Coronavirus pandemic

CJGJ

Victorian

Hitler and Lawson on a mini-bike to something less believable.  The frightening thing is he's raving about something said that predicts what he wants and will get.  

It seems the closer we get to something better,  the more frantic the bleating becomes.

• Replies 79.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamesM48

• redjambo

• Victorian

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, there is certainly an element of control, for political agendas, at play here. It's also quite chilling to hear comments from people like Professor James Chalmers from Dundee Uni , another advocate of zero Covid. " Getting peoples' head on the road to an Australia or NZ mindset is going to be difficult. They are going to say "last year we were allowed to eat out in a restaurant when there was more Covid".  The words "were allowed to eat in a restaurant " should send a chill down the spine of anyone who values their liberty and freedom. Mass opposition and defiance is the only way to defeat this madness. We have a vaccine and within the next 4-6 weeks we all need to start to demand our freedoms back. Covid is not a disease to worry the vast majority of the population,  long, short, Brazilian, South African or whatever. Life goes on.

Whilst you could have a discussion about Covid itself not being a disease to worry the vast majority you have little chance of changing minds when the cost of that is the treatments unable to take place whilst it is being fought

Not only on a medical front but in terms of the economy and the mental health of the nation...indeed any nation

We have these lockdowns to get some measure of control to allow other members of the general population to get treatment for other matters knowing if we do not the resources we have will be used up by Covid patients

Is there a cut off point where we allow a certain % to be okay or a certain % to die ?...and who decides this ?

At this point we in the UK need to complete the vaccination programme as swiftly as possible then ensure we do not 'bring in' any more cases by making changes too early or making assumptions especially re foreign travel.......and we need to give help where possible to other nations as the attitude of I'm all right Jack will not last long when trading has to expand into other countries and continents

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Whilst you could have a discussion about Covid itself not being a disease to worry the vast majority you have little chance of changing minds when the cost of that is the treatments unable to take place whilst it is being fought

Not only on a medical front but in terms of the economy and the mental health of the nation...indeed any nation

We have these lockdowns to get some measure of control to allow other members of the general population to get treatment for other matters knowing if we do not the resources we have will be used up by Covid patients

Is there a cut off point where we allow a certain % to be okay or a certain % to die ?...and who decides this ?

At this point we in the UK need to complete the vaccination programme as swiftly as possible then ensure we do not 'bring in' any more cases by making changes too early or making assumptions especially re foreign travel.......and we need to give help where possible to other nations as the attitude of I'm all right Jack will not last long when trading has to expand into other countries and continents

I agree, and I am referring to a point where the 9 priority groups are vaccinated.  But this argument about "acceptable" death rates against lockdown is a false dichotomy.  The 2 issues are separate. 1% of the population die every single year. Whether that is 1.1% or 1.2% ,because of Covid  should not affect the rights of 99% of the population to live. 

The vaccine will reduce hospitalisations to a minimal level and imo Covid patients should be treated in "dirty" hospitals, allowing cancer patients,  along with others in need, to be prioritised in the mainstream hospitals.

JamesM48
6 hours ago, willie wallace said:

Has anyone had an antibody test?

There have been many posts where people thought they had symptoms especially earlier in the pandemic.

I just wondered if you did have a test now would it still  test positive for antibodies 10-12 months later.

I was considering it last year. Cost over £100 though . I asked them about the anti bodies still being in the body after 6 months or more . They ( pharmacy ) said they do . It was Newington pharmacy . 

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Probably going to pump it all into Hitler's rotted corpse and hope for the best.

Ah well someone beat me to it regarding where Mr Hitler might be now before I multi quoted so this comment is a complete Waste of time 😂

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, there is certainly an element of control, for political agendas, at play here. It's also quite chilling to hear comments from people like Professor James Chalmers from Dundee Uni , another advocate of zero Covid. " Getting peoples' head on the road to an Australia or NZ mindset is going to be difficult. They are going to say "last year we were allowed to eat out in a restaurant when there was more Covid".  The words "were allowed to eat in a restaurant " should send a chill down the spine of anyone who values their liberty and freedom. Mass opposition and defiance is the only way to defeat this madness. We have a vaccine and within the next 4-6 weeks we all need to start to demand our freedoms back. Covid is not a disease to worry the vast majority of the population,  long, short, Brazilian, South African or whatever. Life goes on.

