Serious Question

Turkishcap

Reading some Burton fans comments I have to ask are most Engliah fans asses when it comes to our league?

Hold on just answered my own question, mods close thread 😄😄

13 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

The day that shite like Burton Albion become a bigger club than Hearts is the day I'll pack it in.

realtalk and ditto

17 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Reading some Burton fans comments I have to ask are most Engliah fans asses when it comes to our league?

Burton can suck my arse. They can only dream of having our history!

4 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

Not all....but a good few are.  

4 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

And yet, one of their players has just agreed to leave them and come to us - a team bottom of the league they love to take the piss out of, yet still with more honours and a history that makes theirs look like utter shite. 

A team that has a stadium with 3 times the capacity (and nearly 10 times the seated capacity), that they could only dream of. 

They can get it right ****ing up them.  Teams like them spend every season hoping to avoid relegation and for an FA Cup draw against one of the top 4 English teams, just so they can get absolutely pumped but make some extra cash. 

Imagine having that as your footballing life? 

:vrface:

Why would anyone - other than other Burton Albion supporters - bother to read what Burton Albion supporters think about anything? Serious question.

I’ll wager some Burton Albion supporters don’t even bother to read what other Burton Albion supporters think.

SpruceBringsteen

Not going to lay into the Burton fans, it's not really their fault. They're taken in by the relentless promotion of English football by SKY - they genuinely believe they're a big deal because they're told on a daily basis that they are (or at least that they're one playoff win from it). 

Tbh I'd love it if Scottish football was so hyped that a club the size of Elgin felt like they could run their mouths about a team infinitely more important than them.

22 minutes ago, leginten said:

Delighted to say I haven’t a clue where Burton is. Some no-mark shithole in Englandshire, I take it?

Was about to post this. I’ve never heard of the place. 

25 minutes ago, leginten said:

Delighted to say I haven’t a clue where Burton is. Some no-mark shithole in Englandshire, I take it?

Having been there I am delighted to tell you I have forgotten how to get there and am extremely pleased about that.

I do recall that it had a very unpleasant smell about the place and I don't think that was anything to do with the football club althought it did resemble a junior football ground that you would expect to see in that god foresaken place north of Hadrian's Wall which the local refers to as a county of England.

portobellojambo1
36 minutes ago, leginten said:

Its about a 15 minute drive South West of Derby. I stayed in Burton upon Trent when we were down to play the friendly against Derby County at the start of Jim Jefferies period in charge.

1 hour ago, leginten said:

Next to Top Man I think! 

PhoenixHearts

A big part of the issue is that we're constantly fed this line by the media that "english football is the best in the world".

Of course what they actually mean is just that Premier League being one of the best leagues in the world, but fans of diddy wee clubs like Burton or Luton just hear "english football" and think it applies to them too and that they're a part of it all. 

Granted there's a big gulf in quality throughout our league between the old firm and perrenial bottom feeders like Hamilton, but I reckon the liked of St Mirren would give Burton a good game, if not beat them.

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, JJ93 said:

Was about to post this. I’ve never heard of the place. 

You've never heard of Burton upon Trent?

1 hour ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I was talking to a weegie the other day who'd never heard of Dalkeith 

Pasquale for King

****ing nobodies in a tiny shitehole, small club that has never done anything ever. **** them, signing ***** like Shaughnessy ffs 😂

Coburg Hearts
15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I was talking to a weegie the other day who'd never heard of Dalkeith 

That doesn't surprise me too much as some Glaswegians can be a tad parochial. 😐

6 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Not going to lay into the Burton fans, it's not really their fault. They're taken in by the relentless promotion of English football by SKY - they genuinely believe they're a big deal because they're told on a daily basis that they are (or at least that they're one playoff win from it). 

Tbh I'd love it if Scottish football was so hyped that a club the size of Elgin felt like they could run their mouths about a team infinitely more important than them.

This.

English footballs collective ego is the size of a planet.

And Notts et al. are in the conference.

Bigger clubs fall on hard times and smaller, well run, clubs get the opportunity to take advantage. Nothing wrong with that at all. That’s football. 

