Top Posters In This Topic

• Jamhammer

• jake

• It should have been ten

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jack D and coke

It’s amazing that he still hasn’t made a good save though, even Doyle has managed that.

He looked better today and it can’t be argued he’s good with the ball at his feet and is always looking to start quick attacks but I just want to see him making some saves. 
We simply can’t use either of the other two though they’re absolutely horrendous. 

6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Doesn’t deserve the stick he gets on here!

He’s gash tbf.  Not a Zibi like the chuckle brothers kicking about the bench -  but there is more chance of Vince McMahon standing in our centre circle With a bag over his head to be revealed as our mystery benefactor “it was me all along god damnit” than there is Joel ever playing a minute on the pitch for Man Utd, regardless of how shite they are. 

Just now, Last Laff said:

He’s gash tbf.  Not a Zibi like the chuckle brothers kicking about the bench -  but there is more chance of Vince McMahon standing in our centre circle With a bag over his head to be revealed as our mystery benefactor “it was me all along god damnit” than there is Joel ever playing a minute on the pitch for Man Utd, regardless of how shite they are. 

He’s not tbf

Edited by Thomaso

rudi must stay
42 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

One swallow doesn't make a summer 

But a good game can lead to more good games.

Good Goalkeeper 

The Old Tolbooth
50 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Can make your night though 😳

40 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Exactly. Good performance today. 

wooosh 😂😂

42 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He's not, there's more chance of him playing for Man Utd than there is of you making a reasonable comment though regardless of how smart a dimwit you think you are

It should have been ten
5 minutes ago, geomac said:

He's not, there's more chance of him playing for Man Utd than there is of you making a reasonable comment though regardless of how smart a dimwit you think you are

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

55 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Apart from the three times he's already played for them, you mean? 

Granted he'll probably be released by United at the end of the season but I quite like him and think he's improved gradually since Stendel came in. Wouldn't be against us signing him permanently to compete with another new keeper. 

4 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

I still don’t think I have seen him make a save 

His confidence has increased with a better defence in front of him. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

So typical of you to barely acknowledge a superb win and rather continue to pick holes in everything.

A shite kinda fan TBH.

I see his value in the type of keeper he is. His distribution and reading of the game is invaluable to the way we play.

He is our extra man and this allows us to build from the back or take one or two pressing opponents out of the game. His pin point passing and distribution allows us to make gains further up the park or to counter attack. 

That ability is understated and probably because we haven't had or seen a goalkeeper in Scotland offer that before. 

His short comings have obviously been his shot stopping but like Halkett, like Clare and others, he has looked much better in a better organised team. So perhaps he will grow in confidence and show why he is at Man Utd. 

No doubt he will be away at the end of the season but it is crucial that we can replace him with someone who offers the same outlet on the ball but perhaps also, a better shot stopper.

There is one thing that I've noticed that he does, and it's that he almost goes to his knees before diving for a ball.  It's a really odd stance, because he never uses it to spring up, he just dives really low, and shots above chest height end up going over him. 

He's a solid SPFL goalkeeper, but probably not much more.

4 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I wouldn’t blame him for their goal.  Stats say he only had one other save to make but I can’t remember it to be honest.  That was down to some awful finishing not hitting the target and some great last gasp tackles.

That was his "made for tv" save that looked like it was going wide anyway, first half.

5 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

He’s starting to look more Man United than Torquay United finally. Playing behind a reliable defence is probably making a huge difference to his confidence.

100% this. 

It's amazing now we have a settled. Backline. And back ups for the backline also. 

Could always do with an extra centre half 

3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Doesn’t deserve the stick he gets on here!

the world nay explode today enjoy the final moments people. I agree with this post 💯 

10 hours ago, Cruyff said:

His contribution with his distribution and reading the game is essential to the way we play. Problems have come about when he's faced shots on target however. 

He'll do just now but we need someone with similar attributes but a better shot stopper next season. 

😂🤣😂🤣😂 Sometimes you forget what you’ve got as a head coach/manager when you’re not used to it, but now you have Stendel you have to give every player another chance.  it’s natural that every football fan thinks you have to buy to improve a position, I was the same up until last season, but it’s not the case you’ll see, once Stendel as improved the team as a whole, and implemented  his style of play and philosophy on them, he’ll get to work on each player individually and set about improving every aspect of their game. if your keeper, a ever important player at any club, is still here in February he believes he can coach him into being a better player, and he probably will.

10 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

If he was as good with his hands as he is with his feet he'd do. Perhaps Sievers will improve his shot stopping. Good game today but thought he could have been bigger at their goal

I hope this is sarcastic. He’d do for who? Chelsea? He’d be a starter for a top European club if his hands were as good as his feet. Not many keeps at any level can match his feet. 

5 hours ago, sadj said:

the world nay explode today enjoy the final moments people. I agree with this post 💯 

We are all Daniel’s men now! 👍😉

It should have been ten

Probably feels more at ease and confident now that bombscare Berra isn’t playing in front of him.

1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

Probably feels more at ease now that bombscare Berra isn’t playing in front of him.

Agreed, he looks more confident with decent centre backs in front of him.

Have to admit I had serious doubts about him in his early games.  Not so much his ability more the fact he looked prone to car crash moments (like Bobby).  He has improved since the break although still prone to rushing out.  I am happy to stick with him until summer.  

12 hours ago, Garrincha said:

No doubt he is good on the ball, but he’s not a shot stopper. Maybe being harsh but at their goal, why did he try to save with his right hand, when it was fired to his left!?

yes I think you’re “maybe being harsh”..

1 hour ago, Dayman said:

I hope this is sarcastic. He’d do for who? Chelsea? He’d be a starter for a top European club if his hands were as good as his feet. Not many keeps at any level can match his feet. 

He reads the game well(ish) but, for me he doesn’t stop shots he should or come for crosses when he should, (Not many modern keepers do to be fair) if you watch their goal from yesterday he seemed to stretch for it with the arm furthest away from the ball. He’s not a keeper who will win us games when we’re right up against it. He’ll most certainly never play for his parent club unless he improves in the areas he’s currently lacking. IMO of course 

However I don’t wanna be negative. Yesterday was a fantastic day for us. Cracking game. Great atmosphere. Tyney at its very best

Edited by Jamhammer

Thought his positioning was excellent. There was a couple half chances  for rangers that he was off his line and narrowed the angle well.

one of the most comfortable players on the bell we have and suits the system perfectly. 

Shot stopping is definitely something that can be worked on & as I’ve said previously strengthening work on his wrists would make a difference as his hands seem to bend back a lot when he’s missed a save. 

hopefully Stievers will improve him further. 

Fxxx the SPFL

i am led to believe that when he plays we only cough up £500 a week if he does not play then we pay Man Utd £6k seemingly part of the loan deal and that's from a jambo work colleague, might be bollocks but who knows.

1 minute ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

i am led to believe that when he plays we only cough up £500 a week if he does not play then we pay Man Utd £6k seemingly part of the loan deal and that's from a jambo work colleague, might be bollocks but who knows.

Can’t see it. Who negotiated that deal? Ridiculous if true.

14 hours ago, richiehmfc said:

I dont think its any coincidence that he looks more settled and composed with Souttar and Halkett in front of him or to put it another way, the whole defense looks calmer without Berra

The whole team looks much better without Berra in it.

Bazzas right boot

He had a good game because he didn't have a save to make. 

Still not for me, purely based that he doesn't stop enough shots. 

Handling and distribution good tho and he's far more reliable than Bobby or Doyle. 

Best we have but jury is very much out. 

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Can’t see it. Who negotiated that deal? Ridiculous if true.

Pretty common. 

Clubs loan thier players so they get game time so incentivise it. 

He's also going to play over Bobby and Doyle so £500 a week, if true is a bargain. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

46 minutes ago, richardhateshibs said:

Hes the worst keeper weve had in a long while. 

Better than Jack Hamilton