Not missed

Cynic

1 minute ago, Cynic said:

Not missed: Berra, Whelan, Wighton or Mulraney. 

I will never slate Berra but the rest of that Mob can do one. 

2 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

100% this

1 minute ago, Boris5115 said:

I will never slate Berra 

Quite right. He never gave less than his all. To have a thread criticising him is disrespectful.

So much to enjoy today. Slating Berra is a very poor reaction.

Another way of putting this is Stendel is recognising in very quick time and very impressively who he needs and who he doesn't for  the good of the club. No player is more important than that, no matter their status.

Edited by Riccarton3

2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Does Berra go to the games to watch?

was he there today?

I believe he was in the main stand watching. Sure I spotted him and haring. My eyes may have deceived me however 😂

17 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

How very positive

You do realise that phoney words like "positive" or the ubiquitious "progressive" are automatically associated with something good. It's been allowed to creep into modern society , the notion that if you are "positive" you are morally superior. Sometimes the harsh reality and a kick on  the arse gets better results as proved by Herr Stendel.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

2 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

I believe he was in the main stand watching. Sure I spotted him and haring. My eyes may have deceived me however 😂

Saw him going down the steps at half time. Dundee please take him. 

Yet often shoe horned into Levein and MacPhees sides. Fair play to Stendel for the novel idea of choosing the players that are best equipped for the job at hand rather than names

4 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Haring was deffo there walked past me coming out Gorgie Suite when I was taking my seat .

13 minutes ago, Cynic said:

Dropping Berra was the correct decision. However, please always respect that his decline happened because he put his arse on the line on the field of play for Hearts, incurring a career limiting injury. Until that point he was excellent. He may no longer be worthy of a place in the team but Hearts have a duty of care towards him.

William H. Bonney
8 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Dropping Berra was the correct decision. However, please always respect that his decline happened because he put his arse on the line on the field of play for Hearts, incurring a career limiting injury. Until that point he was excellent. He may no longer be worthy of a place in the team but Hearts have a duty of care towards him.

Not sure about the duty of care but I agree with the rest. 

26 minutes ago, Cynic said:

I thought Mulraney had potential, he certainly has the pace and he's scored a couple of good goals. 

Maybe why an MLS club is looking at him. 

Berra was never the same after his injury on our new pitch. 

whelan was always a meh for me, it was obvious that we needed pace and not old heads. 

Wighton.... I couldn't believe we signed him at the time but there was some people on here that said it was a great signing.. Mental. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

They’re all yesterday’s news. Forward we go.

Reasonable player.  Good servant. Passed his best. Honour his contract. Bye.

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Cynic said:

28 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

👍

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

I thought Mulraney had potential, he certainly has the pace and he's scored a couple of good goals. 

whelan was always a meh for me, it was obvious that we needed pace and not old heads. 

Wighton.... I couldn't believe we signed him at the time but there was some people on here that said it was a great signing.. Mental. 

And this. 

16 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You do realise that phoney words like "positive" or the ubiquitious "progressive" are automatically associated with something good. It's been allowed to creep into modern society , the notion that if you are "positive" you are morally superior. Sometimes the harsh reality and a kick on  the arse gets better results as proved by Herr Stendel.

I'm sure you're making an excellent point 

8 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Mulraney couldn't command a start at Inverness which tells me he was never going to cut it at us. He also had the heart the size of a pea for me. As for Wighton I wouldn't waste my energy talking about him. 

36 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Early on, but post of the year for me.

Christophe in his two spells for Hearts has been one of the bravest players I have seen.

I believe he cares so much about the club that his statement in the press, was due to him knowing it

is over and he is unlikely to appear in Maroon again.

I know I would be gutted, so some respect is needed.

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Nothing has been proven yet. 

I'm confident it will tho. 

Berra declined hugely, but I’ll refrain from mentioning him in the same breath as shitebags like Whelan and Mulraney (even though technically I just did!).

9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

:spoton:

Shite thread. 

Correct . Team improving all the time under the new manager . Lots of positives to talk about .

Yet someone thinks its a good idea to start a miserable , negative , mean spirited thread like this .

WheatfieldWarrior
13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

:spoton:

Shite thread. 

Result today was more to do with Naismith, Washington, Walker, Souttar, being in the team rather than Berra not being in it for me.

2 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Correct . Team improving all the time under the new manager . Lots of positives to talk about .

Yet someone thinks its a good idea to start a miserable , negative , mean spirited thread like this .

Just now, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Result today was more to do with Naismith, Washington, Walker, Souttar, being in the team rather than Berra not being in it for me.

Indeed. 

Folk have short memories. Berra was a great player for us. Anyone that plays 250 games for us deserves respect. 

Delighted to have Souttar back and I’m a big fan but I thought him and Halkett were a bit ropey today. Granted it’s his first game back so to be expected but to say he strolled it and smoked a cigar today is a bit biased imo. Tin hat on 

And mclean! 

Stendel realises in a few weeks that mclean, wighton and mulraney are not good enough for Hearts. Levein had them in the team every week. Tells you everything!! 

5 minutes ago, red said:

Delighted to have Souttar back and I’m a big fan but I thought him and Halkett were a bit ropey today. Granted it’s his first game back so to be expected but to say he strolled it and smoked a cigar today is a bit biased imo. Tin hat on 

Souttar wasnt quite match sharp and Halkett isnt match fit.

Set pieces are an issue.

Edited by Jamboelite

Bridge of Djoum
31 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

As it should be for all HEARTS fans.

I think the problem with posters on here is that no matter how well a player has shown in previous games as soon as he has had a bad one he becomes shite... of course the opposite is also true ... Clare, on the evidence of today's game, is a player again donchano in the eyes of many.

bigsuperslim1874
1 hour ago, SwindonJambo said:

Very good post. 👍

Sadly Berra is finished at this level but drastic actions were needed. We need younger legs at the back participating in moving the ball about quicker. The others had their day and chance. 

Edited by Dannie Boy

Have to say if these 4 played today it would bot have been 5 0. Respect to them for pulling the shirt on but they are now not fit for purpose 

Hopefully we have seen the last of  steven maclean as well, how we gave him an extended really just sums up the prevouis regime 

letsalldothebeattie

Can’t slate Berra it was sad to see his drastic drop in form and it was the right call from Stendel. 

The others mentioned however absolutely no loss to us 

4 hours ago, jambogemz said:

Wighton?? Can't really miss a player that isn't even a player. 

This