Thank you Daniel

Last Laff

14 hours ago, Last Laff said:

A team with passion and fight but most importantly making watching the hearts ****ing amazing again.

Thank you big man.  HHGH. 

Absolutely this feels like a curse has been lifted

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• Pasquale for King

• NlGHTMARE

• Redhelen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, JamboAndrew said:

Haha.

The amount of abuse she got for taking her time to fire Levein and to appoint DS led to an awful lot of abuse on here.

She deserves enormous credit for hiring this winner 

Have to say I was a tad worried to see there was no defensive cover on the bench. I assumed the plan was that the new lad would slot in somewhere if one of the back 4 needed to go off.  That happened, but then he had to go off.  Naismith was yelling at the bench at that stage asking who was moving to left back.  We are fortunate to have Bozanic who, while maybe not being the most gifted, has energy and willingness to play wherever needed.

Naismith as captain is night and day to Berra in that he constantly leads on the park and doesn’t let anyone slack off.  Absolutely essential in achieving what Stendel wants.

Stendel’s passion and personality is infectious.  Having a manager that we can relate to and get behind is massive.

14 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Something special happend today,felt like we got our club back.Years we have been waiting for this.

This for me 

Watching him on the touchline is a joy he kicks every ball with the players 

Cant remember the last time I enjoyed a Hearts game that much 

Honestly it’s quite scary that the Motherwell bloke was listed against Stendel in the recruitment speculation..

The gulf between them is immense 😎

4 hours ago, Mort said:

Quite honestly wouldn’t have happened. Barnsley had just been promoted and would have been extremely difficult to get him at the time. 

We were lucky he was available at the time for us and I am delighted we got him.

Its been said before but we could have easily appointed a manager for a quick fix and gone through the motions again but this change in philosophy is magnificent.

Agreed 👍

13 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Just think if Ann Budge had dealt with the issue earlier we wouldn't have Daniel Stendel at the club

She's played a blinder 😁

Sometimes its just meant to be!!!

I was furious that Levein wasn't sacked last season.

I was raging that Levein didn't go after the Scottish Cup Final

Incandescent that Levein survived the shambles of the League Cup Group stages

Can't help wondering where we would be if Stendel had had the pre-season to rebuild the squad... but the simple fact is that if Levein had been binned when he should have been we wouldn't have Stendel.

I was frustrated at the time Stendel took to assess the squad, but Hamilton was obviously the final straw for him and since binning MacLean we've been improving at a rate of knots.

Its also seems clear that not only does he have a crystal clear vision of how he wants us to play, he also knows how to sign the players to make that vision reality.

How bizarre to be bottom of the league, but also in no doubt that we now have the third best side in the League... and the best Manager!!

Couldn't make it up yesterday as engineering works meant no trains from London, so had to watch it at home. Given what's gone on recently I didn't think I'd be missing much. 

Safe to say I couldn't have been more wrong. Woke up my sleeping 2 year old son celebrating the equaliser, and my 4 year old daughter screamed and was crying her eyes out when the winner went in. 'Mummy why is Daddy shouting and screaming?' Wife was not happy. Think she now realises it's the lesser of 2 evils that i come up most weeks. 

On a serious note, it's the first time in a long time I saw a Hearts team I believed in. It's small steps, but feels like a tide is turning. Woke up with a big smile on my face this morning.

As my wife said 'All of us have a better weekend when Hearts win.' And how great it was to have those weekends back. (Googles routes from London to perth)

4 hours ago, JamboAndrew said:

Haha.

The amount of abuse she got for taking her time to fire Levein and to appoint DS led to an awful lot of abuse on here.

Probably more a case of accident rather than design, but its all turning out rather well.

In fact I'm not even convinced that Stendel wanted to be here at first, or had any idea what he was taking on... but as others said he now seems to be quickly falling in love with Hearts, as so many of our foreign signings have done in the past.

8 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

This.

Got told off by the missus for the first time in years for swearing and my lad is walking about whistling "Oh The Hibees are gay". 

And I just found out my plans to go to Perth are dead because I bought her some theatre tickets for Xmas which

are this Saturday. 

Has she not got a pal?

53 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Probably more a case of accident rather than design, but its all turning out rather well.

In fact I'm not even convinced that Stendel wanted to be here at first, or had any idea what he was taking on... but as others said he now seems to be quickly falling in love with Hearts, as so many of our foreign signings have done in the past.

I think ideally he'd have wanted another English club but it's worked out  well for you and he loves a challenge, I think he's the sort of manager that will be loved anywhere he goes because he has the passion and puts his heart and soul into it. Don't know what sort of community stuff your club does but he's great with that as well. There will definitely be more days like yesterday,  I loved it. His cheeky grin is back and he's obviously starting to love being at Hearts.

1 hour ago, mayfield said:

Honestly it’s quite scary that the Motherwell bloke was listed against Stendel in the recruitment speculation..

The gulf between them is immense 😎

I advocated hiring Robinson at the time and still think he would be a decent choice but I agree, from what we've seen so far, Stendel was definitely the better option. 

On 26/01/2020 at 21:36, Haringshairband said:

Google: Thank you for the hospitality and the positive attitude, which was really special today. I hope this is the beginning of something great for our joint cooperation.

:)

highlandjambo3
On 27/01/2020 at 09:41, jamborich said:

❤❤❤❤❤

FB_IMG_1580117617994.jpg

This image needs to go on a mug in the store with “our Daniel” on it........I’d certainly buy one.