Andy Irving

jambogemz

Surprised no thread for this young man as yet.

Composure, passing range, skillful, a bit of dig and can finish. 

Thought he was the best player on the park today. I've been impressed with him since the Dundee United LC game. Certainly has the potential to be a fantastic player. 

Daniel Stendel has brought these young players a new lease of life. The 3 academy lads today looked as though they were loving every minute. 

Classy player and I thought he was MOM today. He does have the odd moment though like today losing the ball near our own box which caused the scramble when Hickey got injured iirc

Strange i thought that was one of the poorest games i’ve seen from him today and i like him alot.

His first touch wasnt as sharp and passing a little off.

Appreciate the lad has set high standards.

1 minute ago, Balders said:

Classy player and I thought he was MOM today. He does have the odd moment though like today losing the ball near our own box which caused the scramble when Hickey got injured iirc

Yeah he had 2 moments like that but can be forgiven. 

Seymour M Hersh

The lad has oodles of ability. Needs to remain fully concentrated at times but I'm sure that'll come with experience I'm sure. 

Anyone know if the lad had a knock recently? Sure I saw him buying an ankle support at my last week, limping about the place. Imagine my surprise to see him start and score the first goal

Was involved in absolutely everything. 
few slack passes other than was excellent with a goal and an assist.  

keep it up! 

Takeshi kovac

Lost his concentration a couple of times but what a player we have on our hands. Fantastic range of passing , really good engine and an eye for goal . Hope he keeps improving under Stendal he was head and shoulders above anyone else in the middle of the park

18 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Strange i thought that was one of the poorest games i’ve seen from him today and i like him alot.

Agreed.

Jambof3tornado
22 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Thought he grew into the game, henderson too.

It’s amazing how different people see games. I thought he was nowhere near our best player, gave the ball away so many times I lost count. However he was involved in a lot and was a nice finish for

his goal. He can get better though

Leveins Battalion

Andy Irving was sensational today,I hope we can bring in a quality centre midfielder to complement his composure and range of passing.

Bungalow Bill

He played well but was caught twice on the ball, got away with it because it was Airdrie. He’s our best midfielder though. 

He strode through the game. Excellent performance coupled with that wee swagger of arrogance, which all great passers of the ball have.

Simply outstanding in the middle against 2 very good players in jack and Davis, plays lovely clever inside passes into Naismith and Boyce! He is streets ahead of cochrane imo and will only get better 

Everybody Loves Baz!

Such an assured performance.

Can't recall misplacing a single pass the whole game.

Always made space and time to find the next pass.

Tennant's  6's

Always looks to shift the ball onto his left peg to make a pass, and he gas the strength to hold players off. 

I was worried that he might not have the fitness or stamina to see a game out, but he is. 

Brilliant today 

My MOTM today. Totally unfazed by the occasion. 

Strolled midfield with the cigar out

Edited by Gregski51

Bridge of Djoum

Said on the match thread my MOTM. Always looking for the ball, composed, consistent in finding his pass. We have a real player.

His body language at times gives you a heart attack as he looks pedestrian but his natural ability more often than not get his outta jail re that laid back style...

Hopefully he really kicks on does himself justice and proves to be an asset to Hearts & has a career worthy of that natural ability...

WoolfordsHearts

I can't believe this young player is not on every single topic on here.

Unbelievable game today by Irving.

I love him.

jambogirlglasgow
1 minute ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

I love him.

Ridiculously good.

First time I saw this lad at a reserve team cup final at Tynecastle I was completely blown away by his performance, I came on here raving about him, a few on here doubted my judgement, some said he had no pace, I retorted neither had Jim Baxter and he did no bad - wonder what they are thinking about him now.

Not many midfielders get their head up and take that few seconds longer on the ball to pick a pass.  Such composure for his age.   A very good career ahead of him. 

57 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

I love him.

Hello Andy senior...:biggrin2: