Burton fans have their say on Boyce's debut....

Section Q

"""Wow, what a start for Liam Boyce today in his debut game for Hearts! Winning goal and an assist against Rangers. It couldn't get much better than that for him.

I watched a bit of the game today just out of idle curiosity and have to say I am no longer wondering why he chose to leave us and move back to Scotland. Forget the money and the security of a long term deal, the atmosphere created by the 18k fans in the ground is something most players of his level would want to perform in front of. We do our best with our 2k hardcore but that was chalk and cheese in comparison.

I said it the other day but the town of Burton has let its football club down in recent years. With the progress we have made over the last ten years we ought to be playing in front of 4-5k regularly and then and only then might we have half a chance of holding onto our best players. We know we will always be either a stepping stone onto better things or a place to see out your career in the eyes of players but we've got to do better attendance wise than we are doing.

Well done Liam, it looked immense today and is great start to your career back in the Scottish Premier League."""

Read more: http://burtonbrewers.proboards.com/thread/3978/liam-boyce?page=5#ixzz6CBIZkXXu

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• McCrae

• Rudy T

• Section Q

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another quote from tbeir message board

"""Yes a big crowd against Rangers, they don't do badly against other teams either, maybe 12-14k even 12k in their league cup.
I see why he's gone apart from the money, we do our best but as above no competition on crowds anyway."""

Read more: http://burtonbrewers.proboards.com/thread/3978/liam-boyce?page=5#ixzz6CBJrmLaV

2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

"""Wow, what a start for Liam Boyce today in his debut game for Hearts! Winning goal and an assist against Rangers. It couldn't get much better than that for him.

I watched a bit of the game today just out of idle curiosity and have to say I am no longer wondering why he chose to leave us and move back to Scotland. Forget the money and the security of a long term deal, the atmosphere created by the 18k fans in the ground is something most players of his level would want to perform in front of. We do our best with our 2k hardcore but that was chalk and cheese in comparison.

I said it the other day but the town of Burton has let its football club down in recent years. With the progress we have made over the last ten years we ought to be playing in front of 4-5k regularly and then and only then might we have half a chance of holding onto our best players. We know we will always be either a stepping stone onto better things or a place to see out your career in the eyes of players but we've got to do better attendance wise than we are doing.

Well done Liam, it looked immense today and is great start to your career back in the Scottish Premier League."""

Read more: http://burtonbrewers.proboards.com/thread/3978/liam-boyce?page=5#ixzz6CBIZkXXu

Atmosphere was absolutely outstanding today ... for any other supporters looking in what’s not to like? We don’t get plaudits all over Britain for the Tynie atmosphere for nothing .... even when English teams come they always seem to comment ... it’s nothing new ... it’s a lions den that is currently being brought back to life 😀

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Nice to see their fans wishing us well.

Comparing Tynie to the Den too. Crikey.

The fact it has taken a game like today to prove to Burton Albion fans that we are a far bigger and more attractive proposition than them just just shows how out of proportion the game us in England. 

They were actually questioning Boyce decision to come here. 😂

And a quick look at what our city neighbours thought of the game. Sounds like they're disappointed...😂

"""Not sure why they are getting so excited.theyve broke the bank to get several playerz in - there wage bill must be way above what they can afford and they have **** all to show for it.bottom of the league relagation fodder with a very lucky win over a very poor Rangers side woopday ****ing do.they are still favourites to go down and can’t repeat that performance or get lucky every game.as soon as they play away from home again they will get beat.rest assured Hearts will go down.they are absolutely ***** and I can’t get my head around why there supporters are so confident. Pish side, ***** stand, spending a fortune and they willl still go down, **** the hearts

20 minutes ago, Section Q said:

And a quick look at what our city neighbours thought of the game. Sounds like they're disappointed...😂

"""Not sure why they are getting so excited.theyve broke the bank to get several playerz in - there wage bill must be way above what they can afford and they have **** all to show for it.bottom of the league relagation fodder with a very lucky win over a very poor Rangers side woopday ****ing do.they are still favourites to go down and can’t repeat that performance or get lucky every game.as soon as they play away from home again they will get beat.rest assured Hearts will go down.they are absolutely ***** and I can’t get my head around why there supporters are so confident. Pish side, ***** stand, spending a fortune and they willl still go down, **** the hearts

Sounds a bit like my brother in law who first told me that in 1983 🤷🏼‍♂️

I know you watch 😎

luckyBatistuta
17 minutes ago, Section Q said:

and I thought today couldn’t get any better:rofl:

must have watched our game, hope it fekn

Ya fekn hobo barsteward 

any excuse to play possibly the best song ever😜

We've even got praise from Boston Hibby today although he called us the jobby that won't flush and he wonders where we got all the money from for all the players we signed.

FoH Boston, bennyfacturs, ST sales, player sales.  Boston represents the intellectual wing of .net and I think he actually knows all this.

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

Lose a goal early in the first half, then equalise, then score an 84th minute winner. That would never happen. Sad Hobo sacks.

image.png.6d5a71a4d417afecf174f62430378c9d.png

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

F....g zoomers,,,hearts are edinburghs team,,, that lot can go to f....k   obsessed with the maroon and white....🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦👏👏👏🙌   

Reassuring the way the Barnsley thread quickly descended into pointless bickering. 

We are not alone. 😀

alicante jambo
6 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Staying up this season will be like winning the league if this is the typical Hibs reaction. Obsessed delusional mutants. 

I mentioned this a few days ago. They are away with it. Right now they're season depends on where we finish they are still hurting so much from the glorious day in may.

4 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

No keen on the Dhim calling us Wee Huns

Really annoys me when we are referred to as wee huns or diet huns etc. Pish chat, I detest both of the cheeks

5 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

No keen on the Dhim calling us Wee Huns

Saw that too and just cringed.

