Joel Pereira

jake

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

He reads the game well(ish) but, for me he doesn’t stop shots he should or come for crosses when he should, (Not many modern keepers do to be fair) if you watch their goal from yesterday he seemed to stretch for it with the arm furthest away from the ball. He’s not a keeper who will win us games when we’re right up against it. He’ll most certainly never play for his parent club unless he improves in the areas he’s currently lacking. IMO of course 

However I don’t wanna be negative. Yesterday was a fantastic day for us. Cracking game. Great atmosphere. Tyney at its very best

I just went and re-watched the goal as someone said similar yesterday and I thought I was remembering incorrectly about which hand he went with. He went with his right, the arm nearest the ball.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jamhammer

• jake

• It should have been ten

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You should get yourself off to a slug and lettuce half price.  Big fry up sorted me right. 

Braw and cheap

Edited by AlimOzturk

His distribution is pretty good to be fair and certainly seems confident with the ball at his feet. He didn't have too many big saves to make as Rangers chances were primarily skied or wide. It's a case of make do with him until the end of the season and probably clear all 3 GK's out and get 2/3 more in.

24 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I just went and re-watched the goal as someone said similar yesterday and I thought I was remembering incorrectly about which hand he went with. He went with his right, the arm nearest the ball.

I’ll need to re—watch. Seemed to do that thing a lot of keepers do and it’s probably taught and go with the “wrong” hand. Perhaps a keeper can explain

He reads the game well(ish) but, for me he doesn’t stop shots he should or come for crosses when he should, (Not many modern keepers do to be fair) if you watch their goal from yesterday he seemed to stretch for it with the arm furthest away from the ball. He’s not a keeper who will win us games when we’re right up against it. He’ll most certainly never play for his parent club unless he improves in the areas he’s currently lacking. IMO of course 

However I don’t wanna be negative. Yesterday was a fantastic day for us. Cracking game. Great atmosphere. Tyney at its very best

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.keeperportal.co.uk/top-bottom-hand-top-corner-saves/amp/

Maybe you should tell that to De Gea then?

He went for it perfectly normally. Different goalies have different ways of going for those balls. Neither way is “right”.

Looking at shots against us in games with and without him, We normally have let’s shots against us when he’s in goals, even against the same team. He reduces the amount of shots, and therefor the amount of chances. 

It’s probably the same with Man City and Liverpool with and without their starter. 

1B2E1C81-D94D-47B1-A5DE-EB61524434A1.jpeg

Edited by Dayman

6 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I’ll need to re—watch. Seemed to do that thing a lot of keepers do and it’s probably taught and go with the “wrong” hand. Perhaps a keeper can explain

If the ball is above you when you dive, you'll be able to reach higher with the 'wrong' hand by nature of it now being nearer the ball.

Edited by Taffin

Fxxx the SPFL

Can’t see it. Who negotiated that deal? Ridiculous if true.

i would have thought that in any loan deal part of it would include actually getting game time at a decent level otherwise the parent club get no benefit other than we pay part or all of his wages, as i said in my original post it could be bollocks.

1 hour ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

i would have thought that in any loan deal part of it would include actually getting game time at a decent level otherwise the parent club get no benefit other than we pay part or all of his wages, as i said in my original post it could be bollocks.

Hope so. 6k for doing feck all is more than Whelan got 😀

Fxxx the SPFL
3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Hope so. 6k for doing feck all is more than Whelan got 😀

Pereira had feck all to do yesterday lol.

13 hours ago, geomac said:

He's not, there's more chance of him playing for Man Utd than there is of you making a reasonable comment though regardless of how smart a dimwit you think you are

Miaow 😂