Lewis Moore

RustyRightPeg

16 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Don’t know what game people were watching but he was our worst player today, Hate saying things like this but he won’t make it. He was the one individual weak link in our team - too slow and weak. 

😲

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LarrysRightFoot

• Bazzas right boot

• HMFC 86

• RustyRightPeg

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LarrysRightFoot

As I said too slow and too weak. Not faulting his effort but definitely our weak link (individually) today. He will be the first to drop out if we sign a winger. Will be gone in the summer. 

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

honestly, today made Preston's rant about the academy producing nothing sound even more bitter and contrived!

we have surely got a vast array of youngsters, what club has more????

29 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Don’t know what game people were watching but he was our worst player today, Hate saying things like this but he won’t make it. He was the one individual weak link in our team - too slow and weak. 

Ffs stop talking pish 

6 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

As I said too slow and too weak. Not faulting his effort but definitely our weak link (individually) today. He will be the first to drop out if we sign a winger. Will be gone in the summer. 

Gie ower. 

You clearly weren't at the game, and didn't see any of what he brought to the match. 

33 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

:what:

Footballfirst

I've always liked Moore as a player as he has a good work ethic and an eye for goal. I don't know what went wrong for him when he went out on loan in the last couple of seasons, as more often than not he ended up on the bench.

We should also remember that Moore is already 21 so he should be ready to find his level in the game.  He is also a product (as is Irving) of recruitment to the Academy that pre-dates CL. 

40 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

🙄🙄🙄💩

LarrysRightFoot

I’ve never had so many replies!

Do people genuinely think I want Moore to not make it? He’s not good enough. 

He’s too slow, too weak - he doesn’t have an outstanding attribute to make up for these. His crossing and shooting are at best a mixed bag. At least with someone like Henderson (who also has a long way to go) he makes up with his lack of finesse and guile with hard running and tenacity.

If Moore makes it at Hearts I’ll be gobsmacked. 

35 minutes ago, Steve said:

honestly, today made Preston's rant about the academy producing nothing sound even more bitter and contrived!

we have surely got a vast array of youngsters, what club has more????

I think Levein was why we thought the academy was producing nothing.

Put such shackles on the key attributes youngsters bring - a fearlessness and energy which can be unpredictable to play against. Its no wonder so many looked mince when it was probably defend defend defend. How is a winger supposed to attack when that is the demands of the coach??

Honestly, thank **** for Daniel Stendel. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

I think Levein was why we thought the academy was producing nothing.

Put such shackles on the key attributes youngsters bring - a fearlessness and energy which can be unpredictable to play against. Its no wonder so many looked mince when it was probably defend defend defend. How is a winger supposed to attack when that is the demands of the coach??

Honestly, thank **** for Daniel Stendel. 

agree entirely....they looked like they were expressing themselves today

Had a good time, and now has a real chance to prove himself good enough. Hoping to see Harry Cochrane get a run as well in the coming weeks as well

Has bulked up. Looking promising for the lad. But it was Airdrie so I’m not getting too excited. Hopeful for the lad though. Played well

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

The test for Stendel is to keep all the players progressing and playing consistently well.  The other test is to get them playing well away from home.

I'm sure he can do both.

It will take a few games and some decent performances ,,but we will get there,,younger lads gaining experience,and toughening up '  futures looking good for hearts,,,, no  need for panic ,,results will come👍🇱🇻🇶🇦🇱🇻🇶🇦🇱🇻🇶🇦🇶🇦

1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Man of the match.

1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

He’s too slow, too weak - he doesn’t have an outstanding attribute to make up for these. His crossing and shooting are at best a mixed bag. At least with someone like Henderson (who also has a long way to go) he makes up with his lack of finesse and guile with hard running and tenacity.

He was the best player on the pitch today.

Prepare to be gobsmacked.

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

What a strange rant

CL gave him game time.. 

And Hickey, and Irvine and Harry, and MacDonald and Brandon. 

Loaning young players out is quite common to get game time. 

Hopefully the new style suits the players but you've taken an awful lot from a win v a 3rd teir team. 

Aye ,Craig Levein what a guy , bet you wish he was still in charge , 

That's why he brought in Whelan ,White ,Damour , and sent Cochrane ,McDonald, Moore, etc.. out on loan to make space for them , 

These youngsters never played many games for  Dunfermline, Falkirk, so how was that developing them .

Now under Stendel we are seeing how good these youngsters are after he recalled them. 

Ryan Edwards is typical of Levein,s decision making , in for the cup final then released .. ? Never mind our money spent on the dross which Stendel is now having to move on . 

What Levein was allow to get away with is disgraceful.

The sooner your hero is told to get lost from the Oriam the better , 

You will probably shed a few tears but the rest of the forward thinking Hearts fans will be delighted . 

it,s the first time in Three seasons that myself and many others are looking forward to games and that's down to DS and his positive attitude .

