Recumbent cyclists...

Boof

...any on here able to answer a question or two about 'em?

Just wondered (a) how easy are they to get used to and (B) how fast compared to a normal road bike?

Brian Whittaker's Tache

30% less effort required than a normal bicycle I believe but you look 100% more of a t1t on one

30% less effort required than a normal bicycle I believe but you look 100% more of a t1t on one

First bit sounds good to me and the second...I'm of an age now that I don't GAF what I look llike :D :D

Unless you're a giraffe, you'll see f-all

You'll get gob-loads of fumes wherever you go

30% more efficient ?... I've never seen one go up the mound...

and bumps - unless you've got a rubber spine, don't go near the cobbled streets of the New Town!

Is that enough to convince you not to get one?

:biggrin:

Unless you're a giraffe, you'll see f-all

You'll get gob-loads of fumes wherever you go

30% more efficient ?... I've never seen one go up the mound...

and bumps - unless you've got a rubber spine, don't go near the cobbled streets of the New Town!

Is that enough to convince you not to get one?

:biggrin:

Nah...living in Shetland the wind usually puts paid to any fumes on our pretty-damn-good quality roads. Not much traffic - especially if you avoid the rush 15 minutes and nary a cobble or sett in sight.

Plenty of hills though :(.

Plus, comfort-wise, you do get suspensioned ones - I just wondered if they were at all equal speed-wise to a conventional road bike.

Boaby Ewing

Boof, they're faster than a regular racer on the flat, but they're shoiiiite for going up hills.

Probably a bad choice for Shetland.

Boof, they're faster than a regular racer on the flat, but they're shoiiiite for going up hills.

Probably a bad choice for Shetland.

Cheers, Dave.

Hills are something we ain't short of - nothing particularly high or steep...just lots of 'em!!

Archived