesn't say Hearts offered Rober that amount - Mondays Daily Record also quotes Rober as saying he wasn't offered a contract yet and he believed Vlad was speaking to other candidates which might be confirmed by the same EEN article that says 3 people were interviewed in the last week although it's difficult to ascertain exactly where this information originated.

Carl Weathers

Only yesterday did 1 wake up a realise Mr Romanov is no longer king. Just 9,000 more! :eek:

:hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish:

Jake Gittes

With the return of Angel, I can smell the resurrection of the triumvirate with the addition of a Kaunas puppet. THEN.....

Season will collapse. Vlad will blame everyone but himself, he will ignore advice and will not want to hear bad news. He will impose ridiculous demands on staff and players to achieve results which his tactics and methods mean they never can. He will believe there are plots and conspiracies at every turn from those who are either weak or evil or blind to how wonderful he is. This will make him even more determined NEVER TO CHANGE HIS MIND. Those around him will stroke his ego and and tell him that he is right and that they believe, like him, in a "final victory" in the SPL and European glory. And that he is a footballing genius.......does the story not ring bells?

Five to One
Think we have to be careful with this "nobody will touch the job" lark. It's a big enough mess without sensationalism.

McGhee's reasons for knocking it back are little-known but from what he has said, and he seems genuine, Vlad's working terms were no problem.

Weiss was offered his national team's job. A Scottish, or any other manager, would surely accept an equivalent post if push came to shove.

Ruber was not offered the job. He seems to think he won't get it after talks with Vlad, so chose to pipe up with stuff about structures. On closer inspection, he is no great loss anyway. In the recent past, Eric Black made similar claims about "knocking back" Hearts when he had not been offered the job during a meeting in the Sheraton Hotel (Levein ultimately got it, I think).

Another two (at least) were interviewed last week, therein probably lies your new boss.. even more so because no names have yet come out.

Interesting you mention Eric Black. Always thought he's be a decent coach for Hearts and has all the coaching credentials, if little frontline managerial experience.

It's those 'two other names' that worry me as they're possibly just yes men.

robin_hobosblind

That all you got ...oh look at me...

:hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish:

You want me to upload photos of my hearts tickets from last season and beyond you prat. Take your witch hunt elsewhere! :mad:

Winston Ingram
Interesting you mention Eric Black. Always thought he's be a decent coach for Hearts and has all the coaching credentials, if little frontline managerial experience.

It's those 'two other names' that worry me as they're possibly just yes men.

I forget the circumstances exactly, but Black met them in the Sheraton (he was captured on tv) and claimed he was offered the job, much to Hearts' ire. It struck me at the time, and still does, that it is easy for a manager who thinks he has no chance of getting the gig after an interview to boost his own public and media profile by getting in ahead of the game.

Five to One
With the return of Angel, I can smell the resurrection of the triumvirate with the addition of a Kaunas puppet. THEN.....

Season will collapse. Vlad will blame everyone but himself, he will ignore advice and will not want to hear bad news. He will impose ridiculous demands on staff and players to achieve results which his tactics and methods mean they never can. He will believe there are plots and conspiracies at every turn from those who are either weak or evil or blind to how wonderful he is. This will make him even more determined NEVER TO CHANGE HIS MIND. Those around him will stroke his ego and and tell him that he is right and that they believe, like him, in a "final victory" in the SPL and European glory. And that he is a footballing genius.......does the story not ring bells?

I hear you and fear you are most probably right. I think one of the things us fans failed to grasp when Vlad came on board was that it would be so easy for him to retreat to Lithuania and bury his head in the sand. His attitude is probably 'oh well, two out of my three teams are doing ok.' We're just his overseas experiment.

Five to One
I forget the circumstances exactly, but Black met them in the Sheraton (he was captured on tv) and claimed he was offered the job, much to Hearts' ire. It struck me at the time, and still does, that it is easy for a manager who thinks he has no chance of getting the gig after an interview to boost his own public and media profile by getting in ahead of the game.

True. So you think there could be a conspiracy within the conspiracy? In other words the interview went badly so Rober pre-emted a KB by complaining about Vlad's demands?

Nelly Terraces

Hopefully his next move will involve kicking of a chair followed by swinging side to side on a rope.

Goodnight.

Winston Ingram
True. So you think there could be a conspiracy within the conspiracy? In other words the interview went badly so Rober pre-emted a KB by complaining about Vlad's demands?

I've no idea what happened at interview but such a policy has been adopted before, close to home, and it does Ruber no harm. In fact, he gets some decent publicity that he would otherwise never have had if just interviewed for the job, knocked back, and vanished back into UK football oblivion.

Now he will be known as "the guy who refused to work with Romanov". In reality, that may not be the case (and Hearts will say it is certainly not the case!!).

Carl Weathers
That all you got ...oh look at me...

