Lewis Moore

RustyRightPeg

16 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Don’t know what game people were watching but he was our worst player today, Hate saying things like this but he won’t make it. He was the one individual weak link in our team - too slow and weak. 

Wow.  Football's a game of opinions right enough - but some of them are just plain nonsense.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LarrysRightFoot

• Bazzas right boot

• HMFC 86

• RustyRightPeg

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I watched the team training on Thursday. They were doing drills where the wingers were to attack the full back and prioritise getting the ball in to the box. The (I assume) probables set up with Henderson and Walker on the wings and the possibles with Connor Smith and Moore. Moore was up against Hickey and did very well, beating him and sending useful crosses or passes in to the box. Walker looked slower and less up for it (in my opinion). It was noticeable the encouragement and coaching Stendel was giving to Moore. I thought he had a great game yesterday. Possibly helped by the belief shown in him by the new regime. The lad had a tough time last year I think. Good to see him progressing. 

8 minutes ago, rael11 said:

The lad had a tough time last year I think. Good to see him progressing. 

Yip, he lost his father last year. 

2 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Do think most needed to go out on loan . Hopefully they've benefited from doing that .

DS has already stated squad is too big and is trying to move players on whilst hoping to bring in a couple(?) of new faces .

Difficulty is if all these young players are not going back out on loan our squad will still be bloated

possibly for some yes, but don’t agree with  young players being on loan for 2 years. They will get some benefit from being loaned out short term, but sometimes it’s better to keep them, and coach them, at the club. We have to remember that the clubs they go on loan to will not spend all their time coaching our players and will instead focus on their own young players.

The reason our squad is bloated is CL brought in so many journeymen rather than keeping the route open for our you players to develop into first team players. It will take some time for Stendel to sort out the squad and balance with how many developing players to keep on.

Edited by HMFC 86

17 hours ago, eyes open said:

Another example of just how poor a coach Levein was .

These young boys are starting to produce the goods because the new coach believes in them and plays in a way that releases their enthusiasm and desire to play attacking football.

How many of them would have been let go while Levein brought in has been's on big wages .. 

How good could Zanatta and Edwards have been. 

Good riddance the sooner that toxic wage thief is gone the better for all .. 

How some folk on here can defend that p##t beggars belief... 

Someone will be doing well, to top this post for stupidity during 2020 ... over to you JKB !

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Someone will be doing well, to top this post for stupidity during 2020 ... over to you JKB !

It's a cracker, eh? 

33 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

possibly for some yes, but don’t agree with  young players being on loan for 2 years. They will get some benefit from being loaned out short term, but sometimes it’s better to keep them, and coach them, at the club. We have to remember that the clubs they go on loan to will not spend all their time coaching our players and will instead focus on their own young players.

The reason our squad is bloated is CL brought in so many journeymen rather than keeping the route open for our you players to develop into first team players. It will take some time for Stendel to sort out the squad and balance with how many developing players to keep on.

I agree . Would hope we bring in max 2 outfield players this window . Think with fit Naismith , Souttar etc we will be ok . 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's ridiculous. 

CL had to go, but to say he didn't give youth a chance is ****ing mental. 

Exactly.

Levein would never have given any of these lads game time / Levein gave most of these lads their Hearts debut.

Confusing time for the haters ...

Edited by Mr Elwood P

12 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Exactly.

Levein would never have given any of these lads game time / Levein gave most of these lads their Hearts debut.

Confusing time for the haters ...

Rubbish. CL may have given debuts to these players but then he loaned most of them out for the last 2 years and brought in loads of journeymen instead.

Doesnt seem confusing for you Levein fanboys though eh? Support CL all the way 

LarrysRightFoot
4 hours ago, jambo19 said:

Out of interest how many games as he played recently? 

So first game back and you could see that he was intelligent to drag his marker out then take his first touch on the outside of his boot to spin his marker into the space he created. That was quite common in the first half. For a player that's just back his 2 efforts were on target and worked the goalie, not erratic and blazed over the bar. Also a positive for me. The more games under his belt in addition to more training, the more this becomes instinctive and you start finding corners of he net.

Agree he should have sped up but one of the patterns we continued to do was find the strikers feet who had dropped off the defensive line into the no.10 pocket of space. 

Likewise Washington could get the same criticism, passing behind players, tried to bend his shot and it was just wide. The more training and games he gets the more this will get sharper .

All we can do is back the manager, you can see differences in some players already and support the players. Have a bit of patience as it might well pay off. The foundations were evident for Moore yesterday and it looked a confident first game back to build on

As I have said before it’s not that I don’t want him to succeed I just think it’s clear he’s not good enough. 

Re your point how many games he’s played recently - I think it’s telling he couldn’t get a game for Falkirk. 

He’s 21 - it wasn’t a 17 year old making his first appearance. As either FF or JiG (can’t remember which one) said he should rally have found his level by now. He is in the last chance saloon at Hearts - yes he worked hard but that should be a pre-requisite.

I’ll say it again he doesn’t have the pace or strength to play the way (it appears) Stendel wants to play. He also doesn’t have an outstanding attribute to make up for not having these things (I.e. Walker can create or score a goal out of nothing). 

As for Washington, he’s clearly not match sharp and looks to be carrying a few pounds. However, he is a seasoned pro who we know can play at this level already, he makes great runs and shows intelligence in his play. 

Naismith is far from match sharp as well but was head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch. 

