Time for an objective assessment of how the club us being run

Ernie Eskilsson

5 hours ago, JohnB said:

Bryan Jackson.

Seen him in the fans bar before a game last month , still taking and active interest in the team by all accounts 

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

For what? Laying out a well worded personal view of how things are at the football club?

No surprise this is your reaction to this thread, since you were one of the chief culprits in defending Levein and Budge, talking down to anyone who showed any concern for the direction we were headed.

I was also one of the chief culprits in defending Levein and Budge but I would take exception to the part about talking down to anyone who thought differently, in fact the abuse was one way and it was coming towards me and others of the same viewpoint.

Weakened Offender
15 hours ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

We’re in season six of the five year plan and I think it’s time the FOH produced a considered review of the situation.

We started off with Budgement Day which was quite a ruthless cull of players presumably at Levein’s instructions. We then had a fantastic promotion season followed by a one good then one not so good consolidation season in the SPL. During this period Budge was the darling of the fans, our saviour, our Queen of Hearts. She communicated openly, constructively, honestly and regularly with the fans. The FOH was established and set out on an unparalleled journey that has seen us contribute nearly £10m to the cause so far. All was good, we were the envy of many clubs.

Since then though things have changed significantly for the worse and not just on the pitch. 

We have built a new stand which looks magnificent but has suffered from Design flaws and huge cost overruns. You can’t see the goals from the Gorgie end. The toilets were inappropriately configured causing huge queues.  After all this time the inside is still incomplete. The cost has doubled with the latest estimate at completion around £22m. That Budge’s hibs supporting brother has made any money at all out of this suggests a lack of professional tendering. If he’s made a lot then so much the worse.

We’ve apparently spent c£1m on a new state-of-the-art hybrid pitch. Right now it’s a mess and looks no better than the old one which was a disgrace.

Our best players have had injury after injury where an initial predicted short term out has turned into a much longer term with several failed attempts to return. This suggests the medical dept hasn’t been good enough. Who do we get to fix it - well the same man that oversaw the setup of the last, crap one of course.

Our communications with the fans have become less regular. They carp unnecessarily at our own fans behaviour - we’re not saints but we’re football fans not churchgoers for Christ’s sake. I suspect they’ve also become dishonest. We’ve been told that despite performing poorly we were on the cusp of great things! We’ve been told that Levein would see out this season working with the kids but now he’s on transfers and setting up a new medical team. We’ve been told Budge decided to give Levein the first round of fixtures before making a decision - a fabricated retrospective justification I’m sure. I believe even now she’s angling to keep Levein on in whatever capacity she can. For whatever reason.

The playing side is well documented. We’re 5 points adrift. We’ve endured 3 years of countless transfers bringing poor and injured players into the club with few exceptions. We’ve wasted a great crop of youngsters, letting less skilled journeymen populate the 1st team at their expense. We’ve sent them to lower league clubs to ‘better’ their development. We’ve suddenly picked the odd one for the 1st team out of nowhere and then, just as suddenly discarded him. We’ve endured a 2019 that saw the lowest points won and the poorest quality football I can remember.

Finally we have a new manager in place and it’s right that we must support him. It’s a worry though as it’s a gamble. We’ve started on a new player cull, Budgement Day 2 if you like. But the way in which some players have (rightly) been let go is disappointing. The fact that some others haven’t been culled yet is even more worrying as is the nature of the rumoured recruitment.

i hope that we manage to avoid relegation - that’s the extent of our ambition at the end of the season. Until then we give all our support to the team and keep our fingers crossed.

Either way, once the season is over, I think we need a major, objective review of how the club is being run. It just reeks of desperation and a management team that is out of its depth.

Briefly skims over the positives and then forensically examines the negatives, making up shite in the process. 

Absolute slaver. 

5 hours ago, graygo said:

I was also one of the chief culprits in defending Levein and Budge but I would take exception to the part about talking down to anyone who thought differently, in fact the abuse was one way and it was coming towards me and others of the same viewpoint.

That is some startling revisionism. 

Just now, graygo said:

Maybe to you it is, to me it is fact.

Yes. You are definitely the victim mate.

Puts everything into perspective.

Bazzas right boot

All pish and wind. 

We need a focus on the first team. 

CL removed as manager. 

New manager in. 

Daly gone, new am in. 

New captain. 

Hopefully new players, players returning from Injury. 

We need results, not more statements, reviews and audits. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Yes. You are definitely the victim mate.

Puts everything into perspective.

I think the bannned/ suspended list would lean heavily in the direction of folk lambasting posters defending CL. 

