Burton fans have their say on Boyce's debut....

Section Q

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Interesting you should say that. I didn't plan this but gradually I've just stopped watching most EPL games and a lot of the Champs League and Uefa league stuff as well. I don't even know why but I'd just rather watch Scottish stuff now and i include the Scottish Championship in that.

Same here.

Edit.

Good work, @i8hibsh.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• McCrae

• Rudy T

• Section Q

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

N Lincs Jambo
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

Every team has it's core local support, no one's slagging them. 

I spend a lot of my time in Scunthorpe and Grimsby and in all honesty I can count on the fingers of one hand the people I know from either of these towns who actually claim to support Scunthorpe United or Grimsby Town. On the other hand I know plenty of people who “support” your Liverpools, Man U and Arsenal.

One guy I know who is “die-hard” Liverpool has never even been to Anfield. He lives less than a mile from Glanford Park. Scunny currently have a core support of about 3k and Grimsby 6k. If the locals would actually support them in numbers these clubs could really kick on.

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Our priority is the men’s team. Wasn’t the Women’s team money provided by our sponsor specifically for that purpose?

3 hours ago, McCrae said:

No, the funding has come from our regular income. I would like to make it clear that I am not against supporting women’s football. My argument is that we have been excessive.  The amount of money we are spending could have paid for another Boyce type player.  The decision to spend such a large amount was a mistake,

You sure?

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/three-year-partnership-with-umbro

We are particularly pleased that Umbro is backing the move to bring women’s football into the Club.  Their commitment to supporting the development and growth of women’s football at Hearts has brought in an additional six figure investment.  We welcome their progressive approach and commitment to supporting the diversity of our players and our fan base.

Just to add, if you are right and this money is in addition to the £100k from the club then fair enough, still disagree with you though.  ;) 

Edited by graygo

Guest ToqueJambo
9 hours ago, cameron79 said:

Richard Gordon essentially said the same thing on Sunday. Bitter Sheep, they know they've let a golden opportunity to dominate in relative terms slip through their fingers. When us, hibs and the rangers were struggling they managed 1 measly league cup win. Only thing they'll win now is a lifetime of average mcinnes football and a debt on an unfinished stadium. 

The brass neck of Gordon given he's an Aberdeen fan and knows how much they've been paying over the last 5 years.

Aberdeen finished 9th in 2010/11 and 2011/12 and 8th in 2012/13.

They then started spending their way out of trouble, further helped by us, Hibs and Rangers all being in lower leagues.

Aberdeen fans like Gordon really grind my gears. They've zero self-awareness.

Edited by ToqueJambo

21 minutes ago, graygo said:

You sure?

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/three-year-partnership-with-umbro

We are particularly pleased that Umbro is backing the move to bring women’s football into the Club.  Their commitment to supporting the development and growth of women’s football at Hearts has brought in an additional six figure investment.  We welcome their progressive approach and commitment to supporting the diversity of our players and our fan base.

Just to add, if you are right and this money is in addition to the £100k from the club then fair enough, still disagree with you though.  ;) 

👍

15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The brass neck of Gordon given he's an Aberdeen fan and knows how much they've been paying over the last 5 years.

Aberdeen finished 9th in 2010/11 and 2011/12 and 8th in 2012/13.

They then started spending their way out of trouble, further helped by us, Hibs and Rangers all being in lower leagues.

Aberdeen fans like Gordon really grind my gears. They've zero self-awareness.

Just to be nit picky. Let’s not put Hibs up on a pedestal. Generally a 5th place or lower team. They rarely affect teams who challenge top 3. 👍🏻

On 26/01/2020 at 23:24, August Landmesser said:

Comparing Tynie to the Den too. Crikey.

One of the glad that the wee huns beat the big huns. Mind you he had been watching Celtic v Ross County on the Saturday 

On 27/01/2020 at 05:43, dazinho88 said:

Really annoys me when we are referred to as wee huns or diet huns etc. Pish chat, I detest both of the cheeks

A bit of an understatement. It's sickening. 

gorgie rd eh11
17 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I think you need to read your own posts.

Looks to me like a guy with an english accent supports Hearts, is he different to a man Utd with an Irish accent?

Very different. He didn't choose his team because they win every week.