Yes training may help Moore learn the position and tactics but there’s things you’ve got or you don’t. He doesn’t have pace (for one) and from the wingers we have been linked with they all appear to be rapid - something Stendel clearly wants and something we have been crying our for for years. 

I hope I’m wrong and Moore goes on to be great for us, I just can’t see it personally.

16 hours ago, eyes open said:

Aye ,Craig Levein what a guy , bet you wish he was still in charge , 

That's why he brought in Whelan ,White ,Damour , and sent Cochrane ,McDonald, Moore, etc.. out on loan to make space for them , 

These youngsters never played many games for  Dunfermline, Falkirk, so how was that developing them .

Now under Stendel we are seeing how good these youngsters are after he recalled them. 

Ryan Edwards is typical of Levein,s decision making , in for the cup final then released .. ? Never mind our money spent on the dross which Stendel is now having to move on . 

What Levein was allow to get away with is disgraceful.

The sooner your hero is told to get lost from the Oriam the better , 

You will probably shed a few tears but the rest of the forward thinking Hearts fans will be delighted . 

it,s the first time in Three seasons that myself and many others are looking forward to games and that's down to DS and his positive attitude .

But you carry on defending Levein. 

Ye, totally agree. Levein’s fanboys still about though

Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 game,  cautious,  in the younger players hands to prove they can do it week in week out, totally different expectations. 

Good performance though 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
24 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

As I have said before it’s not that I don’t want him to succeed I just think it’s clear he’s not good enough. 

Re your point how many games he’s played recently - I think it’s telling he couldn’t get a game for Falkirk. 

He’s 21 - it wasn’t a 17 year old making his first appearance. As either FF or JiG (can’t remember which one) said he should rally have found his level by now. He is in the last chance saloon at Hearts - yes he worked hard but that should be a pre-requisite.

I’ll say it again he doesn’t have the pace or strength to play the way (it appears) Stendel wants to play. He also doesn’t have an outstanding attribute to make up for not having these things (I.e. Walker can create or score a goal out of nothing). 

As for Washington, he’s clearly not match sharp and looks to be carrying a few pounds. However, he is a seasoned pro who we know can play at this level already, he makes great runs and shows intelligence in his play. 

Naismith is far from match sharp as well but was head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch. 

Yes training may help Moore learn the position and tactics but there’s things you’ve got or you don’t. He doesn’t have pace (for one) and from the wingers we have been linked with they all appear to be rapid - something Stendel clearly wants and something we have been crying our for for years. 

I hope I’m wrong and Moore goes on to be great for us, I just can’t see it personally.

First time round I thought he was a bit flatter to deceive. Looked far more complete yesterday. 

Can you trust him to reproduce on Wednesday. Tough question 

18 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I’ve never had so many replies!

Do people genuinely think I want Moore to not make it? He’s not good enough. 

He’s too slow, too weak - he doesn’t have an outstanding attribute to make up for these. His crossing and shooting are at best a mixed bag. At least with someone like Henderson (who also has a long way to go) he makes up with his lack of finesse and guile with hard running and tenacity.

If Moore makes it at Hearts I’ll be gobsmacked. 

Not speaking for anyone else but it's got nothing to do with whether you hope he makes it.

The laddie had a good game yesterday and the vast majority are giving him credit for it, I just don't agree that he was a weak link, not even close.

LarrysRightFoot
42 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Not speaking for anyone else but it's got nothing to do with whether you hope he makes it.

The laddie had a good game yesterday and the vast majority are giving him credit for it, I just don't agree that he was a weak link, not even close.

I don’t think he had a good game. I think he tried hard but that should be a given.

I think a good winger who put the same amount of effort in would have scored and got a couple of assists yesterday. Basically McCann would have run riot. 

Take nothing away from Airdrie they were honest and tried hard but when you are effectively in the last chance saloon as Moore is, I would have expected to see more against that level of opposition. 

I think Henderson, who still looks raw, showed more in terms of having a spark than Moore. 

Btw the way I don’t think anyone was outstanding yesterday. I thought it was a good game for us in that a lot players coming back from injury got minutes and we got to start putting training ground stiff into practice but nobody was outstanding. 

Individually I thought Moore was the weakest link whilst as a team our defending needs a lot work. I’m not just talking about the back 4 (Soapy and Garuccio have been out a while, first time they’ve played together etc.) I mean as a team - once Airdrie got through the first press or bypassed it they opened us up too easily and should have scored about 3. 

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

20 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I don’t think he had a good game. I think he tried hard but that should be a given.

I think a good winger who put the same amount of effort in would have scored and got a couple of assists yesterday. Basically McCann would have run riot. 

Take nothing away from Airdrie they were honest and tried hard but when you are effectively in the last chance saloon as Moore is, I would have expected to see more against that level of opposition. 

I think Henderson, who still looks raw, showed more in terms of having a spark than Moore. 

Btw the way I don’t think anyone was outstanding yesterday. I thought it was a good game for us in that a lot players coming back from injury got minutes and we got to start putting training ground stiff into practice but nobody was outstanding. 

Individually I thought Moore was the weakest link whilst as a team our defending needs a lot work. I’m not just talking about the back 4 (Soapy and Garuccio have been out a while, first time they’ve played together etc.) I mean as a team - once Airdrie got through the first press or bypassed it they opened us up too easily and should have scored about 3. 

Any team with Pereira in goals doesn't need to look far for a weak link!

Ignoring that I just don't agree, I think in his position it doesn't always come off but you have to keep chapping at the door. I thought he did well.