The number of fallen comrades and former prominent jkb posters is testament to that. 

Maybe not tho. 

Maybe jkb should make a statement. 😉

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I think the bannned/ suspended list would lean heavily in the direction of folk lambasting posters defending CL. 

The number of fallen comrades and former prominent jkb posters is testament to that. 

Maybe not tho. 

I'm not even going to get into things with you. You are the chief example from my OP on this thread.

6 hours ago, graygo said:

One way???? Sorry but you need to check back the threads over the last couple of years - anybody who criticised Levein was met with responses of “window licker”, “brain dead”, “idiots” and other such like personal abuse.

29 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe not tho. 

Just laughable! 
Posters who raised concern over where Levein was taking us were lambasted by his fanboys for years with all sorts of name calling and other personal insults!

Didn't see many of them getting added to the banned/suspended list TBH.

4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

One way???? Sorry but you need to check back the threads over the last couple of years - anybody who criticised Levein was met with responses of “window licker”, “brain dead”, “idiots” and other such like personal abuse.

Moon howler. Pant-wetter. Seether. Crayon muncher. Etc.

These terms were constantly aimed at those who could see the direction the club was headed in. Of course, you see them much less frequently now. They were all the rage for years.

I guess the people who used them may have realised that their contribution to the messageboard doesn’t look all that bright in retrospect.

Just now, leginten said:

These terms were constantly aimed at those who could see the direction the club was headed in. Of course, you see them much less frequently now. They were all the rage for years.

I guess the people who used them may have realised that their contribution to the messageboard doesn’t look all that bright in retrospect.

Exactly and laughable that some of the LDL on here (we know who they are) are now crying foul as the same posters they slagged are now calling them out!

15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Send Paul Kane in to do a review. 

He'd be objective. 

He make a far better job of our football department than Mrs Budge, fair enough is objectivety might be questionable 

annushorribilis III
17 hours ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

We’re in season six of the five year plan and I think it’s time the FOH produced a considered review of the situation.

We started off with Budgement Day which was quite a ruthless cull of players presumably at Levein’s instructions. We then had a fantastic promotion season followed by a one good then one not so good consolidation season in the SPL. During this period Budge was the darling of the fans, our saviour, our Queen of Hearts. She communicated openly, constructively, honestly and regularly with the fans. The FOH was established and set out on an unparalleled journey that has seen us contribute nearly £10m to the cause so far. All was good, we were the envy of many clubs.

Since then though things have changed significantly for the worse and not just on the pitch. 

We have built a new stand which looks magnificent but has suffered from Design flaws and huge cost overruns. You can’t see the goals from the Gorgie end. The toilets were inappropriately configured causing huge queues.  After all this time the inside is still incomplete. The cost has doubled with the latest estimate at completion around £22m. That Budge’s hibs supporting brother has made any money at all out of this suggests a lack of professional tendering. If he’s made a lot then so much the worse.

We’ve apparently spent c£1m on a new state-of-the-art hybrid pitch. Right now it’s a mess and looks no better than the old one which was a disgrace.

Our best players have had injury after injury where an initial predicted short term out has turned into a much longer term with several failed attempts to return. This suggests the medical dept hasn’t been good enough. Who do we get to fix it - well the same man that oversaw the setup of the last, crap one of course.

Our communications with the fans have become less regular. They carp unnecessarily at our own fans behaviour - we’re not saints but we’re football fans not churchgoers for Christ’s sake. I suspect they’ve also become dishonest. We’ve been told that despite performing poorly we were on the cusp of great things! We’ve been told that Levein would see out this season working with the kids but now he’s on transfers and setting up a new medical team. We’ve been told Budge decided to give Levein the first round of fixtures before making a decision - a fabricated retrospective justification I’m sure. I believe even now she’s angling to keep Levein on in whatever capacity she can. For whatever reason.

The playing side is well documented. We’re 5 points adrift. We’ve endured 3 years of countless transfers bringing poor and injured players into the club with few exceptions. We’ve wasted a great crop of youngsters, letting less skilled journeymen populate the 1st team at their expense. We’ve sent them to lower league clubs to ‘better’ their development. We’ve suddenly picked the odd one for the 1st team out of nowhere and then, just as suddenly discarded him. We’ve endured a 2019 that saw the lowest points won and the poorest quality football I can remember.

