Lafferty Signs for Sunderland ( updated )

DB-14

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• BackOfTheNet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Greedy Jambo

Doubt it very much. 

Stendels own men hash tag. 

Looking for pace and energy hash tag. 

Edited by Space Pirate

Anne "Austin, you need to help get new targets in for Daniel" 

Austin "ok I can do that, I have great contacts"

Austin.... So who is Irish and out of contract 🤔

Issue is he would want a reasonable Length of contract , where i think our idea would be till the end of this season (if any truth in it.)

The White Cockade

One goal in twenty games?

I think we were lucky first time round

Rather have Washington and Boyce

The_razors_edge

I’m not averse to bringing KL back but I do question whether he has the work ethic to be part of a DS team. Time will tell I guess.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Can see this happening now that CL isn’t involved with the first team.

Wasn't it Craig Levein who relaunched Lafferty's club career, supported him when he had gambling issues and made him our highest scoring striker in god knows how long, and then allowed him to move to his favourite team in return for a very good fee for us?

Edited by ToqueJambo

julienbrellier

It need to be him plus someone else, don’t think we can rely on him everytime but if free and demands not too high I’d say yes. Him and Boyce would give us good options up top

Say What Again
4 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

I’m not averse to bringing KL back but I do question whether he has the work ethic to be part of a DS team. Time will tell I guess.

Yep, that’s where I sit just now. 

We also apparently want a clear out, CL and AM having no say in things any more. 

Id be surprised if Daniel Stendel has identified Kyle Lafferty as a target without AM input. 

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Wasn't it Craig Levein who relaunched Lafferty's club career, supported him when he had gambling issues and made him our highest scoring striker in god knows how long, and then allowed him to move to his favourite team in return for a very good fee for us?

Aye. One good thing in the past 4 years is alright I suppose. Well done Craig 👍

Greedy Jambo

Lafferty turned up when he wanted to. Aye, he had more talent than the rest of our strikers but he's even older and even slower now. 

Move on. 

Stendel to make his own team

Macphee can do one. 

SwindonJambo

No thanks. Talented but Lazy, inconsistent, few, if any assists and troublesome behind the scenes. He also emboldens the bigots. I think we can do better. 1 goal in 20 appearances in Norway, his most recent gig, is not good!

Howdy Doody Jambo

More of a goalscorer than Uche, McLean and Wighton put together could do a job to keep us up, a character with an edge with a bit swagger , maybe not for next season, we're not exactly minted and a good experienced option and did well for us before As long as he is fit, has a good attitude and wants to play for us, it could be a win win 

The January window isn't the best for options unless you can afford big transfer fees 

Edited by Still Tynie

What’s his motivation this time round?

It was getting his move to Rangers previously.

Look at his career stats. His year with us was the anomaly.

Would also raise yet more questions about our current structure.

I understand desperate times call for desperate measures but it’s a no from me. 

ToadKiller Dog

The coaching team has more important things to do just now than baby sit his ego and destructive off field habits and other nonsense he comes with.

8 minutes ago, obua said:

Can’t see him fitting into  Stendels way of playing, I can’t see him chasing back when it’s not going his way.Its a no from me.

Very much this. I also think he has had his day, done nothing of note since we sold him 

Get rid of  Keena, McLean and Wighton and there's definitely room for him. He's a goalscorer and knows the league and club. Uche, Lafferty, Washington and Boyce would give us the best top 4 in ages.

1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

Get rid of  Keena, McLean and Wighton and there's definitely room for him. He's a goalscorer and knows the league and club. Uche, Lafferty, Washington and Boyce would give us the best top 4 in ages.

I’d get Uche to ****

Ronald Villiers

We really need someone with his quality and character on the pitch.  Off the pitch is the difficult part.  Maybe he's grown up during his time in Norway and has Sevco out of his system now.

31 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Can see this happening now that CL isn’t involved with the first team.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Just now, Armageddon said:

I’d get Uche to ****

Some unbalanced person that a lot of this forum have a crush on gave Uche a massive contract for reasons unbeknown to the majority of our support. 

Hungry hippo

I'm not a big fan but he scores goals and I think he'd be desperate to resurrect his career so would have plenty motivation.

There are probably better options available but seems like a very realistic target who can actually score goals.

letsalllaughathobos

A fit,fresh and motivated Kyle Lafferty strolls into our team, 

Him wash and Boyce with moshino behind deary me, win the Scottish too, 

AlphonseCapone

Doubt we'd get the Lafferty that left, we got the best of him. I also don't know how well he'd do in Stendel's set-up. He's also a twat. 

Having said all that, for the next 6 months, no transfer fee, reasonable wage demand with an option to chat again in the summer. I'd take the chance. 

12 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I’d get Uche to ****

Yep. Would happily see all our current Strikers (Uche, MacLean, Wighton and Keena) punted in January. None of them are good enough. 

20 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Did well on his first spell with us, but will he be as motivated if a move to Rangers isn't on the cards?

No question that he didn’t look twice when they came in for him before. That said, I fully believe that he now regrets his decision and wished he had stayed with us hence the fact it seems that he is hankering for a move back to us 

is he perfect - No. does he get the club, can score goals, has an affiliation with the support and is motivated - Yes

Will he fit into DS way of playing - Not sure 🤔 

I would take a calculated risk and offer him a deal at least until the end of the season 

Surprised at the number of people who wouldn’t want Lafferty back. Probably the most prolific striker we have had in the past decade. And he is available on a free, in a season where we are badly struggling for goals and looking relegation in the face. 

To the people that don’t want him. Do you honestly think we are going to sign better than him?  

Dagger Is Back

Ship has sailed for me although I can understand folks clinging on to memories.

Not going to diss the guy as he scored goals for us. Happy to remember him for some great goals in big games but the show is over

Time to move forwards