• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boris5115

• Notts1874

• Last Laff

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, number witheld said:

‘Shine’ or ‘does well for us’ - just a choice of words. THe point was more to do with if it’s acceptable to rip into players online? 

Big club underachieving horribly. Comes with the territory.

He's not been helped by the rudderless state we've been in for ages and perhaps the notion that he was good enough for Hearts from the start so there's scope for mitigating circumstances

number witheld
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Big club underachieving horribly. Comes with the territory.

He's not been helped by the rudderless state we've been in for ages and perhaps the notion that he was good enough for Hearts from the start so there's scope for mitigating circumstances

Does it come with the territory or are many football fans just unpleasant individuals? 

6 minutes ago, number witheld said:

‘Shine’ or ‘does well for us’ - just a choice of words. THe point was more to do with if it’s acceptable to rip into players online? 

I supported this player every time he pulled on our shirt. I looked for any improvement in his time with us, I praised every contribution he made and every time he played I hoped I would see the ‘reason’ why we signed him.

Now that he is no longer our player I can be honest and say what my gut feeling has always been about this player. I genuinely feel that if it wasn’t for his pace then this guy would be paying subs to play amateur football each week.

I suppose he should really be an inspiration to every kid who just isn’t good enough to make it. Sometimes miracles happen... 

Good luck in America...

Nothing against the lad (the pant wetting over the ear phones was hilarious), but he was another failed Levein project signing. 

Could do alright in the MLS, as he is pretty fast. 

16 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Wonder where he fits on the MLS salary scale?  A bit higher than Tynecastle I'd suspect.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/01/23/atlanta-united-sign-attacker-jake-mulraney-heart-midlothian-0

Doubt he was on much with us. Doubt he’ll be on much with them. Will find out when the MLS salaries are published. 

number witheld
13 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

I supported this player every time he pulled on our shirt. I looked for any improvement in his time with us, I praised every contribution he made and every time he played I hoped I would see the ‘reason’ why we signed him.

Now that he is no longer our player I can be honest and say what my gut feeling has always been about this player. I genuinely feel that if it wasn’t for his pace then this guy would be paying subs to play amateur football each week.

I suppose he should really be an inspiration to every kid who just isn’t good enough to make it. Sometimes miracles happen... 

Good luck in America...

A more measured summation I genuinely we see a microcosm of society on fans forums, folk feeling they can say or do anything online without any repercussions.  Mind you I see fans behaving like animals at games all the time so it’s no surprise they act poorly online too. Don’t say it online I you wouldn’t say it to their face. 

ToadKiller Dog

I hoped he would have stepped up ,showed a bit of skill at times ,never looked as if his heart was really in it or that he would find a high level of consistency. 

Good luck to him but will have to be chalked off as another failure with us .

Tom Hardy’s Dug

So this goes down as a good piece of business then? Like, as a matter of fact.

the truth is he improved from his arrival but not enough - shouldn’t be a figure of hate and his missus should never have had to hear racist twats in our support being racist about him

there is a bit of a theme along these lines amongst our “hearts family”...

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tom Hardy’s Dug
26 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Nothing against the lad (the pant wetting over the ear phones was hilarious), but he was another failed Levein project signing. 

Could do alright in the MLS, as he is pretty fast. 

wasn’t a failed project.

got him for a swap with a crock - he improved under us but not enough for the new guy and we made a profit out of him

kind of the opposite of a failed project - player signed for free sold for a fee.

2 minutes ago, JCR said:

Imagine it’ll be amazing to play in the Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Good luck to him. 

yep amazing Stadium.

Good luck in Atlanta, Jake.

To get six figures out of this transfer is tremendous business by the club

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

wasn’t a failed project.

got him for a swap with a crock - he improved under us but not enough for the new guy and we made a profit out of him

kind of the opposite of a failed project - player signed for free sold for a fee.

If he was recruited as a first team player then he wasn’t a success. His end product just wasn’t good enough. Does that not make it a failure. Angus Beith is hardly a good yardstick to judge our first team players by. 

tartofmidlothian
1 hour ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Personally thought last season he was one of our most improved players. He won us a couple of pens chasing nothing balls and put in a shift in most games he featured. Not the same player this season for whatever reason and it has clearly not worked out.

The best outcome for both club and player is that he moves on for a fee which has happened. 

Wish Jake and family all the best in the states and with the rest of his career.

Good post, all true. He threatened to look quite good for a while, but just not Hearts standard. Good deal for all concerned today, all the best to him.

wasn’t a failed project.