As a season ticket holder for a non league club, that are pushing for league football, it’s great to see smaller reputation teams build up momentum and a following. They are never going to have the history or legacy of most. 

I bet there as many more fans that respect this move than belittle it. 

On a side note L2 is terrible quality, even a Hearts from the last 18 months could survive that! L1 is much better but only in the top half. 

Edited by Zen Jambo

10 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Not all....but a good few are.  

You cannot blame them.  Sky saturates them with English football and Dungcaster does nothing to promote the SPFL.  I suspect far less is known about the Irish League.

5 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

As can EBC Scotland in its coverage.

I’ve just read about the place on Wiki. Purveyor of shite beer on a massively industrial scale. It’s not growing on me.

And “Burton snatch” isn’t quite what you hope it might be.

6 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

What do you expect from provincials?

Edited by colinmaroon

Use to live in Leeds for five years and most of the guys in my football team rated the Scottish league to be the same level as League 1/ League 2 apart from Rangers and Celtic.

This was including one of the boys who is a scout for Heerenveen. 

Ultimately it comes down to the fact of how poor Scottish football is marketed, an extreme arrogance from their point and the money pumped in by sky sports.

For me the top half of our league is middle/ bottom championship level and the lower half bottom championship/ top of league one level.

7 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Ultimately it comes down to the fact of how poor Scottish football is marketed

This is it for me. Doncaster and Reagan aided by the media were only too keen to play down our game at every turn, getting paid handsomely for it too. I remember Barry Hearn saying wtf is going on?

Love Hearts but hate Scottish football because it hates itself, well apart from its ugly sisters. It's no wonder other countries dont rate us.

1 hour ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Use to live in Leeds for five years and most of the guys in my football team rated the Scottish league to be the same level as League 1/ League 2 apart from Rangers and Celtic.

This was including one of the boys who is a scout for Heerenveen. 

Ultimately it comes down to the fact of how poor Scottish football is marketed, an extreme arrogance from their point and the money pumped in by sky sports.

For me the top half of our league is middle/ bottom championship level and the lower half bottom championship/ top of league one level.

Nailed it. Scottish football will stay in the doldrums until we’ve got some forward thinkers in charge of the SFA.

1 hour ago, leginten said:

I’ve just read about the place on Wiki. Purveyor of shite beer on a massively industrial scale. It’s not growing on me.

And “Burton snatch” isn’t quite what you hope it might be.

If the country will keep on drinking shite beer then we will keep on brewing it.

Yo be honest im glad Burton snatch is what it is having seen the local women.

The quality of the defending in those lower English divisions is dreadful. I’ve had friends try and place every team out with the Old Firm in League 2.. 

As for Burton Albion :gok:

685D4825-BC13-4174-AFD8-DE5764C44EB9.jpeg.9d9723f1edb870f3d1218ebc438fd5da.jpeg

The state of that :rofl:their main stand is no bigger than East Fife’s 

5 hours ago, Zen Jambo said:

And Notts et al. are in the conference.

Bigger clubs fall on hard times and smaller, well run, clubs get the opportunity to take advantage. Nothing wrong with that at all. That’s football. 

As a season ticket holder for a non league club, that are pushing for league football, it’s great to see smaller reputation teams build up momentum and a following. They are never going to have the history or legacy of most. 

I bet there as many more fans that respect this move than belittle it. 

On a side note L2 is terrible quality, even a Hearts from the last 18 months could survive that! L1 is much better but only in the top half. 

All of this is spot on (except I am very fond of the football in L2, which is occasionally very decent) - people need to remember that only the hardcore zoomers of a fanbase post regularly on a club forum :)

10 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Wherein is made some absolutely top notch ale... but as far as I am concerned that is the town's only highlight, although there must be some other significant things going on there.

Burton fans think our league is shite. Yet their top scorer is leaving to further his career with us and one of their best current players is a cast off who failed at us and wasn't exactly a revelation at Partick or whilst on loan to St Mirren. Ah well