But you carry on defending Levein. 

Could never understand how he went off grid. Anytime I saw him he seemed full of running and energy. Deceptively tough in possession which really stands him well, could be a real positive and a player Stendel will improve massively. 

jamboinglasgow
3 hours ago, Finlay James said:

I thought the same and hopefully Smith, McDonald and Cochrane can add to the list this season.  They are all good enough but the key is whether they have the attitude and mentality to achieve the high standards Stendel demands.  Heres hoping.

I will be fascinated to see what, if any, changes are made to the academy in the next year with an SD being appointed and Stendel having an influence.

Thats the same for me, I think we have a lot of the right structures in place for the academy for someone to build something strong with it and tweak it to be right. The SD appointment will be crucial for that. But Stendel is the other important part, someone who can develop a young talent into being a first team player.

The more I look back at Levein (admittedly with hindsight) is that he gave so many of them chances in 2017/18 season but did not develop them. Moore is an example of that, he was mainly used as a wing back which is not his position, very limited on what he could do. Before this match I must admit I was wondering why we gave Moore a new contract last season and why was not one of the players told to find a new club, today showed me I was wrong and demonstrated a player in him. I look forward seeing how he goes for the rest of the season.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, eyes open said:

That's why he brought in Whelan ,White ,Damour , and sent Cochrane ,McDonald, Moore, etc.. out on loan to make space for them , 

These youngsters never played many games for  Dunfermline, Falkirk, so how was that developing them .

Now under Stendel we are seeing how good these youngsters are after he recalled them. 

Ryan Edwards is typical of Levein,s decision making , in for the cup final then released .. ? Never mind our money spent on the dross which Stendel is now having to move on . 

You will probably shed a few tears but the rest of the forward thinking Hearts fans will be delighted . 

it,s the first time in Three seasons that myself and many others are looking forward to games and that's down to DS and his positive attitude .

****ing hell. 

Aye, good one. 

If you tried to get more things wrong, I don't think you could. 

You made that all up. 

Every word, you made up. 

26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

****ing hell. 

Aye, good one. 

You made that all up. 

Every word, you made up. 

Which part is wrong

6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The so called rubbish Academy has produced Irving, Moore and Henderson. And brought on Hickey. 

If another club had played 4 Academy players people would be saying they were so much better. 

Nothing should be allowed to detract from a good old fashioned rant at the dinosaur that is Craig Levein. Its the Kickback way these days.

Lewis Moore is example an example young lad thrown in played first team games then bombed out and miles away from the first team. These young lads need game time and coaching, if they then aren't deemed good enough then fair enough. But these lads have come through the academy. They know what the club is all about and should be the lifeblood. Stendel sees that and it can only be positive. 

7 hours ago, eyes open said:

Good post, absolutely right. That poster just wants to spraff total sh1te and defend CL

20 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

Lewis Moore is example an example young lad thrown in played first team games then bombed out and miles away from the first team. These young lads need game time and coaching, if they then aren't deemed good enough then fair enough. But these lads have come through the academy. They know what the club is all about and should be the lifeblood. Stendel sees that and it can only be positive. 

Agree. For me this is another real negative of CL’s time (one of many). Lots of youngsters given games 2 years ago, but none became 1st team regulars, most just punted out on loan. Not against use of the loan system, but sometimes it’s better to keep young players with us to develop. If they are not with us then how can they get further opportunities in the first team if we have injuries

3 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Agree. For me this is another real negative of CL’s time (one of many). Lots of youngsters given games 2 years ago, but none became 1st team regulars, most just punted out on loan. Not against use of the loan system, but sometimes it’s better to keep young players with us to develop. If they are not with us then how can they get further opportunities in the first team if we have injuries

That's it supplement the squad with these young lads. We spent a season bedding them in to the first team, some before they perhaps ready. Next season you are thinking they will kick on be better for their experience, nope bombed.

You've invested a lot of time and money coaching these lads bringing them through the ranks so it's logical to use them where appropriate.

Some will be good enough, some won't but you need to put them into see

13 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The so called rubbish Academy has produced Irving, Moore and Henderson. And brought on Hickey. 

If another club had played 4 Academy players people would be saying they were so much better. 

your comment does not suit there agenda

13 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The boy ran himself into the ground today and showed some really good touches. Only one way for these guys to get better, that is to play games. Let’s hope he can play just as well as that against tougher opponents in the premiership 

Get the impression Moore , surprise selection for most , has shown up well in training and Stendel picked him to see how he did in a real game . He did well .

May want to do this with Cochrane etc but upcoming games are not against Airdrie , unfortunately !

Interesting to see how he fits the young players in .

Never really noticed him today but I thought the team played well overall so the lad must have done well lol.

RustyRightPeg
13 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Bizarre. I genuinely wonder what some folk see from the stand.  

