Craig Halkett

The Internet

Him and Souttar were brilliant. Won everything, covered the ground, put their bodies on the line and drove us forward. 

Brilliant by both of them.

Takeshi kovac

Best game by far today and that last 10 minutes Souttar won everything in the air. Could be a dominant partnership developing here

...was bemused by his sloppy performances earlier on as his Livi form was sensational, so glad to see him back to his best and doing himself and us justice....

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Best game in a Hearts Jersey. 

Still think he’s the worst centre back you’ve ever seen at Hearts?

Game of two halves today.  Souttar and Halkett getting in each other’s way and just generally being untidy first half, but both utterly flawless second half.

Holyrood_Hearts

Him & Soapy were excellent. What a difference they two have been at CB. Stendel been fully justified dropping Berra

27 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Trust you to turn a positive into a negative. I've never slaughtered any Hearts play for no reason. He was utter tripe. Today he was magnificent. I'll call it how it is. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

Trust you to turn a positive into a negative. I've never slaughtered any Hearts play for no reason. He was utter tripe. Today he was magnificent. I'll call it how it is. 

You’ve not, slavered unbelievable amounts of nonsense about one of the best young centre backs in the league. He’s been very good for both Livingston and Hearts. If we keep Souttar / Halkett and  Naismith / Boyce fit we should be fine.

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

You’ve not, slavered unbelievable amounts of nonsense about one of the best young centre backs in the league. He’s been very good for both Livingston and Hearts. If we keep Souttar / Halkett and  Naismith / Boyce fit we should be fine.

Utter shite. He was crap. He cost us goals. I'll call it how I see it. You can go on ignore. You're the worst poster on this forum. 

Much improved today. Some of his challenges saved us from conceding. Both him and Souttar up against Defoe and were brilliant. 

Celebration was brilliant. Especially for a big Rangers man

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Utter shite. He was crap. He cost us goals. I'll call it how I see it. You can go on ignore. You're the worst poster on this forum. 

He was utter trip but was also in the team of the season when at Livingston? Clearly you were wrong, just admit it and move on.

Tennant's  6's

Halkett & Souttar were immense, particularly towards the end of the game.

Some great last ditch defending, should be a solid paring omce they get a run of games together. 

2 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Halkett & Souttar were immense, particularly towards the end of the game.

Some great last ditch defending, should be a solid paring omce they get a run of games together. 

Indeed. Two great partnerships on the park today.

On 26/01/2020 at 17:34, GinRummy said:

I’ve been critical of him but that was brilliant today. 

Coverd every blade of grass , and some great blocks......

Tom Hardy’s Dug

It’s outrageous how far up the park you find our centre backs in open play under Stendel’s style.

I genuinely don’t know how it works without us getting ****ed over but Stendel is clearly a fantastic communicator because by and large it is getting better game on game and to complete a sea change in the way a team plays have way through a season is remarkable.

It hardly surprising any of the crocs will take a couple of games to find their feet.  I think Stendel and his coaches are still 2 or 3 games away,   hopefully without more injuries, from playing a settled side.  3 new guys have just come in.

That doesn't mean we won't be winning games in the interim.

We will.

Hope Haring's rest period is going well and he will be training without twinges next week.

If Halkett and Souttar don't get Scotland call ups before the end of the season I'll join HSL if it's still going.

Stendel isn't from the old boys network in Scotland. Dropping good Scottish laddies led to a gnashing of teeth.

Results are proving why we went outside on the goldfish pond for our coach.

On 27/01/2020 at 03:33, GavK1012 said:

...was bemused by his sloppy performances earlier on as his Livi form was sensational, so glad to see him back to his best and doing himself and us justice....

He was playing in team with no confidence, his partner was woeful and was a liabilty , we played a negative style of football .......

On 27/01/2020 at 03:22, E6 Inc said:

Him and Souttar were brilliant. Won everything, covered the ground, put their bodies on the line and drove us forward. 

Brilliant by both of them.

with Hickey and Smith back we will have a solid back line, that will only improve with game time. When you think how long Souttar was out , to come back like he has is a credit to his attitude . He will only improve with more minutes under his belt 

Edited by fila

4 hours ago, JamboAndrew said:

Stendel isn't from the old boys network in Scotland. Dropping good Scottish laddies led to a gnashing of teeth.

Results are proving why we went outside on the goldfish pond for our coach.

Interestingly we started with 6 Scots in our lineup. The 'Scottish' media darlings had 2. Another thing we should be comended for but the wait continues.

On 26/01/2020 at 17:33, Mr Elwood P said:

Did he actually say that ?!?!

Jesus......Halkett wasn’t even the worst CH we had playing for us this season.

Craig Halkett was immense on Sunday. At one point in the past, Cruyff thought he was shite. It happens. Instead of one or two posters trying to make something of it, how about they just get over it and realise folks opinions can change based on what they’re seeing?

Delighted for Halkett tho, thought he was ropey as f after his injury. Great to see him and Soupy forming the partnership we all hoped they would. 👍🏼👍🏼

fabienleclerq

Halkett played well on Sunday. Worth noting though that rangers chances came from long passes down the middle in general. Now obviously this is in part due to our new style but him and souttar have some work to do still getting used to each other and straightening that "zig zaggy" line. A faster player than Defoe and we might've been in trouble on Sunday. 

I missed the league cup games, but my first few times watching Halkett I wasn't overly impressed.

On 26/01/2020 at 17:33, Mr Elwood P said:

On 26/01/2020 at 18:03, Cruyff said:

To be fair to Cruyff, he’s not the only one to jump to rash conclusions when it comes to players after some of the utter tripe that has been served up this season. I myself said that Bozanic would make my worst ever Hearts XI. But he’s another player who’s improved significantly under Stendal.

On topic: Halkett was indeed brilliant and is another who seems to be thriving under DS.

Absolute class on Sunday. Unsung hero imo.

His effort poking the ball through for the first Hearts goal was brilliant.

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Did he actually say that ?!?!

Jesus......Halkett wasn’t even the worst CH we had playing for us this season.

Tbf, that was Halkett's best game in a Hearts Jersey. 

He deserved to be slaughtered for his previous form and he deserved to be praised for that performance. 

He has been shite this season. In fact in many games, diabolical. I think his performances v Ross County, Hamilton, Motherwell and Rangers earlier in the season are some of the worst I've ever seen from a Hearts Centerhalf and tbf, the highlights will back that up. 

He has to play like that everyweek at Hearts. Hopefully he will. 

Edited by Cruyff

He can shift for a big unit. Everytime I see him he reminds me of Davie Mcpherson. Great game Sunday well done.

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

He deserved to be slaughtered for his previous form and he deserved to be praised for that performance. 

He has been shite this season. In fact in many games, diabolical. I think his performances v Ross County, Hamilton, Motherwell and Rangers earlier in the season are some of the worst I've ever seen from a Hearts Centerhalf and tbf, the highlights will back that up. 

I think it’s no coincidence he’s looked much more assured once the worst CH at the club was taken out the team.

Halkett had a few decent games and an equally few dodgy one prior to his injury. But the whole team was all over the place.

He’s now getting fit and looking like finding his feet in a better organised team and proving he was a good signing

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Thought he was good against Aberdeen too, reckon he may have turned a corner under the manager 

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It’s crazy how much of a problem Berra had become for us...

He’d been a problem for the overwhelming majority of the games he played in since his return from injury.

Halkett had his best game on Sunday. Hes slowly finding his feet and form after his injury layoff. I dont think him playing with Berra helped, they never looked comfortable as a partnership. There are positive signs that a Halkett/Soutter pairing could work well, hopefully they can flourish.

Do Halkett and Souttar both usually play right centre half? Thought Souttar looked a wee bit uncomfortable first half passing out from the left

40 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Halkett played well on Sunday. Worth noting though that rangers chances came from long passes down the middle in general. Now obviously this is in part due to our new style but him and souttar have some work to do still getting used to each other and straightening that "zig zaggy" line. A faster player than Defoe and we might've been in trouble on Sunday. 

I missed the league cup games, but my first few times watching Halkett I wasn't overly impressed.

I think more than in part due to our style of play. A pressing game with full backs pushed high up the park encourages, even forces, the opposition to play long balls over the centre backs. It's a high risk way of playing and our supporters are going to have to get used to that. There was a good analysis of it on BBC Radio sportsound after the game. The consensus was to play that style you need centre backs who are comfortable defending one-on-one and two-on-two. They felt that in Souttar and Halkett we have that and I agree. Sure there is maybe a bit of further improvement to come as they get to know each other's game and this style, but I fully expect chances to be created against us in the same way for the rest of the season. I don't expect to see games where the opposition don't get a single good chance against us in the way we sometimes did under Levein, but we should be creating far more.

2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Do Halkett and Souttar both usually play right centre half? Thought Souttar looked a wee bit uncomfortable first half passing out from the left

I think so. Agree that Souttar struggled a bit with distribution as a result of having to move it on to his right foot and shift his body position before moving it out to White. That was certainly the case when one of his passes was charged down in the first half.

34 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

To be fair to Cruyff, he’s not the only one to jump to rash conclusions when it comes to players after some of the utter tripe that has been served up this season. I myself said that Bozanic would make my worst ever Hearts XI. But he’s another player who’s improved significantly under Stendal.

On topic: Halkett was indeed brilliant and is another who seems to be thriving under DS.

I think Cruyff is being treated unfairly here. Halkett did not get off to a great start and there was a thread not long ago about him being useless and overweight.

17 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Thought he was good against Aberdeen too, reckon he may have turned a corner under the manager 

Yep, he was decent v Aberdeen. Hope so. I think playing away from the box with a high line and zonal marking has helped him. 

10 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I think Cruyff is being treated unfairly here. Halkett did not get off to a great start and there was a thread not long ago about him being useless and overweight.

you mean after coming back from a long injury ? Yeah that seems fair and not reactionary at all 🙄

Halkett has been a great signing. 

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

you mean after coming back from a long injury ? Yeah that seems fair and not reactionary at all 🙄

Halkett has been a great signing. 

Players shouldn't come back from injury overweight.