Scottish Cup.

Bazzas right boot

NaturalOrder74

Completely depends on the draw I’m afraid, pretty much every cup past couple of years we’ve gone as far as running into Celtic / sevco if either of them get knocked out no reason we can’t beat anyone else with a decent forward 

Thought Police

Celtic and Rangers haven’t been drawn together before the semi finals since the “shame game”. Funny that.

GorgieRules22
14 minutes ago, _maroonplatoon said:

Delusional.

To be fair you would have said the same thing last year and we weren’t far off it.

August Landmesser

Celtic to put Rangers (or Stranraer) out next round, then we get them at Tynie in the QFs, and we're in with a shot. Beat Dundee Utd in the semi and the sheep in the final. 

Bish bash bosh. Easy.

I think we will get to the final again. We seem to be getting more luck with the draws now after years of getting fellow Premier league opposition.

Just now, Boab said:

Let’s take care of Airdrie first !

Exactly this. 

All we've done so far is let players go from a team bottom of the league. We have no idea how the remaining players are going to perform, so let's just get this game out of the way before getting that far ahead of ourselves! 

Raymond Reddington

If celtic or rangers are going to be knocked out it will have to be away from home, and before hampden.

Part of me thinks we should be taking care of staying up but the more I hear and read about our set up now the more convinced I am we will. 

A decent cup run could add a few £ into the summer spending pot, which would be great. 

Next year we are going to be a fecking force.

34 minutes ago, Raymond Reddington said:

If celtic or rangers are going to be knocked out it will have to be away from home, and before hampden.

tbf Aberdeen beat Rangers 2-0 at Ibrox in QF last season, so there's always a chance in the cup. But I wouldn't fancy meeting either away from home before the semi.

It's all about the luck of the draw. Avoid either before the semi, we have a very good chance.

Also, I'd take relegation and a cup win (if that was the choice). All about the trophies for me.

Though we sometimes go down, we can aye go back up.

1 hour ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Completely depends on the draw I’m afraid, pretty much every cup past couple of years we’ve gone as far as running into Celtic / sevco if either of them get knocked out no reason we can’t beat anyone else with a decent forward 

Going on past history, we're pretty much screwed already!

53 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Exactly this. 

All we've done so far is let players go from a team bottom of the league. We have no idea how the remaining players are going to perform, so let's just get this game out of the way before getting that far ahead of ourselves! 

Correct. 

One game at a time. 

Everyone is a cup final tbh. 

32 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Also, I'd take relegation and a cup win (if that was the choice). All about the trophies for me.

Though we sometimes go down, we can aye go back up.

If we are getting relegated, I don't think we will be anywhere near a cup final

Im buzzing for the game the morn, Stendel has had a bit of time with the team now so I'm excited to see how we approach this 

3 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Im buzzing for the game the morn, Stendel has had a bit of time with the team now so I'm excited to see how we approach this 

Top six and win the Scottish Cup will do for me. 

Brighton Jambo

For one season only I couldn’t care less.  Relegation would be an absolute disaster for the club so absolutely everything needs to go into avoiding that.  The cup is a distraction this season.  

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

For one season only I couldn’t care less.  Relegation would be an absolute disaster for the club so absolutely everything needs to go into avoiding that.  The cup is a distraction this season.  

Beating Airdrie will build confidence 

4 hours ago, Thought Police said:

Celtic and Rangers haven’t been drawn together before the semi finals since the “shame game”. Funny that.

Makes you wonder doesn’t it :conspiracy:

I think we'll be concentrating on the league but I also think our season starts this Saturday. If we start well and keep it going, with a few lucky draws, who knows. The league is the main focus though. 

Brighton Jambo
34 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Beating Airdrie will build confidence 

I have no problem with beating Airdrie to build some confidence but then we need to start winning a couple of games in the league.  Once we have that momentum for me the cup is a distraction and increases risk of injuries and suspensions.  

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, Boab said:

The name still gives me the fear. They scarred me in the 90's.

Selkirkhmfc1874

That's all our hopes and dreams and if we get our act together / keep our main players for it's not unrealistic in my opinion 

18 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I have no problem with beating Airdrie to build some confidence but then we need to start winning a couple of games in the league.  Once we have that momentum for me the cup is a distraction and increases risk of injuries and suspensions.  

Equally a distraction when you are going for the league. 

In 1998 for example. 

Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

The name still gives me the fear. They scarred me in the 90's.

Hated playing them. Always seemed a struggle. The semis I’m not even going there. Disaster.

queensferryjambo
5 hours ago, Boab said:

This.

Bang on the cash Boab.

Our cup record versus Airdie in the past hasn't been particularly good. 

Let's set that straight, hopefully get a win and then worry about the next round. 

The longer those two stay in Europe the better every other contenderers chances including us.

We may be on the crest of a remarkable turn around in our fortunes.

In time(and hopefully not that long a wait!) we achieve double figure wins in a national competition. 

The Big Cup is our best chance. 2 away from 10.  

6 hours ago, _maroonplatoon said:

Delusional.

We can't have anyone being positive it's not allowed. 

The OP had hardly stopped typing yet you are straight in to slap him down. 

Cheer up ffs. 

I read somewhere that the final was early this year 9th May I believe. 

Wonder why that is ? 

Being an optimist I always check Scottish Cup Final date before booking holidays. 👍