Fuel Line Repair

Салатные палочки

Салатные палочки

Driving home today on my usual route home from work. The glare was absolutely horrific and at one point I could barely see the road. To make matters worse I hit something on the road. Stopped to check for blood or fur in case it was a wee squirrel or something but think it might have been a wee boulder. Noticed that the heat sheild was buckled and hanging off and there was fuel leaking out. I managed to get home and called recovery who confirmed it was a ruptured fuel line. 

Now does anyone know how much this will cost to fix and how long it will take? I'll need to take a leave day on Monday to sort a garage as I don't have a regular one I go to so no idea what to expect really. 

Third time I've had to fork out on this ******* in four months. 

Honestly depends on the make and model of the car and the extent of damage to the fuel line. If the fuel line need replaced entirely then your looking at 5-7 hours of labour costs which at around 100 pound an hour would be pricey. If it can be repaired then a couple of clamps/fuel line repair kits should suffice. YouTube tutorials would be your best place to start. 

Салатные палочки

Jeezo :laugh:

Oh well. Can't find a garage that's open just now anyway so will need to deal with it tomorrow. What an absolute pain in the hole. 

Can be a swine of a job.

The line itself will cost about £30.

Expect to be quoted for 3 hours labour.

I’d guess at £250-£300 all in.

Салатные палочки

Turns out it's a fuel tank that's needed.  Garage confirmed a hole the size of a 50p piece.  They tried to source a new tank from Ford.  £470!! :laugh2:

I have since found one on ebay for £65 inc. 24hr delivery. 

Now just the labour to worry about

:muggy:

17 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Turns out it's a fuel tank that's needed.  Garage confirmed a hole the size of a 50p piece.  They tried to source a new tank from Ford.  £470!! :laugh2:

just hope it is diane abbot who puts the quote together

18 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

feel your pain . My front drivers side suspension gave up the ghost last week put it in a tyre centre today for wheel alignment and there’s yet more issues on passengers side . Including recovery I’m up at £440 so far, guess it’ll end up over £600 at this rate .... 😐