You want me to upload photos of my hearts tickets from last season and beyond you prat. Take your witch hunt elsewhere! :mad:

Do it now RobinP, do it now!

:)

Tuesdays EEN says Robers wage demands were 1M Euro's or approx ?790K which is more than double what McGhee was reportedly offered it doesn't say Hearts offered Rober that amount - Mondays Daily Record also quotes Rober as saying he wasn't offered a contract yet and he believed Vlad was speaking to other candidates which might be confirmed by the same EEN article that says 3 people were interviewed in the last week although it's difficult to ascertain exactly where this information originated.

Similarly though it was reported that Hearts were only offering approx 50% wages to Weiss compared to that of McGhee. Seems to me a better idea would have been to offer the same to ensure Weiss took the job, however possibly he felt peeved at being seen as a cheaper option for Romanov and went with the Slovakian NT job instead.

Hearts are happy to pay out big money for players, and are looking to break the OF, maybe a big name manager is worth his ?1m per year if he can deliver. Or even offer him half that as base pay with title winning bonuses on top.

LiamWallace

Vlad I think wants to get a manager but he is just hopeless at securing one. for me the signs that he is at least making geniune moves for managers like McGhee shows there is a willingness there even though he aint delivered yet.

By The Light..

Vlads next move will be a continuation of his current 'moves';

1. sell players

2. release expensive players from the wage bill that cannot be sold

3. bring in free or low cost euro imports, often on kaunas loans

When was the last time we brought in an SPL player, bosman or otherwise, with the exception of Mikey Stewart?

Face it, VR does not want to compete in this league.

The fans are being disregarded completely here.

Colonel Kurtz

I have been told that Romanov does not control the purse strings,the "auditor" from UBIG who as over last year does,he vetoed paying Robber and Pinalla so much.

The Real Maroonblood
I have been told that Romanov does not control the purse strings,the "auditor" from UBIG who as over last year does,he vetoed paying Robber and Pinalla so much.

If that is the case the "auditor" who calls the shots financially must see we are in freefall because of Romanov. You would think that he could tell him to get is act together.

Hearts are happy to pay out big money for players, and are looking to break the OF

Oh sweety, that is sooooooo 3 seasons ago....

Any frothing excitement about the supposed 2 mystery interviewees must be tempered by the fact that Cervenkov is now back as permanent reserve team coach

What respected and competent manager would want an incompetent reserve team coach who is widely disliked by the players to be in charge of the reserves?

People need to realise that Romanov is taking advantage of their love for a club and using it to work them up the back

Buffalo Bill

Seeing as you have such a strong opinion on season tickets holders, why don't you start a picket line at the turnstiles calling us all Vladsheep?

I'm sure it would prove beyond doubt that actions are stronger than words because let's face it: anyone can come on here and type words into a keyboard. Even Hobos.

Cheers,

Buffalo Bill

jambovambo

Is it possible for a post to be made and then go into limbo for a year, maybe two ?

Or did you really just post that?

Certainly rings bells.

Trouble is, the slow, inexorable, downward spiral continues ...

For what its worth I think Winston is spot on and if everyone on the board just took time to think about it I think we wouldn't be in the negative soul destroying cycle that JKB seems to thrive on. As of today it looks likely that only 2 people have been offered the job McGhee and Weiss and they both have decent reasons for saying no although in McGhee's case a pretty weak reason.

Let's just wait a few days more to see if Vlad comes up with someone with a decent level of credibility. We need someone in place within a week or so before they head out for warm-up games. If no-one s appointed by then I think we are in trouble.

I think everyone on the board would have been optimistic if either McGhee or Weiss had accepted the role so let's see who third choice is.

For what its worth I think Winston is spot on and if everyone on the board just took time to think about it I think we wouldn't be in the negative soul destroying cycle that JKB seems to thrive on. As of today it looks likely that only 2 people have been offered the job McGhee and Weiss and they both have decent reasons for saying no although in McGhee's case a pretty weak reason.

Let's just wait a few days more to see if Vlad comes up with someone with a decent level of credibility. We need someone in place within a week or so before they head out for warm-up games. If no-one s appointed by then I think we are in trouble.

I think everyone on the board would have been optimistic if either McGhee or Weiss had accepted the role so let's see who third choice is.

That's kinda my view on things, at least that's what i want to believe. I hope so anyway.:wacko:

mickmaroon

Just out of interest - and I am in no way, shape or form doubting your 100% jamtartiness - but did you ever post your ticket to the killie match, as per:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?p=191510#post191510

?

You're trying to be fair and fair dues

As of today though we are in the 7th month of our manager search. We've started pre-season without any sort of recognised coaching set up

That in anyone's language is a shambles.

On the balance of positivity we are in negative territory. Sorry :sad:

He will bring in another non event Manager who has worked for him before in some capacity and then sack him after about three months so we will be managerless again round about the next transfer window.

Archived