Is this racially aggravated abuse ?

CJGJ

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

They were having pretty rudimentary digs at one anothers race or nationality, a phobia is a fear, I doubt either are really scared.

World has changed for good, what was seen as ignorant, stupid name calling will forever now be racism

Yeah. 

I agree. 

My days of beating up elderly, black, disabled gay folk are finished tbh. 

Although you could argue that racism etc is born out of fear, ignorance etc but manifests its self through hate. 

JKB, the thinking man's forum. 👍

4 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

League game the week before, when Miller and Burchill gave us a win at CP.

I’ll take your word for it Steve, but was sure it was the big cup semi.

Silly either way. Calling him a fat, baldy ******* would have got him off presumably !

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah. 

I agree. 

My days of beating up elderly, black, disabled gay folk are finished tbh. 

Although you could argue that racism etc is born out of fear, ignorance etc but manifests its self through hate. 

JKB, the thinking man's forum. 👍

You missed out the Bi's you still do them in Tosh :lol:

Bazzas right boot
47 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You missed out the Bi's you still do them in Tosh :lol:

Nah, they fight back. 

alwaysthereinspirit
12 hours ago, jonesy said:

Does this mean we still can’t  call John Hartson a Welsh ****? Clarification needed.

Well he is Welsh. And only his Mother knows for definite. One of the weirdest football bans ever. An absolute joke based on what we hear every week at two seperate football grounds.

13 hours ago, HMFC86 said:

I’m positive a Hearts fan was arrested and charged at Celtic park for calling him a fat Welsh ****. 

Even though it’s true?

Just now, The Kdogg said:

Even though it’s true?

Well quite. I guess the argument comes down to whether he is a **** because he is Welsh? The answer is no. 

So all three things were factual. 

2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Father was Welsh and was called Taff all his life ( even by my Mum. ) Taff is the river that runs through Cardiff ( for those that don't know. ) 

On the subject: What do you call a sheep tied to a lamppost in Wales?

A leisure center.

Reported :arf:

13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Does the above mean that if Scotland are playing England then it would be racist to play Flower of Scotland before the game as it would be a sustained attack that is derogatory to England on the basis of nationality?

I'm glad I'm not 16 now.

How would I cope with being called.

East coast .

FRISP(****ing, Repugnent, Ignorant, Scottish, Pig).

PJ(Poxy Jock). All after just two days in the Royal Navy. Hurt me so much. I stayed for eleven years.

Edited by John Findlay

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Does the above mean that if Scotland are playing England then it would be racist to play Flower of Scotland before the game as it would be a sustained attack that is derogatory to England on the basis of nationality?

Ask a lawyer, I provided a link to the law of the land to show racists that don’t realise that they are. GSTQ has a line about crushing rebellious Scots, both songs are sung by people who voted No in 2014, ask them how they feel about it.

"We would like to apologise to all supporters of Cardiff City Football Club who played no part in any discriminatory abuse and feel that their character has been blemished unwarrantedly by the announcement which was made over the PA system at Madejski  Stadium.

Reading Football Club are liaising with the relevant football authorities to consider how football-wide protocol issued to us was implemented in this instance and we will review our procedure regarding public matchday announcements of this nature accordingly.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
5 hours ago, Boab said:

I’ll take your word for it Steve, but was sure it was the big cup semi.

Silly either way. Calling him a fat, baldy ******* would have got him off presumably !

It was, and now I recall it was actually Bellamy

A ban from Tynecastle was temporarily imposed, after a strong "Free the Orwell One" campaign, Our Vlad lifted said ban :wub: 

Just now, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

It was, and now I recall it was actually Bellamy

A ban from Tynecastle was temporarily imposed, after a strong "Free the Orwell One" campaign, Our Vlad lifted said ban :wub: 

So it was !

Bellamy, that’s right. Cheers, Steve.

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

So when we call Aberdeen fans sheepsh@ggers does that fall under the same heading?

No as it’s not a race, religion or nationality. 

you can call people basically what you like unless you insert racial, nationality or religion into it. Also remember homophobic language out too. Ie the chant re the Hibbies to the white stripes tune. That’s an offence to sing that. 

however if you shout and swear calling people names in an aggressive manner it is with a Breach of the Peace or a Section 38 Criminal Justice and Licensing Scotland Act 2010 offence. 

just be nice 😂 and you don’t need to worry. 

4 hours ago, Ribble said:

What lines in Flower of Scotland are you thinking of? 

1 hour ago, spirt of 98 said:

you can call people basically what you like unless you insert racial, nationality or religion into it. Also remember homophobic language out too. Ie the chant re the Hibbies to the white stripes tune. That’s an offence to sing that. 

however if you shout and swear calling people names in an aggressive manner it is with a Breach of the Peace or a Section 38 Criminal Justice and Licensing Scotland Act 2010 offence. 

just be nice 😂 and you don’t need to worry. 

What, all the hibbies are "happy"? :qqb006:

But I live in England. Does that count? :ninja: How would this effect @Morgan ? He stays on the Riveria. :laugh:

Just being facetious :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

What, all the hibbies are "happy"? :qqb006:

But I live in England. Does that count? :ninja: How would this effect @Morgan ? He stays on the Riveria. :laugh:

Just being facetious :thumbsup:

My lips are sealed.

Seymour M Hersh
11 hours ago, Boab said:

Was it not the SC Semi that boy got done ?

Either way, it’s getting ridiculous.

It was at darkheid and all around the locals were chanting dirty orange *******s at the Hearts fans. But that was okay apparently.

portobellojambo1
20 hours ago, HMFC86 said:

I’m positive a Hearts fan was arrested and charged at Celtic park for calling him a fat Welsh ****. 

There was an HMFC fan arrested at Parkhead once, but I think the target of whatever it was he said (can't remember the exact words but they were about as upsetting/offensive as discovering you've been walking about with your shoe laces untied) was Craig Bellamy.

Edited by portobellojambo1

annushorribilis III
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ask a lawyer, I provided a link to the law of the land to show racists that don’t realise that they are. GSTQ has a line about crushing rebellious Scots, both songs are sung by people who voted No in 2014, ask them how they feel about it.

Last I read this was a (Victorian) music hall version of the song. It has never officially been part of the "national anthem". 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Last I read this was a (Victorian) music hall version of the song. It has never officially been part of the "national anthem". 

That’s ok then 🙈

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

That's never bothered me that line. 

I presume it is in reference to Celtic fans.  

Pasquale for King
Just now, SUTOL said:

That's never bothered me that line. 

I presume it is in reference to Celtic fans.  

Scots? Foreign owner, manager, players and fans. Worse than their ugly sisters. Can’t say I’ve ever listened to the song long enough to even hear that verse.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

If you think so. 

I don’t, the emoji indicates my disdain for Liz the last and her song that’s been hijacked by a bunch of Catholic hating morons who can’t sing a football song.

6 hours ago, Ribble said:

No. 

If someone in England or Wales walks up to you and calls you a Scottish ^^^^ and you or another person who heard it is offended, the person who called you it can be prosecuted under the definition of Racial abuse. 

Flower of Scotland is a bit like Jerusalem (I hate that song) as it’s an anthem. A bit like the way that Celtic fans singing Sean South or Rangers fans singing the sash is.

You walk un to a Scouser and call him a Scouse ^^^^ isn’t because Scousers are not defined as a race