Finally we have a new manager in place and it’s right that we must support him. It’s a worry though as it’s a gamble. We’ve started on a new player cull, Budgement Day 2 if you like. But the way in which some players have (rightly) been let go is disappointing. The fact that some others haven’t been culled yet is even more worrying as is the nature of the rumoured recruitment.

i hope that we manage to avoid relegation - that’s the extent of our ambition at the end of the season. Until then we give all our support to the team and keep our fingers crossed.

Either way, once the season is over, I think we need a major, objective review of how the club is being run. It just reeks of desperation and a management team that is out of its depth.

That Budge’s hibs supporting brother has made any money at all out of this suggests a lack of professional tendering.... I gave up at that point. 

3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Just laughable! 
Posters who raised concern over where Levein was taking us were lambasted by his fanboys for years with all sorts of name calling and other personal insults!

Didn't see many of them getting added to the banned/suspended list TBH.

It was the fact that folk like you had been screaming for years that folk like me had an issue with. He has now been removed, that does not prove you were right all along.

Check out the irony in your post, accusing others of name calling while calling them names in the same sentence.

I'll leave the name calling to you, it's not my style.

3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I've never used any of those in my posts as far as I know.

3 hours ago, leginten said:

So the sensible thing to do now is shout for Stendel's head, he will get sacked at some point in the future and we can claim to have been right all along.

7 minutes ago, graygo said:

So the sensible thing to do now is shout for Stendel's head, he will get sacked at some point in the future and we can claim to have been right all along.

I’m making a point about people who are/were unable to post on a messageboard in a civilised way.

Not entirely sure what point you’re making. 

7 minutes ago, leginten said:

I’m making a point about people who are/were unable to post on a messageboard in a civilised way.

Not entirely sure what point you’re making. 

I wasn't commenting on that aspect of your post, I agree with you on that.

I hate football forums. (fora?)  :( 

My objective assessment is I love the Hearts.  I always have.  I always will.  When we're doing well I'll be thrilled.  When we're not I'll be disappointed, frustrated and possibly angry.

But I'll still be there.

How's that for objective?

21 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It’ll certainly not be the OP. Not a lot of objectivity shown in that post.

I think it was actually quite generous towards Budge.  

On 12/01/2020 at 19:38, Ernie Eskilsson said:

3rd last paragraph. Remember, it was a certain person that f..... up the previous recruitment drives so you can’t level this at Stendel as he simply has to do another one but hopefully this time we get it right 

Doing nothing and keeping the same players on board doesn’t beggar thinking about 

5 hours ago, graygo said:

It was the fact that folk like you had been screaming for years that folk like me had an issue with. He has now been removed, that does not prove you were right all along.

Check out the irony in your post, accusing others of name calling while calling them names in the same sentence.

I'll leave the name calling to you, it's not my style.

🤣

8 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Exactly and laughable that some of the LDL on here (we know who they are) are now crying foul as the same posters they slagged are now calling them out!

What’s the name for a collective of brass necks, possibly a ‘Levein of brass necks’?

8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Send Paul Kane in to do a review. 

He'd be objective. 

That one of your favourites Tosh? 

5 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

What’s the name for a collective of brass necks, possibly a ‘Levein of brass necks’?

😂

Can't we all try and get along now that a new manager has been appointed. 

There's nothing more tiresome than holding old grudges about who said what. 

More than ever now the team needs the fans behind them. 

On 12/01/2020 at 07:24, Finlay James said:

The FOH are fully involved with the club so would not be objective.  It would need to be someone entirely external such as an auditor.

You wouldn't like the outcome though, we may have had a few setbacks but as a business, we're very well run.

If anyone sees Hearts as a "business" they shouldn't be anywhere near us. 

The day we become a business im out.

On 12/01/2020 at 08:05, sam? said:

We’ve not done anything wrong to merit an independent inquiry? 

11 million over run on new main stand says other wise on its own 

40 minutes ago, gorgieroar said:

11 million over run on new main stand says other wise on its own 

That would be an internal one, it would need to be something illegal or really dodgy to need an independent inquiry. We still showing not to bad account wise so the 11 million is huge but being managed fine. It’s really frustrating though when you think how that overspending could have been spent other places particularly the team instead of poor project management.

On 12/01/2020 at 07:35, Forza Cuore said:

Stendel should not have had to remove Daly. The old guard should have been removed before he was here. 

Farce.

That's just wrong. When there's a change of manager, it should be the new manager that decides who, if anyone, he wants to keep from the old coaching team for his team. There are countless examples of new managers coming into clubs and working very successfully with coaches still there from the previous regime, and there's no reason Stendel shouldn't have been given the opportunity to meet Daly, etc and make his own judgement.