He was a mediocre squad player who couldn’t pin down a regular starting place in the worst Hearts team in decades. Like many of the the unpolished diamonds Levein loved to sign.

As for making us money, I suspect on a net basis, he won’t have made us much. Unless he was playing for free. 

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Good post, all true. He threatened to look quite good for a while, but just not Hearts standard. Good deal for all concerned today, all the best to him.

Plenty pace and trickery but no end product. He'll probably get a lot more joy playing against MLS defenders - they seem to be allergic to making proper tackles from what I've seen.

33 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Agree with that. He did have some good moments and goals which was more that the Wighton‘s of this world.

alwaysthereinspirit

Maybe I'll go to the Revolution v Atlanta game this season. Wear my Hearts top and boo him. 

Make him feel at home.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Peebo said:

He was a mediocre squad player who couldn’t pin down a regular starting place in the worst Hearts team in decades. Like many of the the unpolished diamonds Levein loved to sign.

As for making us money, I suspect on a net basis, he won’t have made us much. Unless he was playing for free. 

Did I say he made us money?

You need to twist things quite a bit to say that Mulraney was a disaster signing for us taking all things into account

There are plenty other examples that can be quoted.

Levein doesn’t need hung drawn and quartered for every single signing.

And Mulraney did improve whilst with us. Fact. He earned us a fee. Fact. He isn’t the reason we are where we are. 

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Good luck to him. I hope he's successful with Atlanta (except when he's playing against Toronto.)

I really liked his speed and always thought the potential was there, but he was unable to make his mark after 50+ games, so it was time to move on.

29 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

You need to twist things quite a bit to say that Mulraney was a disaster signing for us taking all things into account

And Mulraney did improve whilst with us. Fact. He earned us a fee. Fact. He isn’t the reason we are where we are. 

Did you say he made us money? You said “we made a profit out of him”.  Fact.

Did I say Mulraney was a disaster for us? No. Fact. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
9 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Did you say he made us money? You said “we made a profit out of him”.  Fact.

Did I say Mulraney was a disaster for us? No. Fact. 

Fair dues mate

He was unlucky with the whole ear phones debacle. 

The context killed him.

Had it been Rudi on a hot streak of form out there warming up with ear phones in most of us wouldn't have minded.

But it was Mulraney, off the back of a horrendous spell of personal and team form and it just made him look like he had a bad attitude in a crisis time for the club.

Hopefully things work out better at his next club.

Handofgod2015

Mulraney is a huge part of why we’re here. Too soft and for a winger he couldn’t pass, cross or run past a man. 

if he could do any of that we’d be a little better off 

2 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Maybe I'll go to the Revolution v Atlanta game this season. Wear my Hearts top and boo him. 

Make him feel at home.

Thank you. Can you pass on a boo from me too. And my wife. Thanks :)

1 hour ago, Rabgee said:

WTF was De Boer smoking when he signed this deal off!!!🚬🌿

I doubt that he did....much more likely to be this ex-Rangers player.

“He’s a direct player with a lot of pace who can play anywhere across the front three,” club vice president and technical director Carlos Bocanegra said in a statement released on Thursday. “As he’s in the middle of a season, Jake will be able to get up to full fitness quickly and immediately compete.”

https://www.dirtysouthsoccer.com/atlanta-united-fc-rumors-news/2020/1/23/21077330/atlanta-united-signs-jake-mulraney-from-hearts

They've sold Almiron and replaced him with Mulraney.. I do think he will do okay over there, pace a big asset in that league.  I would imagine he will turn into a bit of a Andy Driver and this will be the first of many random moves around the world ending back up at Dundee Utd at 28.

To be fair, when he played well, Hearts played well, which was about three times in 2019. 👍

I’m no fan of Clare (yet), although he has impressed recently, but I found myself sympathising with him every time he took stick and Mulraney seemed to get off with doing absolute zero. Best hide n seek player we’ve had for a long time.

Having said all that I wish nobody any ill. Good luck. 🇺🇸 

7 hours ago, Handofgod2015 said:

Excellent business - Worst winger in the history of Football. Henry Smith was a better winger. 

Leigh Jenkinson was worse.

As was Kevin Twaddle.

Ricardo Shillyshally

Nice change to actually sell a player and make some money. As others have said that is a (minor) success in itself.

I remember seeing him against Dunfermline at EEP. He looked pish then and never really improved. Some say he lacks confidence. I suspect it's his lack of ability that's let him down more. He put a good ball in for Halkett to score in the LC v Aberdeen, but other than that I'm struggling to think of positives.