LarrysRightFoot
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Bizarre. I genuinely wonder what some folk see from the stand.  

So do I. 

LarrysRightFoot
12 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

What did you see yesterday then? I’m curious. 

Someone who tried hard but does not have the ability or tools to make it at this level. 

He isn’t quick enough to be a winger for Stendel. Case in point - when we won possession and had the chance to break in the first half down the right. He was jogging instead of sprinting and was caught by the Airdrie who he had a 10 yard head start on.

His crossing was erratic at best. His shooting was poor, case in point - the chance he had when all alone about 10 yards out and the keeper telegraphed where he was going to put it (everyone on ground could see what he was going to do) - Naismith was offside from the rebound. Other times when he got in good positions at the edge of the box he shot straight at the keeper.

Against better opposition he wouldn’t cut it.

4 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

Do think most needed to go out on loan . Hopefully they've benefited from doing that .

DS has already stated squad is too big and is trying to move players on whilst hoping to bring in a couple(?) of new faces .

Difficulty is if all these young players are not going back out on loan our squad will still be bloated

23 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Never really noticed him today but I thought the team played well overall so the lad must have done well lol.

Everyone played their part and it was a good victory against a team who are in better form than Dumbarton and Strarnraer  who gave Aberdeen and Rangers a closer game. Indeed the Aberdeen win was a result of a contentious penalty. To put things in perspective we should maybe cast our minds back to earlier games this season against Stenhousemuir and East Fife.

13 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Someone who tried hard but does not have the ability or tools to make it at this level. 

He isn’t quick enough to be a winger for Stendel. Case in point - when we won possession and had the chance to break in the first half down the right. He was jogging instead of sprinting and was caught by the Airdrie who he had a 10 yard head start on.

His crossing was erratic at best. His shooting was poor, case in point - the chance he had when all alone about 10 yards out and the keeper telegraphed where he was going to put it (everyone on ground could see what he was going to do) - Naismith was offside from the rebound. Other times when he got in good positions at the edge of the box he shot straight at the keeper.

Against better opposition he wouldn’t cut it.

Out of interest how many games as he played recently? 

So first game back and you could see that he was intelligent to drag his marker out then take his first touch on the outside of his boot to spin his marker into the space he created. That was quite common in the first half. For a player that's just back his 2 efforts were on target and worked the goalie, not erratic and blazed over the bar. Also a positive for me. The more games under his belt in addition to more training, the more this becomes instinctive and you start finding corners of he net.

Agree he should have sped up but one of the patterns we continued to do was find the strikers feet who had dropped off the defensive line into the no.10 pocket of space. 

Likewise Washington could get the same criticism, passing behind players, tried to bend his shot and it was just wide. The more training and games he gets the more this will get sharper .

All we can do is back the manager, you can see differences in some players already and support the players. Have a bit of patience as it might well pay off. The foundations were evident for Moore yesterday and it looked a confident first game back to build on

14 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Just out of curiousity how did you think he compared to Henderson?

14 hours ago, Deans Jambo said:

Imo sending these guys out on loan was absolutely the right thing! They need to go play every week away from an overly critical support (don't agree? Have a look back to when these guys were in the 1st team the last time) and to see what life away from Hearts is like, make them appreciate what playing for us means!

Totally agree ! A 5-0 win against Airdrie has changed all that though. I'm a Jambo through and through but **** playing in front of our fans.

10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

****ing hell. 

Aye, good one. 

You made that all up. 

Every word, you made up. 

Really .. I can only apologise I didn't realise I was debating with a child. 

Seriously eh, "you made that up... every word you made up " .. 

Lol...  😂😂

Cheers for making me smile ... 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, eyes open said:

Really .. I can only apologise I didn't realise I was debating with a child. 

Seriously eh, "you made that up... every word you made up " .. 

Lol...  😂😂

Cheers for making me smile ... 

Yip, you did in regards to your sweeping comments about CL. 

No one Is defending CL. 

I don't want him back in charge. 

The players were injured, so how could they play. 

CL did give them a chance, then put them on loan. Lots of clubs put young players out on loan. It's not a CL thing. 

I don't care if CL stays or goes, he's nothing to do the first team now, what Stendel wants is important. 

No tears will be shed. 

So as I said, everything you said is pretty much wrong. 

The only thing you got right was that Stendel has a hard job right now, but that is obvious. 

Hopefully we can now kick on on the league. 

Hopefully fans can also move on, back Stendel and don't turn on him if we don't get instant results. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, jamborich said:

Which part is wrong

No one is defending CL. 

I don't want him back. 

No tears will be shed. 

Sending young players out on loan is perfectly normal. 

14 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

When I started the thread about Andy Irving some posters said exactly the same.i would say Moore looked better than Henderson. Don,t know if its worth playing both of them v the hun.