Small town English bloke trying to be all “down with the banter” on Scottish football 😂

6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Sounds a bit like my brother in law who first told me that in 1983 🤷🏼‍♂️

I know you watch 😎

Does your brother in law know the difference between there and their?

7 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Atmosphere was absolutely outstanding today ... for any other supporters looking in what’s not to like? We don’t get plaudits all over Britain for the Tynie atmosphere for nothing .... even when English teams come they always seem to comment ... it’s nothing new ... it’s a lions den that is currently being brought back to life 😀

Man City supporting friend of mine from my time in London texted me to commend the Hearts supporters and the victory over Rangers. Planning to come up and take in a game. Tynecastle under Stendel will return to being the best stadium for atmosphere not only in Scotland but in Europe.

"Hearts will be laughing at how cheap they managed to get him for if he has many more performances like that."

Bloody right. £150k is a steal for Boyce.

1 hour ago, dazinho88 said:

Really annoys me when we are referred to as wee huns or diet huns etc. Pish chat, I detest both of the cheeks

You just need to read the comments about the section of away fans to understand how folk think it though as shit as it is.

2 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Does your brother in law know the difference between there and their?

When he’s sober...probably. 

8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Staying up this season will be like winning the league if this is the typical Hibs reaction. Obsessed delusional mutants. 

If we continue like we played yesterday, top 6 isn’t miles away. One step at a time obviously but we have momentum now. Imagine we finished above them hahaha 

3 hours ago, dazinho88 said:

Unfortunately some of our 'fans' are hell-bent on behaving exactly like the huns.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
9 hours ago, Section Q said:

:pleasing:

But they’re “over 5-1...” aye :lol: 

7 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

If we continue like we played yesterday, top 6 isn’t miles away. One step at a time obviously but we have momentum now. Imagine we finished above them hahaha 

It's not an impossibility that we could. We need to beat St Johnstone first though but they will self combust when we avoid relegation. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

It's not an impossibility that we could. We need to beat St Johnstone first though but they will self combust when we avoid relegation. 

If we win at St Johnston then I think we should firmly have our sights set on Hibs. 12 points goes quickly when you have momentum. 

2 hours ago, Hearts Daft said:

Man City supporting friend of mine from my time in London texted me to commend the Hearts supporters and the victory over Rangers. Planning to come up and take in a game. Tynecastle under Stendel will return to being the best stadium for atmosphere not only in Scotland but in Europe.

Hear hear my friend 👍

1 hour ago, Henrysmithstaxi said:

York City get more at home than Burton, in National League North.

In fairness Burton themselves were at that level(and lower) in the very recent past. They’re not a natural league 1/championship club by any means.

More comments from the Brewskies.....

"""I watched the game also.

Liam Boyce only 10 days ago played at the Pirelli Stadium, in front of empty terraces, 2005 fans, against MK Dons.

Yesterday he played at the wonderful 20000 all seater, packed to the rafters, Tynecastle Park against Glasgow Rangers in a game probably shown across the World via different media.

A no brainer really.

I hope he does well. He gives everything. He played up front in a two with Naismith and I often wish he had been used like that for us; he seemed to have more room and space to play at his best.

I don’t know what we got for him. Rumours on Saturday varied between 150 and 250 with sell on clauses. Who knows?!

Read more: http://burtonbrewers.proboards.com/thread/3978/liam-boyce?page=5#ixzz6CEPTodo3

3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Unfortunately some of our 'fans' are hell-bent on behaving exactly like the huns.

Exactly, I do hate when we're seen as mini huns but what I really hate is when Hearts fans give the accusers the ammunition in the first place.

annushorribilis III
3 hours ago, Henrysmithstaxi said:

York City get more at home than Burton, in National League North.

They have no real League footballing history and Forest/Derby are just up the road. 

WheatfieldWarrior
13 hours ago, Section Q said:

Ah, those teams that can't hold a lead...

:)

15 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I take it we used the Mulraney money to pay for Boyce.

The money we spent on LB is less than what we are spending on women’s football this year.

17 hours ago, dazinho88 said:

We are the HEARTS   nothing else f...k what the others say or think !🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦👍👏

11 hours ago, Smithee said:

Exactly, I do hate when we're seen as mini huns but what I really hate is when Hearts fans give the accusers the ammunition in the first place.

Doesn't help when we invite a Rangers fan to do the half time draw.

Just because he played for Hearts for a few games 30 years ago.

Whoever organised that needs booted in the nuts.😡

Nice to see proper football fans from Burton and Barnsley take an interest in Scottish football, contrast to the ignorance from the EPL fan boys

julienbrellier
On 27/01/2020 at 00:35, Section Q said:

extremely accurate reflection of the average Hibs fan. This pleb has echoed what the bitters are saying all over social media and in group conversations. Pathetic, hurting, girfuy :jjyay:

also a lucky win :rofl:

18 hours ago, McCrae said:

The money we spent on LB is less than what we are spending on women’s football this year.

I don't take any interest in the women's side so excuse my ignorance but how much are we spending on it?

18 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

“broke the bank”

I bet he actually believes that.

Richard Gordon essentially said the same thing on Sunday. Bitter Sheep, they know they've let a golden opportunity to dominate in relative terms slip through their fingers. When us, hibs and the rangers were struggling they managed 1 measly league cup win. Only thing they'll win now is a lifetime of average mcinnes football and a debt on an unfinished stadium. 

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I don't take any interest in the women's side so excuse my ignorance but how much are we spending on it?

Well into 6 figures according to the club. At the time some fans thought it was no big deal and thought it was a small amount. I always thought it was excessive for our club and the money should be spent on the 1st team.  The question is would you rather sign another Boyce or put the money into women’s football.