Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, completely agree. We need to accept lockdowns are over. One scientist on Sky News earlier said that everyone needs to "calm down" and stop obsessing about every variant and whether it's "more infectious" than the previous one. Finish the vaccine roll out and we can move on.

👍

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
30 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It will only kick off with those who choose not to take the vaccine. Their choice. A small surge in cases will play out in the background while things return to normal and business starts to boom again

👍

Unknown user
3 hours ago, willie wallace said:

A fair amount of people from Portobello there yesterday.

Sorry to hear that, covid has a lot to answer for

Was great to see the people of Glasgow standing up to the ridiculous decision of the UK home office. Make no mistake this was a calculated decision by Patel to try and humiliate the FM and enrage the Muslim community on Eid Al Fitr. Thankfully it is Patel that is left totally humiliated. And an added bonus is to see the rage of our resident SG haters on here, hilarious. 

What happened in Glasgow that sparked the last few pages? I've not seen anything on the BBC or the Guardian.

3 minutes ago, Boris said:

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

They believe people mingling in the houses ahead of the easing has been the trigger has been cause of spikes. . Doesn’t necessarily run true for me but that is the believed cause. 

Edit just realised misread your post but boris has answered. 

Thanks 👍👍 will have a deeper read of that now. Sorry for being lazy, I didn't search for it in fairness, I'd only scrolled the home pages.

Must say I'm totally in support of that, good on them in Glasgow, it's great to see. And well done police Scotland for getting involved as well.

11 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

I did find it quite funny that she obviously has Scottish civil servants doing whatever she says but the guy she spoke to at the Home Office obviously didn’t give a monkeys who she was and stuck by his guns

She was beelin ! how very dare he 

Good on you, piss on some poor *****, just so you can get it up NS. What a right good sort you are.

Hopefully nothing surprisingly pops up in your family history, that may make you or your wife and kids an illegal immigrant. Or an environmental accident happens in Scotland and the EU don't tell us all to go **** ourselves. 

I've a lot I'd like to say about this subject and what I'd like to do to the people who enforce it and support it, but I'd be banned and jailed for that. 

Edited by ri Alban

Nucky Thompson
32 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Was great to see the people of Glasgow standing up to the ridiculous decision of the UK home office. Make no mistake this was a calculated decision by Patel to try and humiliate the FM and enrage the Muslim community on Eid Al Fitr. Thankfully it is Patel that is left totally humiliated. And an added bonus is to see the rage of our resident SG haters on here, hilarious. 

That you raging again :rofl:

The Real Maroonblood
42 minutes ago, XB52 said:

They’re moaning for what might happen on the tier front.

:jjyay:

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

manaliveits105
12 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

That you raging again :rofl:

Their great dictator was ignored so they have got to follow her seethe 

bobbled her heid stamped her feet and was ignored then silence on mass gathering 

I don’t know the rights and wrongs of the actual case so can’t comment unlike our resident experts 

3fingersreid
10 hours ago, willie wallace said:

I got my second one yesterday at Ingliston and after telling the nurse I had no reaction to the first one she said I might well have have some symptoms this time although nothing so far.

It was the Pfizer one again.

A fair amount of people from Portobello there yesterday.

I had both the Pfizer jags a while back both gave me a slight pain in the arm for about 12 hours , which appears to be a very common complaint , but absolutely no other symptoms . 

My 17 year old daughter is due to get her first on Saturday. I’m assuming it’s Pfizer and under 18’s are approved. I say due as I’m not sure how I feel about it yet. She is keen. 

frankblack
Just now, Dazo said:

My 17 year old daughter is due to get her first on Saturday. I’m assuming it’s Pfizer and under 18’s are approved. I say due as I’m not sure how I feel about it yet. She is keen. 

Think its definitely not AZ for that age group.

Dennis Reynolds
3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Yeah, definitely Pfizer.

edit: or Moderna actually but more than likely will be Pfizer as there is just more of it.

Edited by LMc

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Think its definitely not AZ for that age group.