Yes someone was on this yesterday saying something along the lines of being exited that we might get to tiet 1  !! Easily pleased and neutered it seems . I want no tiers . As the old saying goes “ poor is the man whose pleasures depends on the permission of another “ Madonna 1991 ( she quoted someone else I’m guessing as it’s far too intellectual for her ) 👍

Lord BJ
9 hours ago, Taffin said:

I was shopping yesterday. I was amazed how many old folk were out shopping. It must have been about 90^ of the occupants, 

There was feck all social distance from the vast majority. I had two old ***** actually stand on my heels they were that close.

Did  reaffirm my view, the rules will go out the window for a large chunk those who have been vaccinated and feel safer. 

I’m sure the likes of Hancock will make a plea to the Seniors about killing their children and grandkids. 

21 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I was shopping yesterday. I was amazed how many old folk were out shopping. It must have been about 90^ of the occupants, 

There was feck all social distance from the vast majority. I had two old ***** actually stand on my heels they were that close.

Did  reaffirm my view, the rules will go out the window for a large chunk those who have been vaccinated and feel safer. 

I’m sure the likes of Hancock will make a plea to the Seniors about killing their children and grandkids. 

It's been a total stitch up of the youth since the start. Even that article I've posted is lacking any judgement and is littered with justification and excused.

Compare the tone to this article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/17/uk-police-crack-down-covid-rule-breakers

In the original 'not permitted' is used instance of 'illegal' and the person the go to for quotes is some from Age UK who makes loads of excuses and admits to breaking the rules herself rather than a hard hitting few lines from the police.

“The restrictions are clear enough and there is no excuse for this sort of selfish behaviour that puts lives at risk and causes a nuisance for nearby residents who are doing the right thing by staying at home."

Vs 

Caroline Abrahams, a charity director at Age UK, said it was not a surprise that some over-80s may not have “abided by the letter of the lockdown guidance”, because many families would have felt the need to visit them to offer support.

She also said loneliness and depression would have led some to conclude that “it’s better to take a calculated risk in this respect than feel profoundly miserable on their own”.

Edited by Taffin
Lord BJ
13 minutes ago, Barack said:

Good old Cyprus.

We got any idea of under 18’s can get in as they won’t be vaccinated? 

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

We got any idea of under 18’s can get in as they won’t be vaccinated? 

**** them.

:greggy:

Lord BJ
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

**** them.

:greggy:

Saville type post

Just now, Lord BJ said:

Saville type post

:lol:

In seriousness to your question, I've looked at a few places for further info, rather than BBC's reporting. Including Cypriot sites.

Seems fairly unequivocal. Two vaccinations, irrespective of age: "Come on in."

One vaccine or none: "Don't bother."

Lord BJ
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

:lol:

In seriousness to your question, I've looked at a few places for further info, rather than BBC's reporting. Including Cypriot sites.

Seems fairly unequivocal. Two vaccinations, irrespective of age: "Come on in."

One vaccine or none: "Don't bother."

Well at least granny and grandpa will be jabbed up to undertake  child care. Whilst me and the missus feck off to Aya Napa. 

9 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Well at least granny and grandpa will be jabbed up to undertake  child care. Whilst me and the missus feck off to Aya Napa. 

Exactly. Since there'll be no wee arseholes milling about, you and the other adults can reminisce on your own yoof, and ask the DJ to play the oldie Garage classics, like this, without them complaining:  😎

Edited by Barack
Footballfirst
10 hours ago, CJGJ said:

There is already such an acceptance in England.

In mid February, modelling by Imperial College for SAGE was used to inform the UK government's thinking on different scenarios for the lifting of lockdown measures  They forecast 55,000 further Covid deaths by June 2022 for the scenario closest to what BoJo has proposed for England.  Most of the deaths will occur in the next two or three months (around 6,000 have already occurred since the paper was produced).

JamesM48
2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Yeah been a disgrace how young people been demonised and scapegoated as well as frightened 

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

It's been a total stitch up of the youth since the start. Even that article I've posted is lacking any judgement and is littered with justification and excused.

Compare the tone to this article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/17/uk-police-crack-down-covid-rule-breakers

In the original 'not permitted' is used instance of 'illegal' and the person the go to for quotes is some from Age UK who makes loads of excuses and admits to breaking the rules herself rather than a hard hitting few lines from the police.

“The restrictions are clear enough and there is no excuse for this sort of selfish behaviour that puts lives at risk and causes a nuisance for nearby residents who are doing the right thing by staying at home."

Vs 

Caroline Abrahams, a charity director at Age UK, said it was not a surprise that some over-80s may not have “abided by the letter of the lockdown guidance”, because many families would have felt the need to visit them to offer support.

She also said loneliness and depression would have led some to conclude that “it’s better to take a calculated risk in this respect than feel profoundly miserable on their own”.

I can see two sides to this 

40 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Ouch 

34 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah been a disgrace how young people been demonised and scapegoated as well as frightened 

G'on the students and their house parties! 

There was a really interesting documentary on Radio 4 last autumn about first year uni students, following the exploits of the rules followers and breakers. 

When young people stop rebelling against the rules imposed by older generations then we really have failed.

13 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

That's me at the back waving at you. 😊

Aye, and where's your other hand, eh? Keeping old Ray 'focused'?

JamesM48
17 minutes ago, jonesy said:

There was a really interesting documentary on Radio 4 last autumn about first year uni students, following the exploits of the rules followers and breakers. 

When young people stop rebelling against the rules imposed by older generations then we really have failed.

Exactly isn’t that what students are meant to do ! Sad world if they don’t 

Justin Z
18 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Nothing more noble than rebelling and hastening gran's trip six feet underground, right enough.

JamesM48
3 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Nothing more noble than rebelling and hastening gran's trip six feet underground, right enough.

Yes and now “ gran” and “ grandpa “ now not giving a heck apparently shopping mask less after their vaccinations if stories on this are to be believed ! Swings and roundabouts . 

7 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Well, if their tuition money is wrapped up in gran's last will and testament, then I applaud their strategising.

Justin Z
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Yes and now “ gran” and “ grandpa “ now not giving a heck apparently shopping mask less after their vaccinations if stories on this are to be believed ! Swings and roundabouts . 

Which is also infuriating, yes. People young or old making good faith efforts to preserve the health and life of others is not indicative of us having "really failed", in either case.

Justin Z
Just now, jonesy said:

Well, if their tuition money is wrapped up in gran's last will and testament, then I applaud their strategising.

#EnglishUniStudentProblems though, amirite?

11 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

#EnglishUniStudentProblems though, amirite?

#allinthistogether, buddy. :) 

JamesM48
43 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Which is also infuriating, yes. People young or old making good faith efforts to preserve the health and life of others is not indicative of us having "really failed", in either case.

👍

42 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

What a load of shite.

Don’t kink-shame the Chinese jonno! If they want to **** bats and pangolins (I saw it on that South Park documentary), then stick giant matchsticks up their arse, who are we to judge. 

Nucky Thompson

Got a slight sore arm this morning after the vaccine yesterday.

Another thing I noticed was that I couldn't lift a 2'x2' slab. Bent down to lift it and had absolutely no power :lol:

I can usually lift them with my pinkie as well.

Apart from that, I fell brilliant 

Justin Z
41 minutes ago, jonesy said:

#allinthistogether, buddy. :) 

:biggrin: If only, mate, if only.

jonnothejambo
10 minutes ago, Zico said:

Don’t kink-shame the Chinese jonno! If they want to **** bats and pangolins (I saw it on that South Park documentary), then stick giant matchsticks up their arse, who are we to judge. 

True....

Boy Daniel

A wee hint of small easing of restrictions next week🙂

JamesM48
3 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

11 deaths today 

Sorry to hear about those deaths but 11 is going the right way which is great . 

JamesM48
Just now, Boy Daniel said:

A wee hint of small easing of restrictions next week🙂

Oh what was said ? 

Lord BJ

The fish is being quite positive.

Looks like next week kids will be allowed to meet up outdoors and probably allowing meeting of more people outside as well. I get the impression they will be fairly minor but every little step is a step closer to a return to normality.

Boy Daniel
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Oh what was said ? 

James leitch will give more info shortly.

it will outdoors apparently 

Boy Daniel

4 indicators improving and back to levels of September/October 2020. 

Lord BJ

The dentist is happy as well. We are approaching having under control according to who guidance.

Situation seems to be as good as seen since Sept last year.

They mood music is definite optimistic.

Boy Daniel

Scotland has recorded 11 deaths from coronavirus and 498 positive tests in the past 24 hours, Nicola Sturgeon has announced.

It brings the death toll under this measure – of people who first tested positive for the virus within the previous 28 days – to 7,409.

Speaking at the Scottish Government’s coronavirus briefing, she said the daily test positivity rate is 3.1%, up from 2.5% the previous day.

There are 666 people in hospital confirmed to have the virus, down 52 in 24 hours, and 64 patients are in intensive care, down three.

3fingersreid

My wife’s friend lost her dad to COVID this week , went into hospital with a broken nose after a fall, contracted COVID on a ward and passed away earlier this week.

Im sorry but holidays abroad , opening up public events football, rugby concerts etc and a general return to normality  still seems a hell of a way off to be safe for me . 
I also watched in disbelief this week whilst driving past a school as groups of parents stood chatting after picking up their kids as if normality was back . There will be another peak . 

jonnothejambo
3 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

My wife’s friend lost her dad to COVID this week , went into hospital with a broken nose after a fall, contracted COVID on a ward and passed away earlier this week.

Im sorry but holidays abroad , opening up public events football, rugby concerts etc and a general return to normality  still seems a hell of a way off to be safe for me . 
I also watched in disbelief this week whilst driving past a school as groups of parents stood chatting after picking up their kids as if normality was back . There will be another peak . 

That is so sad to read. Utterly tragic for the poor family. 

Boy Daniel
5 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Very sorry to hear that. As you rightly indicated we still need to take heed of the rules and be patient.

Boy Daniel

We need to vaccinate 4.5 million people to protect the population according to Leitch 

JamesM48
39 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The fish is being quite positive.

Looks like next week kids will be allowed to meet up outdoors and probably allowing meeting of more people outside as well. I get the impression they will be fairly minor but every little step is a step closer to a return to normality.

Wow is that it ! Jezz ! People already meeting outdoors suppose it’s some scraps to feed the populous 

Jambo-Jimbo
49 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Another thing I noticed was that I couldn't lift a 2'x2' slab. Bent down to lift it and had absolutely no power :lol:

Got mine 3 days ago (AZ/Oxford) and apart from a wee bit of a sore arm (less than is usual with the flu jab) and a dull mild headache 4 or 5 hours after the jab, which was fine the next morning, I've had no other reactions.

So if anybody is worried about side effects..........well from personal experience and that's all I can comment on, is I had next to nothing & what I did have was very mild.

manaliveits105

Chief constable on radio this morning saying they are having to break up more and more parties in Scotland -some  people think its all over 

redjambo
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The latest vaccines contain Kryptonite to increase their efficacy. You should have mentioned you had superpowers when they were giving you the jab and they would have given you an alternative. Fortunately the effects are not long-lasting.

redjambo
59 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Scotland has recorded 11 deaths from coronavirus and 498 positive tests in the past 24 hours, Nicola Sturgeon has announced.

It brings the death toll under this measure – of people who first tested positive for the virus within the previous 28 days – to 7,409.

Speaking at the Scottish Government’s coronavirus briefing, she said the daily test positivity rate is 3.1%, up from 2.5% the previous day.

There are 666 people in hospital confirmed to have the virus, down 52 in 24 hours, and 64 patients are in intensive care, down three.

Last Friday's figure for positive tests was 581 so there will be a modest reduction in the overall 7-day rate.

steve123
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Last Friday's figure for positive tests was 581 so there will be a modest reduction in the overall 7-day rate.

Any idea the deaths last Friday ? 

11 is the lowest I can remember hearing in a while.