Just now, LMc said:

Yeah, definitely Pfizer.

Yeah I’m sure it will be. 

The Mighty Thor

Wait.....did I just read people who think covid is all a load of bollocks anyway complain about a gathering of people in Glasgow?

:cornette:

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Over 18’s to be offered vaccine now, in spiking COVID areas of Glasgow to try and control outbreak 

Concerns around Midlothian as they are showing a upward trajectory, 

Also whilst the situation has improved in Moray, they are still having. Issues with outbreaks occurring in areas in Lossiemouth, Keith and Aberlour. 

Still hoped all areas move to tier 2 on Monday planned. 

There was no way Moray was moving to tier 2 until this spike happened in Glasgow so now she has no choice and has to move Moray into tier 2 

Well that’s what I’m hoping cause I’d be shocked if she kept Glasgow in tier 3 

Edited by theshed

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

That you raging* again :rofl:

*Raging beside a pool in Turkey.

16 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Wait.....did I just read people who think covid is all a load of bollocks anyway complain about a gathering of people in Glasgow?

:cornette:

If there were, it would explain a lot !

Jeffros Furios
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

I blame the Zionists .

Weakened Offender
11 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

👍

Wouldn’t put it passed them 

I think there is a sense of anger about today’s events in regards to a gathering of people in an area which apparently has had a spike of cases anyway . Irrespective of why those people where there , their race or religion is irrelevant . It was irresponsible . I completely understand the anger about today considering how football fans have been treated in the last year ? I deplore dawn raids , but that is the current policy set by West minster . Sturgeon was clearly stirring the pot today with classic deflection . She’s a past master or mistress at that I feel. 

The only people who are angry are racist unionists. It was a great turn out and a fantastic result. 

Portugal about to pull the rug out on the masses of Brits who have booked holidays there?  An example of why international travel will never return to stability until vaccination levels reach a better co-protective,  co-beneficial state.

Rupert Pupkin

Have lived in Bonnyrigg 20 years, turns out I’m not registered at the GP’s there.. Blue envelope delivered to my mum’s in Loanhead today... 

I get my mind control jab next Friday..

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

The 'offer' of another vaccine isn't quite an 'offer'.

It's will be 'given' Pfeizer or Moderna.

When the news broke that AZ wasn't to be offered to under 30s, pretty much the 'shutters' went down on getting past the registration stage of the process and the U30s were asked to go to a centre which was holding Pfeizer on that day.

Edited by DETTY29

Scientific chat about how any possible variant of higher transmissibility coming along now is a bit of a concern compared to coming along in the autumn when vaccination levels will be at such a high level that the virus would be unable to achieve any spread.  This is the race between virus and vaccine that was theorised weeks ago.  At the moment there's still a sufficiently large population without vaccine protection who are potentially susceptible to severe disease.  Restrictions virtually ending is a new phase in the game.  We've never yet seen a period when suppression has been removed from the equation whilst infection rates are moderate and rising in areas.  

Some scientists aren't even sure that the India variant is more transmissible.  They're saying there are indications that it isn't out-competing the dominant variant and it's rise is due to accelerating importation.  If true then that's a giant **** up by the UK gvt for being too ****ing stupid and slow to get on top of travel in from India,  etc.

The race is definitely on now.  At the moment it looks like there will be some subsequent damage but it should be short lived.  The vaccine will eventually win.

3 hours ago, XB52 said:

Priti Little Liar given a resounding GTF by the fine people of Scotland.  :pleasing: 

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

How would you feel about her going on the pill?  Roughly 1 in 3000 chance of a blood clot compared to 1 in 200k after a vaccine.

Shanks said no

Wife got her 2nd jag letter yesterday for the 18th, I didn’t despite us both getting 1st at same time and both 56. Her’s are 6 weeks 6 days apart, I called them and mine is 31st May, exactly 2 months. Pretty good turnaround.

Bonus though was that I got a letter to send a poo to Dundee, always a pleasure. 

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Good on you, piss on some poor *****, just so you can get it up NS. What a right good sort you are.

Hopefully nothing surprisingly pops up in your family history, that may make you or your wife and kids an illegal immigrant. Or an environmental accident happens in Scotland and the EU don't tell us all to go **** ourselves. 

I've a lot I'd like to say about this subject and what I'd like to do to the people who enforce it and support it, but I'd be banned and jailed for that. 

Oh go on spit it out :lol: 

JudyJudyJudy

Incredible to read or indeed not read on this zero condemnation about an illegal gathering of people yesterday in a densely populated area of a major Scottish city . Usually when this occurs they are All over it like a rash . But then again that tends to be when it’s a group of people they have little or no support or interest in ( football teams , young people , etc ) Even worse they view this illegal gathering as some kind of victory for their cheerleader when in fact it evidences her hypocrisy . Let’s hope there is suitable silence if Rangers fans are out en masse at the weekend to celebrate their teams recent league victory . 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Oh go on spit it out :lol: 

Yes spit it out ! 

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Incredible to read or indeed not read on this zero condemnation about an illegal gathering of people yesterday in a densely populated area of a major Scottish city . Usually when this occurs they are All over it like a rash . But then again that tends to be when it’s a group of people they have little or no support or interest in ( football teams , young people , etc ) Even worse they view this illegal gathering as some kind of victory for their cheerleader when in fact it evidences her hypocrisy . Let’s hope there is suitable silence if Rangers fans are out en masse at the weekend to celebrate their teams recent league victory . 

What hypocrisy? Sturgeon condemned the Home Office for causing those scenes.

In a twitter thread posted in response to that police statement, Sturgeon went on: “I disagree fundamentally with @ukhomeoffice immigration policy but even putting that aside, this action was unacceptable.

“To act in this way, in the heart of a Muslim community as they celebrated Eid, and in an area experiencing a Covid outbreak was a health and safety risk.”

Nicola Sturgeon called on the UK Government to ensure that a situation like the one in Glasgow today will “never again” be created by their actions.

She tweeted: “Both as MSP and as FM, I will be demanding assurances from the UK Government that they will never again create, through their actions, such a dangerous situation.

“No assurances were given - and frankly no empathy shown - when I managed to speak to a junior minister earlier.”

Edited by Ray Gin

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Wife got her 2nd jag letter yesterday for the 18th, I didn’t despite us both getting 1st at same time and both 56. Her’s are 6 weeks 6 days apart, I called them and mine is 31st May, exactly 2 months. Pretty good turnaround.

Bonus though was that I got a letter to send a poo to Dundee, always a pleasure. 

You don’t need to wait on a letter to do that 😜

Getting 2nd AZ today.

No pain at all first time round.  Sometimes it's one or other that feeling unwell kicks in.

Wondering whether I should have agreed to play golf tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You were screaming about this yesterday and nobody took any notice.  God loves a trier though.

Brighton Jambo
21 minutes ago, Victorian said:
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

In a twitter thread posted in response to that police statement, Sturgeon went on: “I disagree fundamentally with @ukhomeoffice immigration policy but even putting that aside, this action was unacceptable.

“To act in this way, in the heart of a Muslim community as they celebrated Eid, and in an area experiencing a Covid outbreak was a health and safety risk.”

She didn’t say a single word about the number of people gathering though did she? Not one.  

You watch how quick she will be to condemn the Rangers fans on the weekend though.  

it doesn’t matter what the reason either large gatherings should be discouraged or they shouldn’t, you can’t let the cause determine the safety advice.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Yawn - give it a rest.  The UK was one of the first countries to react to the recent increases in cases and ban travel to and from India certainly quicker than the majority of European nations.

Furthermore even before adding to the red list the rules were very clear.  You needed a negative test before flying, you needed to self isolate at home for 10 days on arrival and needed to further negative tests on day 2 and day 8.   

She didn’t say a single word about the number of people gathering though did she? Not one.  

You watch how quick she will be to condemn the Rangers fans on the weekend though.  

it doesn’t matter what the reason either large gatherings should be discouraged or they shouldn’t, you can’t let the cause determine the safety advice.  

Eh, yes she did. She said it was a health and safety risk and a dangerous situation.

Edited by Ray Gin

manaliveits105
7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

of course they were just concerned neighbours who happened to have political flags in the hoose and not political agitators who travelled from other areas 

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

Yawn - give it a rest.  The UK was one of the first countries to react to the recent increases in cases and ban travel to and from India certainly quicker than the majority of European nations.

Furthermore even before adding to the red list the rules were very clear.  You needed a negative test before flying, you needed to self isolate at home for 10 days on arrival and needed to further negative tests on day 2 and day 8.   

No I will not give it a rest.  They were clearly too lax.  I don't tend to criticise either government now but I will when I see an obvious error.  

manaliveits105
24 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Scientific chat about how any possible variant of higher transmissibility coming along now is a bit of a concern compared to coming along in the autumn when vaccination levels will be at such a high level that the virus would be unable to achieve any spread.  This is the race between virus and vaccine that was theorised weeks ago.  At the moment there's still a sufficiently large population without vaccine protection who are potentially susceptible to severe disease.  Restrictions virtually ending is a new phase in the game.  We've never yet seen a period when suppression has been removed from the equation whilst infection rates are moderate and rising in areas.  

Some scientists aren't even sure that the India variant is more transmissible.  They're saying there are indications that it isn't out-competing the dominant variant and it's rise is due to accelerating importation.  If true then that's a giant **** up by the UK gvt for being too ****ing stupid and slow to get on top of travel in from India,  etc.

The race is definitely on now.  At the moment it looks like there will be some subsequent damage but it should be short lived.  The vaccine will eventually win.

Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in !

Wur all doomed - doomed I tell you .

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Nicola Sturgeon called on the UK Government to ensure that a situation like the one in Glasgow today will “never again” be created by their actions.

She tweeted: “Both as MSP and as FM, I will be demanding assurances from the UK Government that they will never again create, through their actions, such a dangerous situation.

“No assurances were given - and frankly no empathy shown - when I managed to speak to a junior minister earlier.”

That tweet was sent out about 8 pm ! If she was that concerned she could have sent it out earlier and ordered her “ boot boys “ in earlier if there was such a concern for safety . She’s at it 

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

You were screaming about this yesterday and nobody took any notice.  God loves a trier though.

Awe no one noticed ! Awe im heartbroken . Really am . But your god does love a trier 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Eh, yes she did. She said it was a health and safety risk and a dangerous situation.

At 8 O’ clock at night 

6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Getting 2nd AZ today.

No pain at all first time round.  Sometimes it's one or other that feeling unwell kicks in.

Wondering whether I should have agreed to play golf tomorrow.

Brother and sister both had AZ jabs - 1st jab no issues ... 2nd jab both felt crap for a couple of days.

Me - Pfizer both jabs bit of a sore arm for a day after both jabs but felt fine health wise. 

Dennis Reynolds

Also getting my 2nd today. Off to the EICC which is one I haven't been to before. Hopefully going to take advantage of Ubers £15 voucher to get me there. If not, the bus will do!

Edited by LMc

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in !

Wur all doomed - doomed I tell you .

God love him . He’s trying to be more positive about the situation . It’s doesn’t come naturally to him but he’s getting there 

4AA63C9F-FC0D-44F0-8C36-B1E498690516.jpeg

10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

That tweet was sent out about 8 pm ! If she was that concerned she could have sent it out earlier and ordered her “ boot boys “ in earlier if there was such a concern for safety . She’s at it 

Awe no one noticed ! Awe im heartbroken . Really am . But your god does love a trier 

Yesterday was the swearing in ceremony at Scottish Parliament, she was kinda busy.

Edited by Ray Gin

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

He’s at Oscar Wilde articulation levels compared to our resident Brigadoon jock 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Yesterday was the swearing in ceremony at Scottish Parliament, she was kinda busy.

Bullocks ! Any excuse . 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic